Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining to start reopening September 2021

Old May 2, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
No access at LAX in this case, the oneworld rules have that covered. From oneworld.com, bolding mine:
Was I let in to FL incorrectly then on a LAX-SFO on United and SFO-JFK Transcon in J back in 2019? I showed them my AA BP of course and was let in. Hey for a chance maybe I was wrongly let in not wrongly denied
Old May 2, 2022, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
No access at LAX in this case, the oneworld rules have that covered. From oneworld.com, bolding mine:
Makes sense. Thanks.

Not likely I'd end up in such a situation, but curious for academic interests
Old May 2, 2022, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by beachfan
Has anyone been able to get into the Flagship lounge in LAX after their 77W (with flagship service) downgraded to the 2class 777?

I figure its unlikely, but thought Id ask.
well, they said I was eligible and let me in.. Surprised but happy.
Antarius likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 11:08 pm

Just saw your post now but yes 772's are getting in no problem now, despite it being just 77W in the past. Hope you got B/E. I am so over sitting rearward facing the aisle or worse yet having a rocking seat... Despite the 59% of getting BE my last 3 have been Zodiac.
Old May 4, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Does anyone know the status of the Flagship Lounge at PHL? It was the old Admirals Club in the A-West concourse and was closed in 2019 for conversion to a Flagship Lounge. For obvious reason, it has remained shut down for the past several years, but is AA going to re-start the transformation, especially with international service restarted? Also, could be used by QATAR and BA (which has a small lounge there but this would be better for sure.
Old May 4, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
On a related issue: Some time ago, I posted (possibly on another thread) about denial of guest access to the LAX Flagship Lounge. I am EXP, and arrived at LAX on a transcontinental Flagship flight. My wife was meeting me at LAX, arriving on a regional flight. She was denied access as my guest. I contacted customer relations, quoting from website language indicating a transcontinental Flagship passenger was entitled to one guest (not for dining, just Flagship lounge). I also explained that I had regularly been allowed a guest under similar circumstances at the MIA Flagship lounge. There was an inconsistency not only in the practice at different airports, but also in the website language, as in one place it said no guest access, in another yes, guest access. Customer relations told me they would forward the matter to the appropriate department and get back to me. Today, weeks later, they did:

"As I mentioned, I did forward the information and they advised that ultimately you got in based on your status. As such, your wife should have been admitted. We have followed up with the Admirals Club so they will assist you correctly in the future."

Go figure.
Antarius likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Visited the ORD FL today. Nice to see that it is open again. PH champagne served at the front and the self serve bar. Made to order omelets available as well.

Only gripe (and largely shared across all FLs) is that the non breakfast meals are largely inedible for a vegetarian. Today, there was only a lentil salad and pureed sweet potato.
Old May 4, 2022, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
Only gripe (and largely shared across all FLs) is that the non breakfast meals are largely inedible for a vegetarian. Today, there was only a lentil salad and pureed sweet potato.
You might not be missing that much. On my recent visit in MIA, I tried most of the buffet items and the Curtido de Tomate salad (vegetarian, contains dairy) is the only thing Id bother eating again. Dont know your specific dietary requirements but if you dont eat dairy that rules out many of the best salads and soups so then, yes, youd really be in a pinch.
Antarius likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Been through the DFW FL a lot the last few months and have noticed the buffet options haven't changed. Luckily I like the burnt ends and Cajun turkey, but I seem to remember them changing more often pre-COVID? Just wondering if Im right or have a bad memory? Man its been getting busier too.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:17 pm

The 'butcher' in MIA Flagship Lounge - the guy cutting beef at a station - was so nice to shout at me and make such a fuss when I asked for some carrots that he serves with his beef. "You have to eat beef as well! This is a beef station! Go to the buffet if you don't want my beef!" Well, not everybody eats meat, sweetheart. And as the buffet is mostly for meat eaters as well, the carrots are my only option....
Old May 7, 2022, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
The 'butcher' in MIA Flagship Lounge - the guy cutting beef at a station - was so nice to shout at me and make such a fuss when I asked for some carrots that he serves with his beef. "You have to eat beef as well! This is a beef station! Go to the buffet if you don't want my beef!" Well, not everybody eats meat, sweetheart. And as the buffet is mostly for meat eaters as well, the carrots are my only option....
Wow. Occasionally I encounter these unidimensional nutjobs, but largely people are pretty accommodating. I'm a vegetarian as well, so same situation here - make do with what's around.
Travel-Quinten likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
Wow. Occasionally I encounter these unidimensional nutjobs, but largely people are pretty accommodating. I'm a vegetarian as well, so same situation here - make do with what's around.
Maybe he is married to miserable horrible rude pathetic gal checking BP's to get to premium check in at MIA. I've never encountered such a horrible person. I was trying to get her attention to ask where FFCI was and she was ignoring me, wouldnt look at me and was so rude and then I waited and waited and finally got her to look at me and i nicely asked why she ignored me and was so rude and she said "i dont answer questions, get out of my way, you're threatening me and i will call security if you dont leave". She and your Beef guy sound perfect for each other.
Antarius and Travel-Quinten like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 8:05 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Not sure how reliable this info is, but I was just talking to an AAdmirals club agent in PHL and asked about the Flagship lounge opening. She said they stopped construction some time ago and they have no date for when it will resume and/or when the lounge will open. They had initially hoped for more TA European flights this Summer, but several have not returned due to the widebody shortage. When I mentioned the signage in the airport promoting 'Coming Soon', she seemed surprised.

They are now serving 11 European destinations nonstop exPHL. If it was intended to open, I would have figured it would have coinsided with the ramp up of those Flagship service flights.

Glad I'm flying to Spain via JFK later this Summer. Not only was the ticket nearly 50% cheaper than going via PHL, the C inventory was available for me to use BXP3 and miles+copay confirmed upgrades for myself and companion on a 772. The icing on the cake is the JFK FL.
Old May 8, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Have gone through about 10 pages here after searching the thread but can't quite find an answer.

I'm set to fly JFK > LAX in FF, arriving at LAX for about 9am. Given I can't check-in to my hotel until 4pm - could I technically stay in FL/FFD until 2-3pm once I arrive? Is there technically a limit at all?

Thanks in advance,
Old May 8, 2022, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by jjLDNY
Have gone through about 10 pages here after searching the thread but can't quite find an answer.

I'm set to fly JFK > LAX in FF, arriving at LAX for about 9am. Given I can't check-in to my hotel until 4pm - could I technically stay in FL/FFD until 2-3pm once I arrive? Is there technically a limit at all?

Thanks in advance,
You absolutely can stay as long as you want but LAX FFD is Not open yet, if at all. So you will just be in the normal FL, which in my opinion is hands down the weakest of all the FL's. Its really nothing special at all. I would suggest use the shower (its the one great thing about LAX FL, the shower is HOT unlike any of the other FL's). But after a shower and quick bite you should go to Playa or Marina and kill some time and enjoy the views and lunch. Also, you may be able to get into your hotel early as long as its not sold out the night before.
jjLDNY likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.