June 2021 EQM/EQD Boosts

Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Got the offer, registered and with that will immediately hit EXP again. I'm assuming this promotion will be in lieu of a potential year end carry over into 2022. Is this targeted? Based upon my spending I would have hit EXP anyway by early August so it just moves the needle ahead a bit.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:26 am

Would the EQD and EQM from this promo count towards qualifying during a status challenge? I am freebie plat until 6/8 and am flying on 6/8. These bonuses would put me over the top to qualify for plat until next year.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wanderlust99
Would the EQD and EQM from this promo count towards qualifying during a status challenge? I am freebie plat until 6/8 and am flying on 6/8. These bonuses would put me over the top to qualify for plat until next year.
Unfortunately not, according to the terms:
Bonus elite-qualifying currency earned through this promotion does not apply to qualifying for elite status as part of a challenge or promotional offer or for AAdvantage® Million Miler℠ status
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by jcain
Unfortunately not, according to the terms:
knew that would be too good to be true. Thank you.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:19 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Anyone else having issues registering? The EQD boost went through fine and posted immediately, but every time I try registering for the EQM promotion, I get an error message that asks me to try again later.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: AA PPro
bonus help

Currently EXP but not gonna make, it A couple of flights on QR with their 20% EQM earning will for sure almost get me to Platinum. Can easily get to the Plat Pro EQD, but EQM will be tough.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:20 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
I'm sure there was a few dashboards ran on this and this method was the one that ended up retaining the folks they want to retain. I assume based on the dates that they intend to revisit it in August/September to see if further rebalancing is required.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:33 am

I could use some extra EQMs to make it to Platinum Pro - anyone know if the bonus EQMs would also apply to Jet Blue flights using my AA FF number? Also, would they apply to a purchased award ticket?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Posted for me within the hour.

Now I have 3900 EQD. Lol
jcatman likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:24 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by AndieNarwhal
I could use some extra EQMs to make it to Platinum Pro - anyone know if the bonus EQMs would also apply to Jet Blue flights using my AA FF number? Also, would they apply to a purchased award ticket?
From the T&C, it appears jetBlue would count:
  • "Flights marketed and operated by American Airlines and our elite qualifying partner airlines are eligible for this promotion"
AndieNarwhal and ranran like this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by enviroian
Not to get too off topic but I wouldn't buy a J ticket and use a SWU to get 2" more of leg room with zero other benefits of being in f vs J. Get your biggest bang for the buck and buy a Y ticket and use your SWU for J.
Only if the Y>J upgrade can be confirmed at time of booking. Sitting in Y all the way to GRU is a non-starter for some of us. Thus, an upgrade that is not confirmable at time of booking is no upgrade at all.

Not sure if I would burn an SWU to go from J to F on 77W as the 77W J is pretty sweet. But I do know that there's no way I would be willing to roll the dice on a Y>J upgrade actually clearing...

(And, as long as we are going OT, I will again say that upgrading J to F on the transcon A321T is an OUTSTANDING use of an SWU)

Edited to add - upon further review, I think the bigger question here is why someone who is able and willing to pay for international J or F cares about this silly promotion and the silly quest for status generally:
Originally Posted by anaggie
$3k EQD works great for me. It saves me from a buying a F ticket to GRU in the coming months to requalify. Now I can just buy a J ticket for $2400 and use SWUs to upgrade into F.
Why do you care about requalifying?

Last edited by Herb687; Jun 3, 2021 at 11:30 am Reason: add content
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Anyone know when it says "eligible segment" know if I have a one-way with a connection then it counts as 2 segments and 2,000 EQMs for an EXP?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Clear
Hooray, I just got

- 3,000 free EQD

- Registered for free 1,000 EQM Boosts

Now I am very close to hit Executive Platinum for 2022
Antarius likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by MiamiBill
Hooray, I just got

- 3,000 free EQD

- Registered for free 1,000 EQM Boosts

Now I am very close to hit Executive Platinum for 2022
And me as well— this is HUGE for me and likely the difference between EXP and PP for 2022. Combine this with SWU extended to next July and this has been an absolutely fantastic week for this AA loyalist...
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, DL Silver, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Avis PC
So I think that we know the answer to the question "Will there be fewer EPs next year" ... answer, "no." With a butt-in-seat spend of $6,000 after this incentive and the $3,000 Barclaycard EQD incentive, seems like for every one 2019 EP who falls short because of the absence of international business travel, there will be at least one 2019 person who got to Plat or PP on high domestic flying who is back to normal or who has been buying a lot of J and F for leisure.
Adelphos likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.