June 2021 EQM/EQD Boosts

Old Jun 3, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by econ
In theory, it could make sense to wait as long as possible to register for this one until I find myself on an waitlist close to departure in order to maximize the 12 month rolling EQD upgrade priority.

But could AA pull the promo before 8/31 if I wait too long?
That's certainly my plan. I don't have much AA travel planned for the next 2 months (and it's all already confirmed in F) - so I'm going to wait to maximize extending the rolling 12mo EQD for longer enhanced upgrade priority next year. Since I'm already at 12k EQD for 2021, I really don't see much benefit in selecting the promo EQDs early.

-FlyerBeek
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 6:08 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Nice move by AA in my opinion. I'm glad it's closer to United than Delta whereby it rewards people with status and serves as a way to extend rather than encourages new people to gain status.

As for me it means I'll requalify for EXP next month with just what I have booked. I can then spend the rest of the year shooting for 1K.
Antarius, HaleiwaFlyer and ranran like this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 6:14 am

Programs: AA - EXP
EQD doesn't feel hugely significant with CC waiver.

10k EQD max per segment better than nothing!

Still think I'll be cut loose into the dregs unfortunatly.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 6:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by mosfet
EQD doesn't feel hugely significant with CC waiver.
$30k CC waiver doesn't work for EXP. I've got a few EXP friends who have easily met the reduced 80k EQM threshold but are still well short of the $12k EQD requirement due to cheaper airfares and lack of international business travel. Some are still flying almost weekly and are nowhere close. This EQD promo will certainly help them.

-FlyerBeek
gary_nj and MasterPlanner like this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 6:43 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by CMK10
Nice move by AA in my opinion. I'm glad it's closer to United than Delta whereby it rewards people with status and serves as a way to extend rather than encourages new people to gain status.

As for me it means I'll requalify for EXP next month with just what I have booked. I can then spend the rest of the year shooting for 1K.
Well AA could have gained some of my business if they went the Delta method. I am well on the way to Platinum or maybe even Diamond status with them, would have taken the opportunity to earn Platinum with AA if they had a Delta like program.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL PL, HH Dia, Marriott Gld, National Exp
As a last minute domestic only EXP whose travel is still down a bit, I don't need EQD boost as will hit that or EQM boost as hard to hit that on 200-800 mile segments - an option for EQS boost would have been nice.

UPDATE: the EQD boost posted essentially immediately
Old Jun 3, 2021, 7:37 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
saw this on a blog and went to look. super nice got the 500 eqds which might sway me over to plat thisyear
Old Jun 3, 2021, 7:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage PPro, LT Gold
With this promo I should make EXP for the first time ever. My wife should make PPro but her challenge would be the EQM, I will wait till near the end of August to see if we should buy the 5000 EQMs for her.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
It's a nice touch and I'm glad to see AA do this. I was about to hit EXP anyway but this is nice EQD bonus. I was going to say it's good to put me higher up in the upgrade ranking by EQD but realize all things being equal it won't at all since every EXP on the list will also go up 3K EQD.
LINDEGR likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
$3k EQD works great for me. It saves me from a buying a F ticket to GRU in the coming months to requalify. Now I can just buy a J ticket for $2400 and use SWUs to upgrade into F.
ranran likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:13 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Registered last night.

$3.000 EQDs already posted to my account.

ranran likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Better than nothing I suppose...
Right? Certainly beats the whopping 40 free miles and the 20% FTD flowers discount I got earlier in the year for "Being a "valued" Aadvantage member" from their little give-away schtick. lol
miadukes likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
wow you guys are right, already posted and i have 4 segments this weekend so should have another 1k EQMs by next week, sweet!
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:33 am

Doesnt really move the needle for me. Nice gesture for sure!
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by anaggie
$3k EQD works great for me. It saves me from a buying a F ticket to GRU in the coming months to requalify. Now I can just buy a J ticket for $2400 and use SWUs to upgrade into F.
Not to get too off topic but I wouldn't buy a J ticket and use a SWU to get 2" more of leg room with zero other benefits of being in f vs J. Get your biggest bang for the buck and buy a Y ticket and use your SWU for J.
IAHtraveler likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.