Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:41 pm

What are people's take on the FFD red wines?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
Back at JFK FFD for lunch!

Nice looking plate..

How was breakfast? Always seems like lunch/dinner were better but maybe just because how elevated can breakfast really be. Although at LAX FFD I swear they had a diff crew who worked 6-11 and then left b/c I had some pretty weak breakfast but quite good main menu options.

Thanks for the pics
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I really want to get into FFD on LAX-MIA-JFK in a few weeks. LAX-MIA in FF. These JFK agents better let me in. Will arrive 8pm and want to drink and have a nice dinner.

Funny thing is I probably have a better shot getting in at JFK for dinner than at MIA for lunch due to the incompetent dragons at MIA.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
It’s Thursday at 4 pm and the Flagship Lounge at JFK is PACKED!!! There are no empty seats. I have never seen the Flagship Lounge this crowded. There must be a couple of hundred people in here. I wish I had one of my old complimentary FFD dining coupons!!!
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PHL
Yes, LHR is among the 5 destinations served from PHL. I should have been more specific in my comment about what constitutes FS, which I believe is the whole experience. What is different between a FS JFK-LHR business class flight vs. a FS PHL-LHR business class flight? Answer: The pre-flight experience.
{Emphasis added}
You're free to believe that, but it doesn't mean it's true. Just because in PHL you get the AC with drink chits instead of a Flagship Lounge doesn't mean it's not flagship service.

In any event, FFD looks great, surprised they have such a "full" menu given usage will probably be slow to ramp up.
On the bubbly, I imagine the Roederer is what they serve in the regular FL. Originally it was Bolly which I really like, but Roederer is fine.
I don't actually recognize any of the FFD red wines, but the Hermann Weimer Riesling is pretty good. Prob ~$20 retail.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by sportsguymichael
It’s Thursday at 4 pm and the Flagship Lounge at JFK is PACKED!!! There are no empty seats. I have never seen the Flagship Lounge this crowded. There must be a couple of hundred people in here. I wish I had one of my old complimentary FFD dining coupons!!!
I thought this is supposed to be a slow week for flying......
Old Sep 16, 2021, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Why can't AA duplicate what we see in these above pictures in an airplane?
NickRivas likes this.

Last edited by enviroian; Sep 16, 2021 at 2:57 pm
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:04 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ijgordon
I don't actually recognize any of the FFD red wines, but the Hermann Weimer Riesling is pretty good. Prob ~$20 retail.
I Googled the Hourglass "HG III" Napa Valley Red Blend. It's a blend of 75% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Petite Syrah which retails in California for $45-50.
wrp96 and madmanshoney like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sportsguymichael
That is absolute peak hour for JFK, there is a good 4 hour time frame when JFK is packed but not during those hours its super nice. More people know about flagship lounge access top, the longer these lounges are open the more people figure out they can get in. You would be super surprised by how many flyers don't realize they have access to these nice lounges. Was the flagship bridge open while you were there? Its a bummer its connected now because that was one of the best benefits!
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
Why can't AA duplicate what we see in these above pictures in an airplane?
It is significantly more expensive and logistically way more complex, and they have to deal with the whole FA issue
Old Sep 16, 2021, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by PHL
The correlation should be for which airports have the most flagship service flights, which PHL has never had any. But if they were building a lounge then it leads me to believe that marketing some routes would follow..
MIA has a lot of international destinations, but they don't all have flagship service. LAX has just LHR a few times per day as a passenger flight with FS, but also has JFK, BOS and MIA that also have FS.
PHL currently has 5 European routes, but none offer flagship service at the moment. Prior to the pandemic, PHL had 2x+ that many European routes in peak season

Obviously, this map is a moving target until the pandemic is better under control on a global scale.
https://www.aacargo.com/downloads/Do...0121d-2021.pdf
All of the PHL-Europe flights were, are, and will be in the future Flagship Business product. It's what the international business class product is just called (minus some short-haul business). Have a look at the menus from those routes. They will all say Flagship Business.
FlyingEgghead likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by mileshound
What are people's take on the FFD red wines?
4/5 domestic = blah.

But I'll be doing Champagne when that time comes, so I'm not bothered too much.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:18 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
4/5 domestic = blah.

But I'll be doing Champagne when that time comes, so I'm not bothered too much.
I'm up for trying the wines. If not satisfactory, the Macallan 18yr is there.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Nice looking plate..

How was breakfast? Always seems like lunch/dinner were better but maybe just because how elevated can breakfast really be. Although at LAX FFD I swear they had a diff crew who worked 6-11 and then left b/c I had some pretty weak breakfast but quite good main menu options.

Thanks for the pics
I thought both breakfast and lunch were excellent, though I'm no foodie.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 7:39 pm
Suspended

As a EXP traveling internationally was allowed access to flagship first dining JFK. Maybe this is a sign of things to come, no reports of this on flyer talk but 2 others in the EXP facebook group have reported this as well.
NickRivas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.