Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by Bradhattan

As of 4:30 something EST today
It's super confusing and misleading but if you take a closer look, those footnotes (the three asterisks ***, and the 1, and the 2 footnote symbols) are for the language under the LHR lounge's Access section.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jamabam
It's super confusing and misleading but if you take a closer look, those footnotes (the three asterisks ***, and the 1, and the 2 footnote symbols) are for the language under the LHR lounge's Access section.
Correct. FL access for MEX itineraries was removed on April 1st, 2021 (no April Fools )

Discussion is located here:
Admirals Club / Flagship Lounge international access changes April 2021

Regards
Old Sep 21, 2021, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by jamabam
Thank you for the clarity! My FL blinders must have been on! LOL. I will report back with AA's judgement "in 7 to 10 business days".
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Jus wondering on Transcon NO guests are permitted into FFD ? Or if the qualifying person has EXP can they guest someone in to FFD? The person being guested in has to be on a same day OW flight I assume? I know for International F you can guest in someone but was curious about Transcon and if status factored in. Curious about FFD only not just FL.
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Jus wondering on Transcon NO guests are permitted into FFD ? Or if the qualifying person has EXP can they guest someone in to FFD? The person being guested in has to be on a same day OW flight I assume? I know for International F you can guest in someone but was curious about Transcon and if status factored in. Curious about FFD only not just FL.
No guests for Flagship First Dining as Flagship First is not categorized as a OW First Class Lounge but as a dedicated section in the AA Flagship Lounge, thus oneworld rules doesn't apply. Even if you're flying International First except for AA operated flights.

Edit: Correction

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Sep 22, 2021 at 12:00 am
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
No guests for Flagship First Dining as Flagship First is not categorized as a OW First Class Lounge but as a dedicated section in the AA Flagship Lounge, thus oneworld rules doesn't apply. Even if you're flying International First.
Oh shoot.. I could have sworn I saw on AA site that International F can guest 1 person in. Maybe I read it wrong and they were referring to just FL.

I dont know why FT didnt let me paste this into a new window/message. I had to come here to Edit this and then could Paste it.

At any rate, this link does say 1 guest to FFD for FF International, unless I'm reading something wrong.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...rst-dining.jsp
Old Sep 21, 2021, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Oh shoot.. I could have sworn I saw on AA site that International F can guest 1 person in. Maybe I read it wrong and they were referring to just FL.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...rst-dining.jsp
Yes, you're right but that's limited to AA International First only.
happiest_at_40000 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 12:52 am

Programs: AA EXP.
just to confirm even with platinum pro the only way for me to get FFD is to fly F? or do some J flights get access?
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:32 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Quick question: I saw this on the flagship lounge access website: "*Departing flight must be the same-day (or before 6 a.m. the following day). Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access." So what is being defined as a non-revenue ticket? If I'm flying a BA Avios reward in Flagship First JFK-LAX, will I have access to flagship lounge & dining @JFK? Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:53 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Amil
just to confirm even with platinum pro the only way for me to get FFD is to fly F? or do some J flights get access?
Being PPro has no relevance. The access to FFD requires a qualifying transcon or Int'l F flight on AA (for now).
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:58 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lonelygod
Quick question: I saw this on the flagship lounge access website: "*Departing flight must be the same-day (or before 6 a.m. the following day). Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access." So what is being defined as a non-revenue ticket? If I'm flying a BA Avios reward in Flagship First JFK-LAX, will I have access to flagship lounge & dining @JFK? Thanks!
Yes, you'll have access on a rewards ticket on FS F flight from JFK to LAX.

Non-revenue refers to internal airline industry tickets as the sentence states.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by lonelygod
Non Rev in that quote is not referring to an award ticket so yes you would have access to FL & FFD.. The before 6am part just meaning if you wanted to get into FL/FFD the day/night before the the qualifying flight would have to leave the next morning before 6am. However, I feel like all the qualifying flights leave at 6am or later. I mean Transcon at least. And nearly all international flights too, from the US at least. Btw a "red eye" that lands the same day of your qualifying flight would get you into FL/FFD the night before. For example, I was flying at 11:45pm LAX-DFW to catch a flight from DFW the next morning in AA F to Asia and had no problem getting into FL/FFD at LAX. Had the flight to DFW left at 5pm though, landing around 10pm then you would not be able to get into LAX FL/FFD or for that matter to DFW either as the flight to Asia leaves at 10am (or it did).
Old Sep 22, 2021, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The before 6am part just meaning if you wanted to get into FL/FFD the day/night before the the qualifying flight would have to leave the next morning before 6am. However, I feel like all the qualifying flights leave at 6am or later. I mean Transcon at least. And nearly all international flights too, from the US at least.
I think there were flights departing at like 1am at one point. Maybe LAX-HKG? This rule was to ensure you could access FFD prior to the technical day of departure. I think there were also scenarios of early morning arrivals/connections but I'm not sure exactly how that would have played into it.
JJeffrey and jamabam like this.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I think there were flights departing at like 1am at one point. Maybe LAX-HKG? This rule was to ensure you could access FFD prior to the technical day of departure. I think there were also scenarios of early morning arrivals/connections but I'm not sure exactly how that would have played into it.
Yea, this is exactly the scenario the "before 6am" part is designed to cover. If I arrive at LAX at 10pm for a 1:30am flight to HKG I can go straight to the lounge, I don't have to wait 2 hours until it's technically the same calendar day.

And the "before 6am" thing is a oneworld rule, not unique to AA. So while AA may not currently have many (if any) qualifying flights departing between midnight and 6am you can bet that other carriers like QR, CX, etc. do.
Old Sep 22, 2021, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yea, this is exactly the scenario the "before 6am" part is designed to cover. If I arrive at LAX at 10pm for a 1:30am flight to HKG I can go straight to the lounge, I don't have to wait 2 hours until it's technically the same calendar day.

And the "before 6am" thing is a oneworld rule, not unique to AA. So while AA may not currently have many (if any) qualifying flights departing between midnight and 6am you can bet that other carriers like QR, CX, etc. do.
That would take lounge dragons to a whole new level if they actually tried to not let you in until Midnight if you have a 1am 2am, etc flight.

I was actually pleasantly surprised I was welcomed in with no issue to LAX FL for a flight the night before the 10am flight from DFW. They explained that since it lands in DFW the same day as the departing international F flight thats why I got access at LAX.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.