Cancel one pax from PNR?

Old May 12, 21, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott/SPG Gold
Cancel one pax from PNR?

If I book a cash ticket for two pax on a single PNR, can I cancel one pax and keep the other in place? Donít want to lose the fare if my friend canít make it but also want to keep him on the same PNR as me to get my elite benefits.

Any difference if these are award tickets?

Thanks!
Old May 12, 21, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by HofstraJet View Post
If I book a cash ticket for two pax on a single PNR, can I cancel one pax and keep the other in place? Donít want to lose the fare if my friend canít make it but also want to keep him on the same PNR as me to get my elite benefits.

Thanks!
Shouldn't be a problem. They would split the PNR into two PNRs and then cancel your friend's ticket.
HofstraJet likes this.
Old May 13, 21, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by HofstraJet View Post

Thanks!
No difference. You can drop someone from a a paid or award ticket, without losing the your fare.
HofstraJet likes this.
Old May 13, 21, 6:04 am

Programs: AA Gold,
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
No difference. You can drop someone from a a paid or award ticket, without losing the your fare.
is there a way to do this on the website or does it require calling in? I'm in the same situation needing to cancel 2 people on a 5 person PNR. when I pull it up in my travel, there is a cancel button but I don't dare click on It, in fear of dumping the whole reservation! RT
Old May 13, 21, 6:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by roadtriper View Post
is there a way to do this on the website or does it require calling in? I'm in the same situation needing to cancel 2 people on a 5 person PNR. when I pull it up in my travel, there is a cancel button but I don't dare click on It, in fear of dumping the whole reservation! RT
You have to call..
HofstraJet, seawolf and roadtriper like this.
Old May 13, 21, 6:36 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, B6, WN
Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
You have to call..
Or chat via the app, recently seems much quicker than waiting for a phone agent.
HofstraJet and roadtriper like this.
Old May 13, 21, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott/SPG Gold
Thanks, everyone. I found it interesting that in all my travels this issue hasn't come up before. Guess I don't do leisure travel with that many flakey people (business travel we always book individually as changes frequently occur).
Old May 13, 21, 11:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold | HH Diamond
Did they use their advantage account? If so the flight credit should be obscurely hidden in their app wallet or email. And sometimes you will get their flight credit from the cancellation. Just make sure it went somewhere lol.
Old May 14, 21, 12:42 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott GLD; Hilton GLD; Free Agent (former AA PLT/US GLD)
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
Specifically, each passenger has their own ticket. One can be cancelled without cancelling the other, even if both are on the same PNR.
Old May 18, 21, 7:54 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA Plat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Related question: I have a trip booked for multiple passengers, where it looks like I may need to be the one that cancels (others do not have elite status). If I cancel, I assume the others can keep their tickets, but what happens to elite benefits (specifically I already selected MCE seats)?
Old May 18, 21, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH View Post
Related question: I have a trip booked for multiple passengers, where it looks like I may need to be the one that cancels (others do not have elite status). If I cancel, I assume the others can keep their tickets, but what happens to elite benefits (specifically I already selected MCE seats)?
They will keep their MCE seats as long as there aren't any schedule changes or anything else that would cause the computer to re-assign seats.
Mr. BoH likes this.
Old May 18, 21, 9:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold | HH Diamond
If they were really attached to an MCE seat and there is a schedule change, they could say they were in one on the original flight, and the agent will likely put them in an MCE.
Old May 18, 21, 11:38 am

DANGER DANGER DANGER. WILL ROBINSON..... YOU NEED TO CALL BUT AFTER YOU CALL BE ON A COMPUTER AND MAKE SURE THE TICKET YOU WANTED TO KEEP HAS NOT BEEN CANCELED BY THE CSR ACCIDENTLY BY REFRESHING A BROWSER OR LOG OUT AND BACK ONLINE. You will find threads where the wrong ticket or all ticketed were accidentally canceled.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: