Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by KSVVZ2015
Thoughts in MIA (without FFD access, just FL) whether the FL or AMEX Centurion is better for pre-red eye drinks and dinner?

Also assuming FFD access not for sale at the moment?
Did this not too long ago.

Drinks - Amex
Food - FL

They are far apart and to be honest, not worth the journey.

Unless you have hours to kill, I would do the FL and skip Amex.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:16 pm

Thoughts in MIA (without FFD access, just FL) whether the FL or AMEX Centurion is better for pre-red eye drinks and dinner?

What time is your red eye? Centurion is only open until 8:30pm while FL is open until 10:30pm. You wouldn't want to be in Centurion as it approaches closing time since that would mean the food won't be fresh/replenished.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jamabam
What time is your red eye? Centurion is only open until 8:30pm while FL is open until 10:30pm. You wouldn't want to be in Centurion as it approaches closing time since that would mean the food won't be fresh/replenished.
740pm. LHR.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Five Star

FL is less crowded and I like the food. On the drinks, it depends on how good you can mix your own as opposed to the Centurion bartender made cocktails
Bradhattan likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
740pm. LHR.
100% FL over Centurion.
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by contrailsurfer
It is official! LAX FL is open 4:30a - 1a daily as of today
I'm in the LAX FL now. Seems like it used to be! Large selection of hot and cold buffet items, self-serve booze, and someone making guacamole tostadas to order. Not at all crowded, but that's to be expected because it's 2 pm on a Wednesday. Am sure it will get busy later. Another nice touch (which I'm sure is just for the reopening day today) is someone standing just inside the entrance door pouring glasses of champagne for passengers as they arrive.

No mention of FFD, but I did ask about showers and was told they are "working on it" and they are not ready yet but will be soon
renila, FlyerBeek, metallo and 3 others like this.

Last edited by ExpatExp; Jan 26, 2022 at 4:11 pm Reason: Wrong kind of Mexican food!
Old Jan 26, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
I'm in the LAX FL now...
No mention of FFD, but I did ask about showers and was told they are "working on it" and they are not ready yet but will be soon
Just curious, did you specifically ask about FFD? In another forum someone claimed FL agents said it would reopen next week (which seems fairly specific and sooner than I thought based on earlier posts here).

-FlyerBeek
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
740pm. LHR.
FL for sure. Centurion is too crowded and food variety is not that great. FL is much better
Old Jan 26, 2022, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Just curious, did you specifically ask about FFD? In another forum someone claimed FL agents said it would reopen next week (which seems fairly specific and sooner than I thought based on earlier posts here).
I saw your post and asked the LAX FL receptionists. They said they "have no information" about FFD and do not know when it will reopen. Always possible the person in the other forum spoke to someone who knows more…

At the LAX Qantas business lounge now -- thank goodness the showers here are open!
renila, FlyerBeek and metallo like this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
FL for sure. Centurion is too crowded and food variety is not that great. FL is much better
ended up doing both as my flight was out of D3 so easy to visit the centurion on the way down. My views:

(1) Lounge vibe - centurion. The FL is a bit sterile and the centurion has far better views.
(2) Seating - FL
(3) Noise - FL
(4) Food variety - FL
(5) Food quality - centurion
(6) Drinks - centurion by a mile
(7) Service - centurion
jamabam likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
AA.com says FFD open at LAX...not true?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
No, not unless it was reopened today. LAX FL is now open, but LAX FFD still shows "Temporarily closed" here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...rst-dining.jsp

-FlyerBeek
Markie likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Bradhattan
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
No, not unless it was reopened today. LAX FL is now open, but LAX FFD still shows "Temporarily closed" here: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...rst-dining.jsp

-FlyerBeek
Interestingly on the "temporary changes" page, they now have LAX listed in the FFD section. Such inconsistencies, would love to hear from someone on site.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
ended up doing both as my flight was out of D3 so easy to visit the centurion on the way down. My views:

(1) Lounge vibe - centurion. The FL is a bit sterile and the centurion has far better views.
(2) Seating - FL
(3) Noise - FL
(4) Food variety - FL
(5) Food quality - centurion
(6) Drinks - centurion by a mile
(7) Service - centurion
Did both at JFK last week. FFD is obviously another story, but I enjoyed the Centurion much more. Friendlier staff, less pretentiousness, and better drinks. Also some amazing runway views. Non-stop heavy arrivals/departures.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
Originally Posted by jamabam
Interestingly on the "temporary changes" page, they now have LAX listed in the FFD section. Such inconsistencies, would love to hear from someone on site.
FFD at LAX Flagship Lounge is quite closed as of today (1/27). Someone made an oopsie update on the "temporary changes" page.
logicalrealist and jamabam like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.