Search

New boarding groups

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2021, 7:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
New boarding groups

EXP will move to group 1 (finally). Platinum pro will be in group 2. A Positive for platinum pro and exp and a negative for non aa one world emeralds and regular aa plats.

https://viewfromthewing.com/on-june-...arding-groups/
ronp101 and onanisland like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:22 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Love that EXPs are now in group 1!
Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:39 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
What's the difference if people still crowd the gate and AA doesn't actually enforce the groups.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:47 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Boarding groups don't matter if the GA doesn't actively enforce them.

I've been seeing numerous people sneak in during Group 1/2 boarding that clearly have Group 9 BE boarding passes. I've tested in myself a couple of times; either by boarding during Concierge Key boarding or by boarding during First class boarding when seated in Y...no one batted an eye each time.
jmiyazawa and Abidjan like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:55 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
True, using the mobile BP, I too have experimented with boarding right off the bat (after CK calling) and it wasn't an issue.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by CLT
Boarding groups don't matter if the GA doesn't actively enforce them.

I've been seeing numerous people sneak in during Group 1/2 boarding that clearly have Group 9 BE boarding passes. I've tested in myself a couple of times; either by boarding during Concierge Key boarding or by boarding during First class boarding when seated in Y...no one batted an eye each time.
Worst offenders:

1. Those in Group One that block the lane for Pre Boards (and I could write entire thread of how Pre Boards are totally out of control) and CKs
2. Those that think Priority Access means they board first
3. Those seated in higher number groups that simply board out of turn because they won't their bag over their seat, are too dumb to understand the boarding process or think the boarding process doesn't apply to them.
la2clt, Zacnlinc, CLT and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 6:21 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Worst offenders:

1. Those in Group One that block the lane for Pre Boards (and I could write entire thread of how Pre Boards are totally out of control) and CKs
2. Those that think Priority Access means they board first
3. Those seated in higher number groups that simply board out of turn because they won't their bag over their seat, are too dumb to understand the boarding process or think the boarding process doesn't apply to them.
I realize that my experience's are likely the exception to the norm, but I haven't noticed a lot of Pre-Boards lately. I recognize that some flights will have more Pre-Boards than others, like flights from South Florida-CLT/PHL/NYC with their infamous senior brigades (and the infamous cocoon flights...pre-board in a wheelchair, magically heal inflight, walk off upon landing).
onanisland and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 6:27 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
So glad to see AA investing time/resources into things that matter, instead of operating an airline.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
Originally Posted by CLT
...........infamous senior brigades (and the infamous cocoon flights...pre-board in a wheelchair, magically heal inflight, walk off upon landing).
Over at SWA they're called Miracle flights!
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:05 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by CLT
I realize that my experience's are likely the exception to the norm, but I haven't noticed a lot of Pre-Boards lately. I recognize that some flights will have more Pre-Boards than others, like flights from South Florida-CLT/PHL/NYC with their infamous senior brigades (and the infamous cocoon flights...pre-board in a wheelchair, magically heal inflight, walk off upon landing).
Come to MIA. Yes they magically heal when it comes to deboarding. It must be that wonderful Y AA seat that suddenly gives them the gift of mobility again.
Zacnlinc, CLT and H8tofly like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: BA GfL
Are OWEs still group 2?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Are OWEs still group 2?
Yes.
https://viewfromthewing.com/on-june-...arding-groups/

Regards
Old Jun 29, 2021, 7:39 am

Did they increase the number of boarding groups from 10 to 20 now? What are they going to do to make feel passengers anxious and irritated?
Old Jun 29, 2021, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Oh fantastic. So now F passengers can enjoy a stampede of 40 EXP clogging the boarding lane at the same time F is trying to board? Well done AA...
Old Jun 29, 2021, 8:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Seems quite reasonable. Groups 2 and 3 though are going to be rather small on a lot of domestic flights. This will just farther entrench the practice of boarding group 1, then group 2-3-4, but at least the exec plats can get on with group 1 before the big group 2-3-4 push.
Zacnlinc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.