Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2021, 12:59 pm

Programs: Asiana Club Diamond
Originally Posted by General99
are you able to access flagship lounges domestically?
If you're flying Flagship Business/First transcon or are a non-AAdvantage/Mileage Plan OneWorld Sapphire/Emerald.
jcatman and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 2:36 pm

Agreed it seems tiny, arent aa and ba in different terminals too? why do they need a lounge within the flagship louge?
BA is eventually moving the T8. The original plan was 2022, when the JFK expansion of Terminal 8 is complete. I have to believe that was slowed because of COVID.

Assuming it is for BA, yikes! When you look at the space they currently have in their JFK lounges, the Bridge might be 20% of their current space. (Purely a guess.) The FL already gets packed in the late afternoon. I can't imagine how full it would be if you added all the folks from BA flights, post-COVID. Yikes!
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Global321
BA is eventually moving the T8. The original plan was 2022, when the JFK expansion of Terminal 8 is complete. I have to believe that was slowed because of COVID.

Assuming it is for BA, yikes! When you look at the space they currently have in their JFK lounges, the Bridge might be 20% of their current space. (Purely a guess.) The FL already gets packed in the late afternoon. I can't imagine how full it would be if you added all the folks from BA flights, post-COVID. Yikes!
No way thats enough space for a BA lounge. I believe once BA is over at T8 that will mean more ppl in FFD as just like CX I think BA will be allowed in. Still though I dont see how that space is enough for a proper lounge. Is there more they knock down like whats on the other side or there is no more space?

Sad to see The Bridge go.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
No way thats enough space for a BA lounge. I believe once BA is over at T8 that will mean more ppl in FFD as just like CX I think BA will be allowed in. Still though I dont see how that space is enough for a proper lounge. Is there more they knock down like whats on the other side or there is no more space?

I would be very sad to see the bridge go as well. Are we sure its being turned into a BA lounge? Can someone ask next time their at the FL.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
agents at ord said October was the plan, is that changed to November? maybe December? Bummer for the delay ord needs the flagship lounge.
The agent didn't give me a specific date. She said that it's being delayed ( they don't know the reason ) and they were originally told that the Flagship Lounge was supposed to open September-October.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al

Yes, there should be plenty of space. I believe AA is relocating the JFK Flight Operations (pilot) office space that's located behind the fake wall at the far end of The Bridge space. There would be plenty of room there to add a new lounge with the Bridge being used as an entranceway of sorts. Not quite as large a footprint as the FL itself, but probably more than half the size, IIRC.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 18, 2021, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Yes, there should be plenty of space. I believe AA is relocating the JFK Flight Operations (pilot) office space that's located behind the fake wall at the far end of The Bridge space. There would be plenty of room there to add a new lounge with the Bridge being used as an entranceway of sorts. Not quite as large a footprint as the FL itself, but probably more than half the size, IIRC.

-FlyerBeek
Honestly whats the point of having 2 separate lounges (right next to each other that might even share the same entrance) if passengers can access either one. I dont see why they cant just build one mega flagship lounge.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Honestly whats the point of having 2 separate lounges (right next to each other that might even share the same entrance) if passengers can access either one. I dont see why they cant just build one mega flagship lounge.
Purely speculation, but I suspect that might be the plan. Or, make a larger dedicated F (Concorde Room type) section in addition to FFD and the regular Flagship portion. If we ever get back to anything close to normal, there’s absolutely no way the current FL has enough space for all of AA’s and BA’s eligible passengers.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
1. Wow to the booze selections, a lot of improvements on the spirits. Whistlepig 10, Johnny Blue, Macallan 18, DJ 1942. Not everything is for everyone but that's a decent variety of higher shelf stuff.

2. I think DFW had some sort of weird dining room that wasn't FFD at some point... I never went, but it was in terminal D. Assuming that's what enviroian is recalling, rather than the (previously) strictly-controlled FFD.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
2. I think DFW had some sort of weird dining room that wasn't FFD at some point... I never went, but it was in terminal D. Assuming that's what enviroian is recalling, rather than the (previously) strictly-controlled FFD.
Yes, before DFW D FL/FFD was created (and well after the legacy DFW A FL was closed), they had this odd interior dining area inside the DFW D AC for customers who otherwise would have received FL access. It might have originally been either a children's play area or smoking room that was repurposed. IIRC, it was really just a small buffet with some enhanced drink options. Not nearly as comprehensive as the legacy JFK/ORD/LAX FL food options. I think it existed from around 2016-2018.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 18, 2021, 7:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
1. Wow to the booze selections, a lot of improvements on the spirits. Whistlepig 10, Johnny Blue, Macallan 18, DJ 1942. Not everything is for everyone but that's a decent variety of higher shelf stuff.

enviroian Yes but there was no special dining room in 2019. Enviroian specifically said this was in 2019. Maybe im just a skeptical person but I still highly doubt he was let into FFD as a EXP in J. There has to be more to this story. AA basically never makes mistakes in the customers favor regarding lounge access. Imagine how crowded FFD would be if all EXP in J were let in.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:19 pm

I would be very sad to see the bridge go as well. Are we sure its being turned into a BA lounge? Can someone ask next time their at the FL.

-FlyerBeek
Purely speculation, but I suspect that might be the plan. Or, make a larger dedicated F (Concorde Room type) section in addition to FFD and the regular Flagship portion. If we ever get back to anything close to normal, there’s absolutely no way the current FL has enough space for all of AA’s and BA’s eligible passengers.

-FlyerBeek
So all speculation and guesses. Could be right. Could be wrong. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But just says no one knows for sure.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
I'm quite aware of that. But when you have a limited list like that, some geographic variety is appreciated.
What kind of wines do you think Air France serves?
Old Sep 19, 2021, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Global321
So all speculation and guesses. Could be right. Could be wrong. Not that there is anything wrong with that. But just says no one knows for sure.
But what's the point of FT if we cannot speculate endlessly about all things airline that we're not experts on?

-FlyerBeek
Global321 likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 1:34 am

Lounge access at Lax

I have a BA flight arriving into LAX in F next year, connecting to a AA J to LAS, would I be able to have Flagship lounge access on my arrival in LAX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.