Posting time for IB / BA fligths to AAdvantage

Posting time for IB / BA fligths to AAdvantage

Old Aug 2, 21, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
BA again 3 days to post to AA.
Old Aug 10, 21, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA - Plat. Pro; 1W Emerald; HHonors Gold; UA dirt
Whelp: 33 days in and still no miles. Calle the AAdvantage desk to send ticket receipt / itinerary and boarding passes. AAdvantage desk agent in Dallas noted that she had two other request for miles posting from IB. So this may be a wide-spread issue.
rill2503456 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 21, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum / Hilton Diamond / MGM Gold
Originally Posted by ranran View Post
I processed the missing miles on the IB app and within a week I received miles for the outbound flight. I waited a few more days for the return flight miles to post, but no luck. I resubmitted the request on the IB app and after four days, received an email saying the email was corrupted and to resubmit. I just resubmitted the request on the IB app for credit of the return trip on June 22. Hopefully, IB will post to AA before the week is over. I will keep you posted. Cheers!
Followup: After resubmitting the return portion of my flight to be credited and waiting over a week. I contacted AA and they submitted the request for me. I did not have to submit any documents. The AA sent me a confirmation email and said wait about 10 days. Lets see.
Old Aug 12, 21, 8:55 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer View Post
Whelp: 33 days in and still no miles. Calle the AAdvantage desk to send ticket receipt / itinerary and boarding passes. AAdvantage desk agent in Dallas noted that she had two other request for miles posting from IB. So this may be a wide-spread issue.
I filed a missing miles request online this morning, didn't call in. We'll see if that works.
Old Aug 20, 21, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Miles from early July trip finally posted to my AAdvantage account. Finally....
Old Aug 20, 21, 9:08 am

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold
Miles flown on Iberia ticketed AA metal posted, 31 days post flight

Summary of my previous posts and today's update: I flew on AA metal from MAD to DFW 31 days ago on an itinerary that was purchased on IBERIA.COM, thus it was on 075 ticket stock. Note that my Aadvantage number DID print on the boarding pass issued at MAD. Three days after the flight (I had assumed miles would have credited by then) I submitted the ticket number to AA on the website (AA.COM) that asked for no more than the ticket number. Two weeks after the flight I completed the online form and uploaded the ticket receipt and boarding pass. Now, four weeks and 3 days later, the miles have posted. Now, that is in line with the party line that it may take up to 30 days for miles to post when ticketed or flown on partners, but I honestly don't believe it has ever taken this long in the past. I do not know whether this was the electronic transfer of data from Iberia or if the posting was in response to my submissions for missing miles. Anyway, I am glad to have these posted.

Last edited by NW.BTR.Than.The.Rest; Aug 20, 21 at 9:10 am Reason: clarity
Old Aug 20, 21, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NW.BTR.Than.The.Rest View Post
Now, that is in line with the party line that it may take up to 30 days for miles to post when ticketed or flown on partners, but I honestly don't believe it has ever taken this long in the past. I do not know whether this was the electronic transfer of data from Iberia or if the posting was in response to my submissions for missing miles. Anyway, I am glad to have these posted.
There have been multiple postings on the BA forum regarding IB miles not posting...
Old Aug 20, 21, 11:56 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott Platinum
I just got my miles from IB flights in mid-July and early August after submitting a mileage claim. I think they just did a mass posting of all missing miles.
Old Aug 20, 21, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, 3MM; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Priority Club Platinum Elite
A few more data points:

ORD-MAD BA ticket & codeshare flight number on Iberia flown on 7/27 posted on 7/29.
MAD-OPO IB ticket & flight number flown on 7/29, mileage claim filed on 8/11, posted on 8/20.
OPO-MAD BA ticket with Iberia flight number on Iberia flown on 8/9, waiting a few more days before I file a mileage claim.

Really no pattern to figure out when Iberia flights will post.
Old Aug 20, 21, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PANK KP View Post
A few more data points:

ORD-MAD BA ticket & codeshare flight number on Iberia flown on 7/27 posted on 7/29.
MAD-OPO IB ticket & flight number flown on 7/29, mileage claim filed on 8/11, posted on 8/20.
OPO-MAD BA ticket with Iberia flight number on Iberia flown on 8/9, waiting a few more days before I file a mileage claim.

Really no pattern to figure out when Iberia flights will post.
My bet is that if it was an "075" ticket, it got stuck in purgatory.
Old Aug 20, 21, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum / Hilton Diamond / MGM Gold
Finally Posted

Booked on IB because AA was having booking trouble for JFK-MAD-IBZ on June 14th and return on June 22.
Miles did not post. I completed the online IB form to have miles posted. They posted only the outbound flights.
I resubmitted for return flight credit. Received an email saying the email was incomplete. I resubmitted on IB. I also called AA and they initiated the request for me.
A week later, I received another email from IB stating that they do not post miles and that I would have to go through AA. I already did that.
August 20, two months later, I finally received both flights were credited to my AA account. Phew!
Old Feb 17, 22, 5:53 pm

Programs: 7y+ AAdvantage Exec PLT
Originally Posted by NW.BTR.Than.The.Rest View Post
Summary of my previous posts and today's update: I flew on AA metal from MAD to DFW 31 days ago on an itinerary that was purchased on IBERIA.COM, thus it was on 075 ticket stock. Note that my Aadvantage number DID print on the boarding pass issued at MAD. Three days after the flight (I had assumed miles would have credited by then) I submitted the ticket number to AA on the website (AA.COM) that asked for no more than the ticket number. Two weeks after the flight I completed the online form and uploaded the ticket receipt and boarding pass. Now, four weeks and 3 days later, the miles have posted. Now, that is in line with the party line that it may take up to 30 days for miles to post when ticketed or flown on partners, but I honestly don't believe it has ever taken this long in the past. I do not know whether this was the electronic transfer of data from Iberia or if the posting was in response to my submissions for missing miles. Anyway, I am glad to have these posted.
How were the miles posted? I assume based on IB mileage chart despite being AA metal, right? I'm about to buy a PY ticket on a AA metal but IB flight because I will earn more LPs

Search this Thread