FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Cancel one pax from PNR? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2040076-cancel-one-pax-pnr.html)

HofstraJet May 12, 2021 9:21 pm

Cancel one pax from PNR?

If I book a cash ticket for two pax on a single PNR, can I cancel one pax and keep the other in place? Don’t want to lose the fare if my friend can’t make it but also want to keep him on the same PNR as me to get my elite benefits.

Any difference if these are award tickets?

Thanks!

Always Flyin May 12, 2021 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by HofstraJet (Post 33247335)
If I book a cash ticket for two pax on a single PNR, can I cancel one pax and keep the other in place? Don’t want to lose the fare if my friend can’t make it but also want to keep him on the same PNR as me to get my elite benefits.

Thanks!

Shouldn't be a problem. They would split the PNR into two PNRs and then cancel your friend's ticket.

mvoight May 13, 2021 3:22 am

Originally Posted by HofstraJet (Post 33247335)

Thanks!

No difference. You can drop someone from a a paid or award ticket, without losing the your fare.

roadtriper May 13, 2021 6:04 am

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 33247706)
No difference. You can drop someone from a a paid or award ticket, without losing the your fare.

is there a way to do this on the website or does it require calling in? I'm in the same situation needing to cancel 2 people on a 5 person PNR. when I pull it up in my travel, there is a cancel button but I don't dare click on It, in fear of dumping the whole reservation! RT

JJeffrey May 13, 2021 6:11 am

Originally Posted by roadtriper (Post 33247918)
is there a way to do this on the website or does it require calling in? I'm in the same situation needing to cancel 2 people on a 5 person PNR. when I pull it up in my travel, there is a cancel button but I don't dare click on It, in fear of dumping the whole reservation! RT

You have to call..

bourbonbum May 13, 2021 6:36 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey (Post 33247928)
You have to call..

Or chat via the app, recently seems much quicker than waiting for a phone agent.

HofstraJet May 13, 2021 7:22 am

Thanks, everyone. I found it interesting that in all my travels this issue hasn't come up before. Guess I don't do leisure travel with that many flakey people (business travel we always book individually as changes frequently occur).

AAdamE May 13, 2021 11:15 pm

Did they use their advantage account? If so the flight credit should be obscurely hidden in their app wallet or email. And sometimes you will get their flight credit from the cancellation. Just make sure it went somewhere lol.

Beltway2A May 14, 2021 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight (Post 33247706)

Specifically, each passenger has their own ticket. One can be cancelled without cancelling the other, even if both are on the same PNR.

Mr. BoH May 18, 2021 7:54 am

Related question: I have a trip booked for multiple passengers, where it looks like I may need to be the one that cancels (others do not have elite status). If I cancel, I assume the others can keep their tickets, but what happens to elite benefits (specifically I already selected MCE seats)?

JJeffrey May 18, 2021 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Mr. BoH (Post 33260518)
Related question: I have a trip booked for multiple passengers, where it looks like I may need to be the one that cancels (others do not have elite status). If I cancel, I assume the others can keep their tickets, but what happens to elite benefits (specifically I already selected MCE seats)?

They will keep their MCE seats as long as there aren't any schedule changes or anything else that would cause the computer to re-assign seats.

AAdamE May 18, 2021 9:54 am

If they were really attached to an MCE seat and there is a schedule change, they could say they were in one on the original flight, and the agent will likely put them in an MCE.

Centurion May 18, 2021 11:38 am

DANGER DANGER DANGER. WILL ROBINSON..... YOU NEED TO CALL BUT AFTER YOU CALL BE ON A COMPUTER AND MAKE SURE THE TICKET YOU WANTED TO KEEP HAS NOT BEEN CANCELED BY THE CSR ACCIDENTLY BY REFRESHING A BROWSER OR LOG OUT AND BACK ONLINE. You will find threads where the wrong ticket or all ticketed were accidentally canceled.

Sandy Hopper Aug 9, 2023 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 33261118)
MAKE SURE THE TICKET YOU WANTED TO KEEP HAS NOT BEEN CANCELED BY THE CSR ACCIDENTLY BY REFRESHING A BROWSER OR LOG OUT AND BACK ONLINE. You will find threads where the wrong ticket or all ticketed were accidentally canceled.

Just happened to me, too.
"That was too fast." said the agent. :eek:
She did manage to reinstate the booking in the end.
Simply be aware this might happen.