Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage refund process

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Baggage refund process

Hi all. My wife is flying now from DFW on a reward ticket booked through BA. The system won't recognize her FF number and thus her sapphire status from BA. The twitter team were aware of this because we had problems reserving a seat which they did manually . The guy at airport insisted she paid 70 usd in baggage fees despite her showing her card and everything. We've paid but wondering what we do with the receipt to get this refunded as it's been charged by error.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by TTmex; Jun 13, 2021 at 2:40 pm
Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTmex
Hi all. My wife is flying now from DFW on a reward ticket booked through AA. The system won't recognize her FF number and thus her sapphire status from BA. The twitter team were aware of this because we had problems reserving a seat which they did manually . The guy at airport insisted she paid 70 usd in baggage fees despite her showing her card and everything. We've paid but wondering what we do with the receipt to get this refunded as it's been charged by error.

Thanks in advance
Having received a benefit from AA (award) you cannot change the ffn get a benefit from another ffp. AA or BA flight number?
Looks like she has been caught by the AA policy as Change FFN / frequent flyer number on AA booking? (master thread)
<snip>
NOTE: If switching from AAdvantage to another scheme's FFN, please be aware: Benefitting from a privilege granted for your AAdvantage status and changing your FFN to earn on another airline is generally prohibited by AAdvantage Terms and Conditions. Doing so might risk that benefit (e.g. upgrade).

<snip>
Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Having received a benefit from AA (award) you cannot change the ffn get a benefit from another ffp
Looks like she has been caught by the AA policy as Change FFN / frequent flyer number on AA booking? (master thread)
Hi. Sorry I made a typo in my original post. Now edited.. The flight was booked on ba.com, not AA
Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi. Sorry I made a typo in my original post. Now edited.. The flight was booked on ba.com, not AA
Using BA avios? Or AA ff miles? AA or BA flight number?(awards are generally native flight number). AA or BA operated flight?
The words "booked through" has little meaning

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jun 13, 2021 at 2:55 pm
Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Using BA avios? AA or BA flight number?(awards are generally native flight number) AA or BA operated flight?
The words "booked through" has little meaning?
Booked with Avios on BA.com. ticket number is 125 stock (ba). However it shows status correctly on ba.com and not on the AA PNR. We couldn't reserve her seat, but AA Twitter did this manually as showed evidence of the status with BA. Check in agent wouldn't accept same evidence and made her pay.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Hi all. My wife is flying now from DFW on a reward ticket booked through BA. The system won't recognize her FF number and thus her sapphire status from BA. The twitter team were aware of this because we had problems reserving a seat which they did manually . The guy at airport insisted she paid 70 usd in baggage fees despite her showing her card and everything. We've paid but wondering what we do with the receipt to get this refunded as it's been charged by error.

Thanks in advance
You should reach out to American's Customer Service.
Have you tried Twitter for that issue with the baggage fee?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mvoight
You should reach out to American's Customer Service.
Have you tried Twitter for that issue with the baggage fee?
Hi yes, but they haven't responded since yesterday. I will reach out to them again.

BW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.