Headphones needed? (CLT-HNL in business)

Old May 31, 2021, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Headphones needed? (CLT-HNL in business)

Iím flying CLT-HNL in business- do I need to bring headphones for the IFE? Or do they still supply the specialty headphones?
Old May 31, 2021, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wesbob
Iím flying CLT-HNL in business- do I need to bring headphones for the IFE? Or do they still supply the specialty headphones?
They should provide the Bang & Olfsen headphones
Old May 31, 2021, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
They should provide the Bang & Olfsen headphones
Should being the keyword there. Never a bad idea to bring a pair of cheap ones with you if you plan to use the IFE, just in case. Though Iíd imagine theyíd have the cheap ones on board for Y at the very least. I always keep a pair of EarPods in my bag just in case.
writerguyfl likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
That being said, they will collect the B&O headphones an hour before landing so it's never a bad idea to bring your own in case you want to continue enjoying the IFE thru arrival

-FlyerBeek
cmd320, Brandinho1 and nutwpinut like this.
Old May 31, 2021, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
That being said, they will collect the B&O headphones an hour before landing so it's never a bad idea to bring your own in case you want to continue enjoying the IFE thru arrival

-FlyerBeek
We only have Bluetooth headphones/ I assume thatís a no go with the ife unless itís on my own device?
Old May 31, 2021, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
We only have Bluetooth headphones/ I assume thatís a no go with the ife unless itís on my own device?
Correct. They *should* have cheap disposable wired headphones for you when they collect the B&Os - but that's not a guarantee.

-FlyerBeek
cmd320 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 5:41 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Just bring your own entertainment - you can watch exactly what you want through the entire flight and it won't be interrupted every time they use the PA.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I imagine you could plug a bluetooth transmitter into the headphone jack. I am happy my noise cancelling headphones allow wired connections and bluetooth
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
Just bring your own entertainment - you can watch exactly what you want through the entire flight and it won't be interrupted every time they use the PA.
i would much prefer not to have to hold it
writerguyfl likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton DMD, Hyatt Glob, Hertz PC
Big/nice screens too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.