Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amazing New Status Promotion - Targeted?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2021, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by josephstern
That could certainly be true but I'm thinking AA has a way to deal with this, like having Citi run a batch on 12/16 for all purchases after the previous statement closures. Otherwise, there will definitely be some very unhappy people who played by the rules.
people may be disappointed but they really shouldn’t be. The promotion as announced ends Nov 15 but the tracker suggests they will count spend on statements up to Dec 15, so most people would be getting more than they are entitled to under the rules, right?
josephstern and js1993 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 3:34 am
Suspended

am I correct that we don't need to "do" anything do opt in? This offer shows up in my AAdvantage profile with a bar to fill up. I just ran like $20k of charges through my AA card this week, so once they post I should retain EXP? I'm at like 73k EQM but it'll be nice to not need to fly the last 7.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by hbtr
people may be disappointed but they really shouldn’t be. The promotion as announced ends Nov 15 but the tracker suggests they will count spend on statements up to Dec 15, so most people would be getting more than they are entitled to under the rules, right?
Yes, Realistically it appears you actually get nearly an extra full month. Any spend prior to July 15th at posts on your Late July/Early August Statment plus any spend after Nov 15th on your late Nov/Early Dec Statement.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 747-800i
am I correct that we don't need to "do" anything do opt in? This offer shows up in my AAdvantage profile with a bar to fill up. I just ran like $20k of charges through my AA card this week, so once they post I should retain EXP? I'm at like 73k EQM but it'll be nice to not need to fly the last 7.
that is correct, but I suggest that you verify that you can see the “tracker” under your promotions just to be sure. Remember however that this promo lets you keep EXP status for another year but does not give you the SWUs or other “rewards” that you would normally receive upon (re)qualification. So getting those last 7 EQMs might still be worth it.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by Antarius
I just got it as well.

Fantastic
I didn't get it, but then I will still have the same LT PLT status I have this year
Antarius likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:59 pm

Glad to see AA is running this promo for this year. I’ve not flown for nearly 18 months, and will finally (hopefully) take one trip in October or November, and even then am going to barely make the EQDs required.

A bit difficult keeping status (earned in 2019, and not really used since) with all the public advisories and some countries locked down (particularly here in the East). Hoping things change by the end of this year.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 8:07 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
BUMP- has anyone gotten confirmation after a 15000 spend?
Old Aug 5, 2021, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Well was planning to do the $2000 spend after Sept and the 3 biz trips I would have had all confirmed this week NO face to face meetings until Q1 2022 - this does not bode well

Two of those companies are Fortune 1000 and public listed, so not some isolated incident. This tops off my other dozen or so customers PRIOR saying no meetings in 2021 face to face
Old Aug 7, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
My spend from July hit my AA account last night and the promo page shows this now:

Old Aug 7, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: AA PPro
Having already re-qualified "the hard way" for my current status level (Plat), I would like to see American announce a promotion that actually rewarded flying to achieve higher status. I do appreciate the free 1,000 EQD they gave me as well as the double dip promotion from Q4 2020, but they certainly need to come up with at least one more promotion this year to actually encourage flying.
bworrell likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 3:16 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by stephem
My spend from July hit my AA account last night and the promo page shows this now:

Great thanks. Final spend goes on Aug 12 so should be ok

Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
After many years as an EXP, I dropped to Plat (and had to buy up to get that) in 2019 because of a down travel year.

I at least would like to get to Plat Pro -- Would really like AA to release some sort of accelerator for those of us that want to try to go up a level. Right now I'm planning on doing the Hyatt Globalist Plat Pro challenge, but it's still quite a bit with 2.3K EQD and 18K EQM.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks for the tracking info.

It looks odd thought.

I spent $861 on 7/5, paid 7/28, closed 8/3.

I have $700 on the tracker.

These two charges were my only charges since March.

How does $861 become $700? I don't want to call because maybe it should be zero based on the 7/15 start for the spend period.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
am I qualified?

I'm sorry I cant find the reference...I'm wondering if I'm qualified for the challenge and I think this has been asked. I cant find if there were any responses..I was 'gifted' explatinum by Hyatt for 2020. (and took 1 flight before having to scrap my whole vacation due to covid 19 and came back with the masses from London in March).. so am I qualified to do to do a challenge (preferably fly enuf to meet the minimum spend ). I do have a trip to france already booked for sept/oct..hopefully I'll be able to take it if france doesn't go level 4.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by retirementdreams
I was 'gifted' explatinum by Hyatt for 2020. (and took 1 flight before having to scrap my whole vacation due to covid 19 and came back with the masses from London in March).. so am I qualified to do to do a challenge
The terms state that those who hold temporary status due to a promotion are not eligible. I think that is meant to close a potential loophole where you could apply for a challenge that granted immediate status, fail to complete the challenge, but still retain status with 2000 EQD. If your current status was earned for the 2021 year (i.e. valid through Jan 31st 2022) you should be eligible to retain it through this promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.