Wiki Posts
Search

LAX xxx DUS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2021, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
LAX xxx DUS

I haven't set foot on an airplane since 2019, thanks to Covid. I am fully vaccinated (Pfizer) and ready to get back on a plane.

I am looking to fly to Düsseldorf later this year, from LAX. I've done this trip many times pre-pandemic. It was straightorward. LAX-LHR-DUS. 1-stop.

I am looking at schedules now. AA has AA134, 135 non-stop LAX-LHR.

When I look for flights to DUS connecting in London does not seem to be an option. They are offering various 2-stop options: LAX to JFK or DFW, then to MAD then to DUS.

I don't mind connecting in Madrid (I speak Castellano/Spanish), but am wondering why they aren't offering LAX-LHR-DUS.

Any advice or comments?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
I haven't set foot on an airplane since 2019, thanks to Covid. I am fully vaccinated (Pfizer) and ready to get back on a plane.

I am looking to fly to Düsseldorf later this year, from LAX. I've done this trip many times pre-pandemic. It was straightorward. LAX-LHR-DUS. 1-stop.

When I look for flights to DUS connecting in London does not seem to be an option. They are offering various 2-stop options: LAX to JFK or DFW, then to MAD then to DUS.

I don't mind connecting in Madrid (I speak Castellano/Spanish), but am wondering why they aren't offering LAX-LHR-DUS.

Any advice or comments?
MrsDallas49er and I were scheduled, booked in F (with unicorn SWUs) on 7/17 LAX-LHR-CDG. BA, it seems, or AA, or both, have coordinated their schedules to eliminate or reduce connectivity times to below minimums.

result: we will now fly home to Dallas on the 17th on points. And are now flying J DFW to CDG on the 20th. Luckily we paid for J, and were able to score the last two seats between the 18th and the 22nd.

Kudos to Juanita at the EXP desk. 25 minutes to put it together.

My advice, as always, is avoid BA and LHR, unless you build in hours to connect. DL seems to work well for your itinerary, and MAD, if you want Oneworld, for me, has yet to provide any Cnx problems.

Bon chance.
roberto99 likes this.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Jul 5, 2021 at 2:31 pm
Old Jul 5, 2021, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I picked a random date in September and both AA and BA apps were showing LAX-LHR-DUS routings.

What are your dates? '

It's possible BA areb't operating DUS every day,
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach

Any advice or comments?
Ah, DUS: die altbier ist gut, ya?! (Some very nice-- albeit hazy--memories at Zum Uerige...
Old Jul 6, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Germany declared yesterday that they are - as of today - open for fully vaccinated UK travelers, so added demand might work in your favor. Until yesterday only German citizens were allowed into Germany departing from the UK (with a very few exceptions) which led to an absolute bare bones operation of both BA/ LH between the two countries....
Old Jul 7, 2021, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Thanks, all. I will wait a bit until my plans settle before worrying about this.

Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
Ah, DUS: die altbier ist gut, ya?! (Some very nice-- albeit hazy--memories at Zum Uerige...
No beer anywhere tastes good to me. Yech. I have heard from others that Düsseldorf Altbier is far superior to Kölsch.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 9:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Look up BA schedule between LHR and DUS to see what the options are. AA transatlantic fare should be able to book into AA or BA code for this segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.