Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:12 pm

Programs: Many Affiliations: AA ExPlat, AA MM Gold Lifetime+, Hilton Diamond and such
Originally Posted by airb330
None 😞
Originally Posted by FlyFreakquently
Walk by the site every time I fly out of Philly. Aside from a banner announcing a Flagship Lounge, there is absolutely no evidence that what they are planning is being built.
Wait! Really! This has been Coming Soon since what, 2017? I remember hoping through PHL to LHR in March 2019 and was astonished that it was still not opened. Holy cow!

Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I have a long layover at LAX on the 30th, and will post menu and food pix from the FL, assuming no one beats me to it.

​​​
renila, wrp96 and madmanshoney like this.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by oldAGE
Wait! Really! This has been Coming Soon since what, 2017? I remember hoping through PHL to LHR in March 2019 and was astonished that it was still not opened. Holy cow!

Well, to know PHL is to love it, hehe. But actually the AC at that location didn't even close until May, 2019. Probably you had heard at some point in 2017-2018 that a new FL was coming. But they didn't get around to closing the existing club until May, 2019. Construction started some weeks later. And then 'you know what' started. And then and then. Combine that with the usual PHL shenanigans and we may not see this happen for the rest of our natural lives. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a municipal line crossing in the middle of the airport or even in the middle of the club? So another complication there.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: AA sPLAT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by work2fly
I have a long layover at LAX on the 30th, and will post menu and food pix from the FL, assuming no one beats me to it.

​​​
I plan on being there on the 30th for an extended brunch. Will sleep it off back to BOS. I'm sure your pictures will be better than mine.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I would be there on the 28th if plans go accordingly.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by arabiamark
Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a municipal line crossing in the middle of the airport or even in the middle of the club? So another complication there.
You are correct. All of A-West is technically in Delaware County, as is a good portion of the airfield. A-East may be where the dividing line is, and Terminals B through F are in Philadelphia.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA
Do you guys think the DFW Flagship Lounge (not dining) will be open by the end of April 2022?
Old Jan 22, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Just finished up at the JFK FFD. I planned a 6 hour layover to enjoy the experience as best I could, and I have given up my stomach for the good of FlyerTalk. I am absolutely stuffed.

They have a brand new menu. I was preoccupied and didn't take a picture, but this is what I can remember:
Apps:
Fried oyster w/ shallot
A meat and cheese tart
Goat cheese salad
Onion soubise
I forget the last one

Mains:
Duck breast with confit duck leg
Lamb chop
Flagship Burger
Filet w/ crab cake on top
Sea bass
Veggie Shawarma

Desserts:
Affogato
Cheese platter
Dessert flight (pecan pie, key lime pie, cheesecake)
Pineapple Sponge Cake
Poached pear

I had my girlfriend with me, so I looked like less of a glutton as we each ordered 2 mains, had an appetizers each, and split 3 desserts.

Fried oyster: fantastic. small, but so much flavor.
Tart: A must. This was the most decadent and flavorful item of the day. A must get
Burger: Very solid. Nothing spectacular.
Lamb: Fabulous. Barely any meat, unfortunately, but the flavor was intense and delicious. Was not a fan of the potatoes, and there was some odd peppercorn I didn't care for.
Filet: Nothing to write home about. I would pass.
Duck: Not the best, but not awful. The breast was tough and dry, while the confit was decent. I also was stuffed at this point, so my taste buds were dead.
Pear: Light and refreshing. A solid choice
Dessert flight: 100% get. All 3 were fantastic.
Spongecake: Very solid option, although it was a tad dry.

Overall, I would not skip this if you have a FF ticket. I would never pay the full price on my dime, but I used some miles to upgrade a fairly cheap J fare and I don't regret it.

I'll post pics later if anyone is interested.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
That a Los Angeles city law. For indoor dining, must show proof of vaccination and an ID to show it's your proof (because no one, of course, has a fake CDC card . . .).
Technically yes, but none of the other lounges or restaurants at LAX check for this. Imagine it has more to do with Australia being far more vax-mandate happy than even LA County/City is, if that's possible. And yeah, those CDC cards sure are hard to fake...

Anyhow glad to see LAX Flagship finally reopening 22 months later. It's been obscene that premium pax have had to use an AC where they no longer comp premium drinks, or even offer some sort of enhanced food. I'm guessing that the other AC's in the system will not bring back comp premium drinks for eligible pax, ever.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I came through LAX this morning and asked about FL opening at T4 - 26th January was advised (conservatively)..

Flying back to MEL on 25th ... I was hoping post #926 would be more accurate.

On another note, at 8am the T4 AC area (facing T5) was being used; It was crowded. The FL space was blocked off.

My flight left from T5, the AC there was an absolute oasis comparatively .

Last edited by serfty; Jan 23, 2022 at 3:45 pm
Old Jan 22, 2022, 4:32 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by serfty
I came through LAX this morning and asked about FL opening at T4 - 26th January was advised (conservatively)..

Flying back to MEL on 25th ... I was hoping post #926 would be more accurate.

On another note, at 8am the T4 AC area facing T5 was being used, the other side was closed. It was crowded.

My flight left from T5, the AC there was an absolute Oasis at that time of the day.
I was going to ask about the QF lounge and whether it is worth the walk for someone flying AA, but I'm guessing that lounge isn't currently an option at 8am.
Old Jan 22, 2022, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
What Champagne is served at FFD these days?
Old Jan 22, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
I’ll be at MIA tomorrow night can report back
Old Jan 22, 2022, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by jpasiczn
I’ll be at MIA tomorrow night can report back
Let me know - I'll be at MIA Monday morning!
Old Jan 22, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by CappuccinoAddict
my menu from jan 6 should be up there.
CappuccinoAddict likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.