Why can't I check in online?

Old Jun 30, 2021, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
Extra security screening.

Although it could equally be they need to see your documentation, including Covid results.
Completely irrelevant now with Covid. Not to mention you were flying a carrier that had already scanned your passport.
I understand that. I was referring to the previous statement about never having been able to check in online.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
So, I'm asking "Why can't I check in online" today.

EXP w/ spouse, moved up departure from Sunday to this evening to get out in advance of bad weather. 10-day itinerary ATL-MEM-LAS-BOS-ATL. Previously revised itinerary earlier in week to append BOS stop. Requested wheelchair assist for spouse at airport (to gate).

Just went to check in online (first phone then laptop). Delay then, "We're unable to check you in online', "Please check in with an agent at the airport". Now, we need to stop at the desk to secure wheelchair assistance in any case, but we've always had the comfort of prior remote check in.

Can't see boarding pass, so can't speak to a security notation. But if this is "S S S S", why does that require counter check-in? That's handled at the TSA checkpoint, no? FWIW, last international travel was 2019.

Anyone have additional insight? Guess it's prudent to allow extra time at security.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EP
Check with AA to see if something got your ticket out of whack with those changes. They may be able to fix it. If long hold time, try chatting in the app.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Since I posed this question last year, I since discovered it's because the airline had to physically see my negative covid test (even though I used the Verifly,). Thanks for your responses
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Sinead2000
Since I posed this question last year, I since discovered it's because the airline had to physically see my negative covid test (even though I used the Verifly,). Thanks for your responses
Weird. I've been able to check in without incident after Verifly.

And I'm on the "randomly selected" group of the TSA, so doubly surprised that there are issues.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

That was summer '21, leaving from Toronto. It also occurred leaving LAS on WestJet. No one could check in until they physically presented themselves to the desk agent...I'm surprised people didn't miss flights because the process was lengthy, particularly for people who hadn't completed their ArriveCan app as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.