AA Boarding Group

Old Jul 12, 2021, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA 1K, DL DM, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz PC
AA Boarding Group

Greetings from a long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I've just finished checking in online and got my boarding pass. Now I haven't flown with AA for a couple of months now, but did they change the non-AA Emeralds boarding group? From my past experience, I believe OWE get to have boarding group 2, but on the boarding pass (even when status is clearly indicated on it), it is not the case.

Pretty sure it's just a system error, but I'm just wondering if any other non-AA OWE had this issue today so that I can be assured that it is not targeted to me only.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 5:58 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
OWE (other than AA) is still boarding group 2 (personal experience as of last week)

Hopefully just a glitch - ask for a paper boarding pass at the gate.

AA recently moved Executive Platinum (their own Emerald) from group 2 to group 1.
UAFF and Antarius like this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA 1K, DL DM, AS MVP 75K, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Got it. The reason I asked this because I got Group 7 on my mobile boarding pass (blue background instead of black with no 'Priority' indicated), and Group 7 on aa.com (with Emerald on top next to TSA PreCheck but still no 'Priority').

Wish I could attach the image but new members need to have 5 posts to post the image, but thanks anyways.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
OWE (other than AA) is still boarding group 2 (personal experience as of last week)

Hopefully just a glitch - ask for a paper boarding pass at the gate.

AA recently moved Executive Platinum (their own Emerald) from group 2 to group 1.
Both Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro are now Emerald. PP is group 2 and EP has been moved to group 1 with first class.....
Old Jul 12, 2021, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by UAFF
Got it. The reason I asked this because I got Group 7 on my mobile boarding pass (blue background instead of black with no 'Priority' indicated), and Group 7 on aa.com (with Emerald on top next to TSA PreCheck but still no 'Priority').

Wish I could attach the image but new members need to have 5 posts to post the image, but thanks anyways.
just board with group 2 - if agent says anything point to OWE status printed on your BP. Won’t be any issue. And it’s sounds like a glitch
jhalapin likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Just ask an agent to remove the FFP # and re-insert it.
I have experienced this issue on most partner issued tickets ( non 001- stock ) on AA and the solution was always to ask and agent to remove and re-insert the FFP number.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
got the email yesterday.... is AA trying to tell me that I need to really start flying again... to experience this group enhancement?
Old Jul 13, 2021, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Just ask an agent to remove the FFP # and re-insert it.
I have experienced this issue on most partner issued tickets ( non 001- stock ) on AA and the solution was always to ask and agent to remove and re-insert the FFP number.
^ This. Just head to the gate 15 minutes before boarding and ask to have your FF number removed and re-added.
ISTFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.