Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admiral Club

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2021, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Admiral Club

I have a trip from CLT to Costa Rica first class. I was originally going to use the Centurion lounge but just found out they have Grab N Go only (bunch of BS). Anyways, if my wife and I have a first class ticket, do we get access?

Also what drinks are offered? Their site says "House drinks" is that wine/beer? If anyone has been there before, is the Centurion Lounge and Admiral Club at concourse C close by each other? On the map it seems "close to each other." Probably will grab my Grab N go from centurion lounge then head over to Admiral club at concourse C?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Yes premium cabin flights to Central America qualify for access.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mvp2885
I have a trip from CLT to Costa Rica first class. I was originally going to use the Centurion lounge but just found out they have Grab N Go only (bunch of BS). Anyways, if my wife and I have a first class ticket, do we get access?

Also what drinks are offered? Their site says "House drinks" is that wine/beer? If anyone has been there before, is the Centurion Lounge and Admiral Club at concourse C close by each other? On the map it seems "close to each other." Probably will grab my Grab N go from centurion lounge then head over to Admiral club at concourse C?
I don't recall it being "grab and go". The only difference is that you can't serve yourself, someone will serve you. This And capacity limits aside, all the ones I've been in are functioning normally.

NVM..I see what you mean now on the app.

​​​​​​
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
definitely check the Centurion first. Last time I was there it was served food rather than grab an go. (it was definitely grab and go over the winter)
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:20 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by mvp2885
The AC and CL don't compare in terms of free drink offerings, you'll have the option of a house red/white which will be just drinkable, some well grade liquor options (i.e Evan Williams for bourbon), beer is usually at least one Macro brewery type (Budweiser, Miller, Coors etc) and maybe a local draft that is free. The lounges aren't far per say (the main terminal of CLT isn't huge by major airport standards), depending where your flight is leaving from the B lounge is newer, but smaller and closer to the high B gates than the C/D lounge in the main part of the building. Overall, the AC is fine for a quick 30-45 minute stop, but I wouldn't plan an early arrival just to visit for some bar snacks, hummus, cheese cubes and maybe guacamole or soup/pasta dish.

Originally Posted by aj411
definitely check the Centurion first. Last time I was there it was served food rather than grab an go. (it was definitely grab and go over the winter)
FYI, for all those commenting, the CLT CL kitchen was recently shutdown and the food is only grab and go, this isn't COVID specifically related and is a new development.

Centurion Lounge CLT (Opened 24 February 2020)
Antarius and aj411 like this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by safari ari
FYI, for all those commenting, the CLT CL kitchen was recently shutdown and the food is only grab and go, this isn't COVID specifically related and is a new development.

Centurion Lounge CLT (Opened 24 February 2020)
Gotcha. thanks for the info.

I was a little confused when I replied earlier as was not used to the grab and go from past experience.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
Gotcha. thanks for the info.

I was a little confused when I replied earlier as was not used to the grab and go from past experience.
same. thanks for the update info!
Back to what we did all winter - grab and go from Centurion and head to the AA lounge :-)
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aj411
same. thanks for the update info!
Back to what we did all winter - grab and go from Centurion and head to the AA lounge :-)
That's what I am going to do. Flight lands at 7:00 am and head over to CL, grab the "food" and head over to AC. Unless a miracle happens and they re-open by Thursday lol
Old Jun 14, 2021, 9:55 am

Am I misunderstanding what "grab and go" means in this thread? I was at the CLT CL last week and everything was normal except that the food was worse and someone puts it on your plate. I sat down there for more than an hour and it was jam packed.
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 4:42 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
They briefly served food to go at Centurion lounge during Covid. IMO the Amex lounge beats the Admirals Club in every respect except for size.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
Am I misunderstanding what "grab and go" means in this thread? I was at the CLT CL last week and everything was normal except that the food was worse and someone puts it on your plate. I sat down there for more than an hour and it was jam packed.
This is apparently a change just in the last few days at the CLT CL specifically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.