Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2021, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
ExP flying MIA to MEX next month ticketed in F...is that enough to get me into FF? Been off the road awhile and searched this thread and didn't see anything. Thanks guys.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by AsiaTravel2019
ExP flying MIA to MEX next month ticketed in F...is that enough to get me into FF? Been off the road awhile and searched this thread and didn't see anything. Thanks guys.
Don't think that one even confers AC access unless you're a member.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
Don't think that one even confers AC access unless you're a member.
Flew it a few times last year and was let into AC both times by the dragons without a problem.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 6:48 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Flew it a few times last year and was let into AC both times by the dragons without a problem.
I believe it was Domestic US, Canada, and Mexico, with the exception of MEX, which did count as international. Now any F/J/Elite Canada/Carribean/Mexico flight counts as international, and have been given AC access (at least for the time being), but it doesn't look like FL or FFD access is listed.

Last edited by S80; Sep 13, 2021 at 6:49 pm Reason: Added F/J/Elite requirement
Old Sep 13, 2021, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by S80
I believe it was Domestic US, Canada, and Mexico, with the exception of MEX, which did count as international. Now any Canada/Carribean/Mexico flight counts as international, and have been given AC access (at least for the time being), but it doesn't look like FL or FFD access is listed.
Got it. Thanks
Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by S80
I believe it was Domestic US, Canada, and Mexico, with the exception of MEX, which did count as international. Now any F/J/Elite Canada/Carribean/Mexico flight counts as international, and have been given AC access (at least for the time being), but it doesn't look like FL or FFD access is listed.
Yeah used to get FL with MEX but not anymore just AC
Old Sep 13, 2021, 7:25 pm

The fine print on AA website (https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp) says:

"Except on flights operated by Alaska Airlines, access is not granted when flying from the United States to Canada, the Caribbean and Mexico (except Mexico City). Departing flight must be the same day or before 6 a.m. the following day. Non-revenue passengers aren’t eligible."

So my apologies, MEX seems to be an exception, but at least the rules say no AC on other Mexico flights.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:26 pm
Suspended

anyone who will be at JFK FL tomorrow report what it's like. I have heard rumors they will switch to a la carte instead of buffet.
Old Sep 13, 2021, 8:29 pm
Suspended

lot of misinformation, you will have AC access. A couple months ago you would have gotten FL access but that changed when AA expanded AC access but took away FL access. You have access to the AC via class of service and status.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
What are/were the actual mechanics of FFD access -- the steps and gatekeepers (assuming you're eligible)? Obviously the first step is to get into the FL.

At MIA and LAX, where the initial dragons guarded both AC and FL, they handed a special card to those allowed in the FL (then the secondary FL dragons simply took the card). Would those same initial dragons also adjudicate FFD and provide some additional credential? Likewise, at JFK where the FL was separate and the entrance dragons were checking only FL access, would they adjudicate FFD at the same time?

Now, you get to the FFD door and face the final dragon. What exactly do they need to see? Are they checking your boarding pass details from scratch, or checking some token you got at an earlier stage? If there's a physical token that they take from you, how do you reenter if your layover is long enough for two meals?

These questions can be important so you know at what point to ask for an FFD invitation if it isn't proactively offered. Hoping some folks remember how it used to work and that will be a good guess of how it works on reopening.
I don’t recall the exact mechanics at LAX - it’s been a couple years - but the FFD entrance was near the FL entrance and I think the agent upstairs just asked if I wanted FFD and then either pointed me to or walked me to the entrance. Also, when they revamped the LAX FL and opened FFD I thought they stopped using a keycard to enter.

I tend to dislike using the term dragon when referring to agents who staff the entrances of ACs or FLs. I have had pleasant experiences with the agents at the entrance to every AC or FL that I have visited (including MIA but only visited twice), One or two BA lounge agents might warrant that title.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 12:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by hbtr
I don’t recall the exact mechanics at LAX - it’s been a couple years - but the FFD entrance was near the FL entrance and I think the agent upstairs just asked if I wanted FFD and then either pointed me to or walked me to the entrance. Also, when they revamped the LAX FL and opened FFD I thought they stopped using a keycard to enter.

I tend to dislike using the term dragon when referring to agents who staff the entrances of ACs or FLs. I have had pleasant experiences with the agents at the entrance to every AC or FL that I have visited (including MIA but only visited twice), One or two BA lounge agents might warrant that title.
Go to MIA upon arrival on 77W from LA and you may agree with the term . I have had more friendly exchanges with AA FA's than lounge agents. I know AA has its moments with FA's acting like you are troubling them by asking for a refill or water bottle but I feel like its more the long time FA's and on international routes. I have had some really nice FA's on shorter flights and in fact dated one I met on a FLL to DFW route. Unfortunately, according to her my Foodie & Surfing life did not allow any time for her and she ended it LOL

Rally though I want to try to look on the positive side of things but I have to say it is an exception not the norm that I have had super friendly service by lounge agents at AA lounges
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by hbtr

FFD at LAX is by the showers. Right when entering and then a left and at the end. I remember being given a card to show. And the person at FFD usually was a younger person just like the Host for the restaurant, not the typical agent at the main entrance. I dont recall the exact specifics lounge to lounge and what not but lets just hope there are no issues at MIA on arrival as that was a huge issue especially during Covid.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by General99
anyone who will be at JFK FL tomorrow report what it's like. I have heard rumors they will switch to a la carte instead of buffet.
Typically that would be good but if its from the AC kitchen I dunno....

Love to hear about how it is set up so hope someone will post tomorrow.

Curious if the Bridge is open?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Anyone heard any rumblings about when ORD might re-open? Will be at T3 on 15 and 26 next month. 5 of us on BA business tickets, and we'll then want to guest in my MIL (my wife and I are BA Silver - oneworld Sapphire) with no status and is just on a domestic. At this stage it's looking like the AC, but FL would be amazing given we have a fairly long layover.
Old Sep 14, 2021, 2:17 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Anyone heard any rumblings about when ORD might re-open? Will be at T3 on 15 and 26 next month. 5 of us on BA business tickets, and we'll then want to guest in my MIL (my wife and I are BA Silver - oneworld Sapphire) with no status and is just on a domestic. At this stage it's looking like the AC, but FL would be amazing given we have a fairly long layover.
Same Q for me. Flying in to ORD on EY in business (T3 landing as US Preclearance in AUH), then onward on AA in F (to LAS) so not transcon...

Was planning on using OW Saphire via Qatar Airways to get in.. can anyone see any issues to access either Admirals or Flagship using that on the above ITIN in ORD?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.