Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 21, 22, 8:28 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: arabiamark
Wiki Link
Airline will welcome back customers with new menus inspired by chefs from the James Beard Foundation (link)
  • Flagship Lounges will begin reopening in September.
  • American collaborates with James Beard Foundation and awe-inspiring local chefs on regionally inspired menu items.
  • Customers traveling to Hawaii in Flagship First and Flagship Business will be able to access the Flagship experience.

Reopening schedule:

• John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) Terminal 8
    • Flagship Lounge: 14 Sept, 2021
    • Flagship First Dining: 16 Sept, 2021
  • Miami International Airport (MIA) Concourse D
    • Flagship Lounge: 28 Sept, 2021
    • Flagship First Dining: 30 Sept, 2021
  • Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Terminal 4
    • Flagship Lounge: 26 Jan, 2022
    • Flagship First Dining: Closed - TBD
  • Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) Terminal D
    • Flagship Lounge: 2 Mar, 2022
    • Flagship First Dining: 3 Mar, 2022
  • Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) Terminal 3
    • Flagship Lounge 21 April, 2022
    • No Flagship First Dining at ORD.
The Philadelphia (PHL) lounge is under construction with a "coming soon" note on aa.com.

Print Wikipost

Old Jun 16, 21, 6:44 am

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I thought AA was building JFK and weakening PHL as an international hub, so the FL there will be last priority or may not happen, it seems...
Old Jun 16, 21, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nk15 View Post
I thought AA was building JFK and weakening PHL as an international hub, so the FL there will be last priority or may not happen, it seems...
AA has said repeatedly that they are keeping PHL as the primary TATL connecting hub. They are adding new routes at JFK that can sustain both with O&D and connecting feed from B6, but they don't have the ability at JFK to connect massive numbers of people to Europe like they do at PHL, where they can do it on their own metal and pocket all the revenue.

PHL took a big hit during COVID because its operation is built on TATL (even the frequencies that made the domestic connecting hub viable were because of the scale of the international connecting hub).
LovePrunes and nk15 like this.
Old Jun 20, 21, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm surprised at the negativity on this thread. It's a start and while it's not as good as the lounges reopening tomorrow it's miles ahead of United who has nearly every non hub UC closed and certainly no plans to reopen Polaris lounges, and Delta who doesn't even have a Polaris/Flagship Lounge equivalent. AA is at least leading on this in a situation where they could easily announce next year for reopenings.
Old Jun 20, 21, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA PPro, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
I'm surprised at the negativity on this thread. It's a start and while it's not as good as the lounges reopening tomorrow it's miles ahead of United who has nearly every non hub UC closed and certainly no plans to reopen Polaris lounges, and Delta who doesn't even have a Polaris/Flagship Lounge equivalent. AA is at least leading on this in a situation where they could easily announce next year for reopenings.
I agree, I booked a speculative trip for October to visit Flagship First Dining in MIA. Here is hoping they actually pull it off and the quality is the same as before, looking forward to it!
Old Jun 21, 21, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by DMPHL View Post
AA has said repeatedly that they are keeping PHL as the primary TATL connecting hub. They are adding new routes at JFK that can sustain both with O&D and connecting feed from B6, but they don't have the ability at JFK to connect massive numbers of people to Europe like they do at PHL, where they can do it on their own metal and pocket all the revenue.
Delta operated more flights to Europe from JFK (pre-Covid) than American did at PHL. Not just in the summer, but year-round. AA+B6 had more flights out of JFK than did DL (pre-Covid). So, how could DL make that happen, but AA+B6 are unable to? And if you are able to operate a TATL flight with more O&D passengers, you need fewer connecting passengers to make that flight go out full.
Old Jun 26, 21, 1:19 am

For MIA reopen they say September. Do you take that as September 1st or TBD in September?
Old Jun 26, 21, 5:03 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, WN A+/CP, UA SIL, DL Plat, Marriott TIT (LT), Hyatt EXPL, Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by lunchtime View Post
For MIA reopen they say September. Do you take that as September 1st or TBD in September?
more likely the latter.
Old Jul 24, 21, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I cant find anything on Flyer Talk about Xmas in the FL lounges.. Was wondering has anyone been in on Xmas Day and is anything different? In particular my question is for JFK.. I cant imagine its closed lol. I mean of course I know its closed now but assuming its open by then. I know its been only 2 or maybe 3 Xmas's with FL's open since we lost one last year but has anyone been in on Xmas and in particular at JfK if you were there on Xmas was The Bridge a la carte menu still being offered?
Old Jul 24, 21, 9:29 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/AUA/MIA/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000 View Post
I cant find anything on Flyer Talk about Xmas in the FL lounges.. Was wondering has anyone been in on Xmas Day and is anything different? In particular my question is for JFK.. I cant imagine its closed lol. I mean of course I know its closed now but assuming its open by then. I know its been only 2 or maybe 3 Xmas's with FL's open since we lost one last year but has anyone been in on Xmas and in particular at JfK if you were there on Xmas was The Bridge a la carte menu still being offered?
The lounges are all open holidays.

There might even be a special holiday dish or two on offer in the FL. If indeed it reopens.
Old Jul 24, 21, 11:42 pm

If it's open by then I'd guess maybe a holiday special mixed beverage at the bar and cokies.

Maybe a few decorations but some restaurants in the airport will probably have a more festive holiday special meal on their menu and better decorations tbh
Old Jul 26, 21, 11:17 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
any news about AMS? One of the few destinations with AA transatllantic service, but the only oneworld lounge that is open does not allow AA or BA passengers...
Old Jul 26, 21, 11:19 am

Programs: AA PPro, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mith View Post
any news about AMS? One of the few destinations with AA transatllantic service, but the only oneworld lounge that is open does not allow AA or BA passengers...
Urrr... why would there be news about a Oneworld lounge @ AMS in the American Airlines "Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining" thread?

Regards
Old Jul 26, 21, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by mith View Post
Why doesn't it allow BA or AA pax, is it a contract lounge
Old Jul 26, 21, 12:11 pm

Programs: Exec Plat; 2.7 m miles
I just booked a LAX-BOS roundtrip in October and was surprised to see all AA flights designated as Flagship flights. I understand that there will be three cabins on the flights but what are the Flagship benefits in BOS? Will there be a Flagship lounge in BOS by October?

BTW, AA has converted the Flagship lounge at LAX into an extension of the Admirals Club. It is less crowded than the traditional Admirals Club and a better atmosphere.
Old Jul 26, 21, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
When the flagship lounges open up do yall think they will continue with the buffet setup?

Search this Thread