Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Where and when did all of this news originate? I must have missed it all.. Feels weird to take away one of AA's premiere lounges by name. Not that it was great or anything. BA and AA arent teaming up at any other airports right?

Curious where will Soho be if Greenwich is taking up all the space of current FL/AC?

If the current FFD is in the least prestigious of the 3 lounges surely it wont be used as a dining room anymore? Just an overflow space?

Qualifying access is confusing enough with just an FL, now we have 3 lounges to learn rules on.
Sir, did you really miss the news about the new lounge situation from months ago?! I'm shocked.

I think the access rules are still simple, and actually maybe even simpler than the current setup, as it aligns with BA.

Greenwich is the J lounge for J passengers and OW sapphires (like the BA Galleries Club, or CX J lounge, etc.)
Soho is the "F" lounge, but actually a OW Emerald lounge (like BA Galleries First)
Chelsea is the true F lounge for passengers in First (like the CCR).

The new lounges (Soho and Chelsea) are in former office space, completely renovated on the other side of the former Bridge section of the Flagship Lounge. The space they will be in is not part of the current Flagship Lounge, but in large former office spaces above the current Gate 14 and the new gate areas being completed immediately adjacent.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by DMPHL
Sir, did you really miss the news about the new lounge situation from months ago?! I'm shocked.

I think the access rules are still simple, and actually maybe even simpler than the current setup, as it aligns with BA.

Greenwich is the J lounge for J passengers and OW sapphires (like the BA Galleries Club, or CX J lounge, etc.)
Soho is the "F" lounge, but actually a OW Emerald lounge (like BA Galleries First)

The new lounges (Soho and Chelsea) are in former office space, completely renovated on the other side of the former Bridge section of the Flagship Lounge. The space they will be in is not part of the current Flagship Lounge, but in large former office spaces above the current Gate 14 and the new gate areas being completed immediately adjacent.
Somehow I missed it yes. Thanks for the extra details.. Looking forward to January and checking them all out.
DMPHL likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 8:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Originally Posted by DMPHL

So those who benefited the most seem to be OWE? As of right now, they can go into Flagship Lounge, mixing with OWS and J...
Old Nov 20, 2022, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by lonelygod
So those who benefited the most seem to be OWE? As of right now, they can go into Flagship Lounge, mixing with OWS and J...
Yes, but also maybe CKs who, according to JonNYC, would have access to Chelsea consistently. Would be great for them if true.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 10:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
CK having access to Chelsea on all flight is great, and appropriate, to differentiate them from the various Platinums.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
Just bumping BlooJoo's question. (I never saw an answer after the Nov 12 post.) I would cetainly HOPE that the leak was repaired by now, but looking for confirmation that the DFW FL is open. And DFW FFD as well! AA's schedule change and equipment swaps (77W -> 772) on the LHR-JFK route last night now have moved my connection from JFK (so won't see Chelsea Lounge this trip) to DFW to stay in F and connect same day.
Yes, both are open. FFD was great when I was there Saturday. Ask for Sarah, she is amazing.
Madison Guy and ryanbriar like this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 11:52 am

I'm somewhat afraid of beating a dead horse...but are there any hints regarding the PHL FF lounge? I have flights in March and August of NY to EUR and would love for it to be open by then.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I think Greenwich if I am reading it right. Although Transcon in general is the confusion I see. If F getting into Soho or not.
Would be nice if transcon J + EXP or other OWE got you into Soho. I think JonNYC posted that transcon F gets Chelsea access.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Originally Posted by Ned13
I'm somewhat afraid of beating a dead horse...but are there any hints regarding the PHL FF lounge? I have flights in March and August of NY to EUR and would love for it to be open by then.
Last time I asked (2 weeks ago) I got an "eye roll" with the comment that it will be a long way off. This was after getting rejected at the BA lounge.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jcain
Would be nice if transcon J + EXP or other OWE got you into Soho.
No, it wouldn't.

I think JonNYC posted that transcon F gets Chelsea access.
Yes, and CK on all flights, appropriately. AA needs to do a better job differentiating CK from The Platinums, and this is a step in the right direction.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I am very confused between different threads on lounge access.

About to buy JFK-SFO in Transcontinental F for December. Will this get us into the new Chelsea lounge? We are both only BA Gold/OWE.

Have a longish stop over from another domestic, which I didn't mind when I thought it would be FFD.

Thanks,
C
Old Nov 21, 2022, 5:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by csdavidson
I am very confused between different threads on lounge access.

About to buy JFK-SFO in Transcontinental F for December. Will this get us into the new Chelsea lounge? We are both only BA Gold/OWE.

Have a longish stop over from another domestic, which I didn't mind when I thought it would be FFD.

Thanks,
C
I believe so, yes. On the basis of Transcon F, not OWE.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
No, it wouldn't.
I mean, it sounds like us EXP proles are going to have access to Soho when flying internationally, even in coach. Just saying it would be nice if they could extend that to "Flagship" transcon J tickets, which usually cost multiples of international Y fares.

Possible Soho is pretty small, though, if the only people who would access it are EXPs flying internationally and non-AA OWE.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 6:02 pm
Suspended

Just saying it would be nice if they could extend that to "Flagship" transcon J tickets
Let's hope not. Most of them are on upgrades or awards.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Let's hope not. Most of them are on upgrades or awards.
Can't imagine AA would still be running the A321T if they weren't actually selling the premium seats – economics would make no sense. At least in my experience, J is often almost full on LAX<>JFK well before upgrade windows. For example, most 11/28-11/29 LAX-JFK flights are J0 right now. If anything, based on some anecdotes on here, I'd guess that F on the transcons has a higher percentage of award/upgrade/non-rev than J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.