Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by mikeriegel1
Happy to confirm that today FF is open and showers are available - but no FF Dining yet. Lounge is pretty busy - about 2/3 full. Interesting that now after having been at the Centurion lounges around the USA and this is my first time back in Flagship First lounge - the Centurion lounges have better food hands down than FF - at least for the buffet offerings.
Glad to hear that FFL is open. Heard anything from the staff regarding when FFD might return?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by ikwia
I hate to be picky, but perhaps you could update your post to avoid confusing people skimming this thread quickly. There is no such thing as a "Flagship First lounge". It is just the "Flagship Lounge", commonly abbreviated here as FL. The "Flagship First" branding applies only to the special table-service dining option.
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Glad to hear that FFL is open. Heard anything from the staff regarding when FFD might return?
+1, there is no "FFL"

At this rate, sadly, one wonders if there will ever be a return of FFD to LAX
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
At the JFK lounge on Friday night, there were neither vermouth nor bitters at the self-serve bar. A shame as I was in the mood for a Manhattan.

No bitters at the "make your own old fashioned" bar, though the did have a 10 year Tawny I enjoyed.

I asked numerous staffs about bitters and vermouths, but nobody had a clue what I was talking about.

Very odd.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 12:28 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Would really like confirmation about LAX FFD. Debating whether to fly F LAX-MIA in May and I'd like to double dip on FFD if possible.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Spanish
At the JFK lounge on Friday night, there were neither vermouth nor bitters at the self-serve bar. A shame as I was in the mood for a Manhattan.

No bitters at the "make your own old fashioned" bar, though the did have a 10 year Tawny I enjoyed.

I asked numerous staffs about bitters and vermouths, but nobody had a clue what I was talking about.

Very odd.
At LAX this weekend, I attempted to make the “Surf Water” concoction that is pictured a few posts up-thread, but there was no Fever Tree Yuzu. I asked, and they said they didn’t seem to have any, even in the back.

I decided just to make a gin and tonic, but I couldn’t find any tonic water. After asking a staff member, I was brought a Ginger beer from the back. Another staff member then intervened and tried to hand me club soda. I guess because they’re all Fever tree they’re all the same?

Finally, they tracked down some tonic water, which also had to be brought up from the back. The Aviation and Bombay bottles had been emptied out, and no one seemed to be looking to replace them, but they did also have Tanqueray and Hendricks.

I’m glad the lounges are finally reopening, but it looks like there’ll be some growing pains, both with supply issues and with training new staff.
Spanish likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by metallo
At LAX this weekend, I attempted to make the “Surf Water” concoction that is pictured a few posts up-thread, but there was no Fever Tree Yuzu. I asked, and they said they didn’t seem to have any, even in the back.

I decided just to make a gin and tonic, but I couldn’t find any tonic water. After asking a staff member, I was brought a Ginger beer from the back. Another staff member then intervened and tried to hand me club soda. I guess because they’re all Fever tree they’re all the same?

Finally, they tracked down some tonic water, which also had to be brought up from the back. The Aviation and Bombay bottles had been emptied out, and no one seemed to be looking to replace them, but they did also have Tanqueray and Hendricks.

I’m glad the lounges are finally reopening, but it looks like there’ll be some growing pains, both with supply issues and with training new staff.
Growing pains, indeed. I hope we don’t get to a BYOB situation...
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Is LPGS back at FFD JFK (wasn't when I was there in Dec)? Trying to decide whether to upgrade a SFO-JFK with a BXP1 or to hope J is oversold and I get upgraded to F...
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:00 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by no2chem
Is LPGS back at FFD JFK (wasn't when I was there in Dec)? Trying to decide whether to upgrade a SFO-JFK with a BXP1 or to hope J is oversold and I get upgraded to F...
Yes, it is.

However, what’s true one day may not be true the next. I believe the current supply issues are genuine (rather than AA being cheap and advertising something they don’t intend to offer), so we may continue to see things occasionally out of stock for the foreseeable future.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I have an upcoming cruise. When it arrives, it would be great to spend some hours catching up on emails and conference calls. (Otherwise I'd have to take that arrival day as another full vacation day.)

Has anyone had experience buying a 1 day pass (in this case, at MIA) for the Flagship Lounge for a long visit, such as at around noon for an 8pm flight? I don't see any length of time limit in the rules, but I thought I would check on first-hand experiences.

Last edited by chrisny2; Feb 2, 2022 at 4:10 am
Old Feb 2, 2022, 3:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I have an upcoming cruise. When it arrives, it would be great to spend some hours catching up on emails and conference calls. (Otherwise I'd have to take that arrival day as another full vacation day.)

Has anyone had experience buying a 1 day pass (in this case, at MIA) for the Flagship Lounge at around noon for an 8pm flight? I don't see any length of time limit in the rules, but I thought I would check on first-hand experiences.
I've never tried it, but I don't see any reason to think that AA would impose a time limit on a purchased same-day single visit Flagship Lounge pass.

-FlyerBeek
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:55 pm

Newly-minted BA Silver (Oneworld Sapphire). I have a flight tomorrow, 4 Feb out of MIA to CMH on AA.

Status isn't showing on BP after online check-in. Anyone had any difficulties showing the "digital card" on the British Airways app?

Should I expect any issues?
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Spanish
Newly-minted BA Silver (Oneworld Sapphire). I have a flight tomorrow, 4 Feb out of MIA to CMH on AA.

Status isn't showing on BP after online check-in. Anyone had any difficulties showing the "digital card" on the British Airways app?

Should I expect any issues?
You'll be fine. Show them the BA digital Executive Club card from your app, then your AA boarding pass. Access granted!
Spanish likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman
You'll be fine. Show them the BA digital Executive Club card from your app, then your AA boarding pass. Access granted!
Thank you, jcatman!
Old Feb 4, 2022, 8:15 pm

LAX Flagship Lounge, Friday January 28

Here's some pics from an early evening visit:

VSLover and simonsuo like this.
Old Feb 4, 2022, 9:25 pm

Flagship First Dining, MIA, Saturday January 29

First visit since early December. Menu has changed. Plus the place has a lot more activity. My server, the excellent Vivi, said they get a lot of guests flying F on British Airways in the late afternoon.

I was warmly greeted and chose the booth all the way in the back. That's my favorite spot, as you have a glass wall behind you and a great observation point to watch all the British guests.

Menus with some new wines.

Cornbread to start, paired with the Long Meadow Ranch Chardonnay.

Vivi recommended the Blue Crab Salad, and I paired it with the Chablis. Scrumptious.

Vivi recommended the Wagyu Beef Ravioli, which I paired with the Textbook Napa Cabernet. Before the dish arrived, Emily (another fabulous server) came by and warned me that after I taste the ravioli, I'll want three more servings. She was right. This was rich and sinful.

Next up came the Chili Rubbed Kurobuta Pork Chop. I paired this with the Penner-Ash Pinot Noir (a delicious wine). As I feared, this was on the dry side. Next time, I'm getting that fantastic Korean BBQ Skirt Steak.

When Vivi recommended the Coconut Rice Pudding, I rolled my eyes. Stupid me. This was delicious and paired well with the Caramelized Fig Old Fashion.

It's getting more and more difficult to get into this FFD since it does not open until 1:00pm. But if you can make it work, you'll never want to leave. Food and service is top notch. Indulge yourself for 2-3 hours. Well done, American Airlines.

Last edited by jcatman; Feb 4, 2022 at 9:28 pm Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.