Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2021+)

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2021+)

Old Mar 1, 22, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
AS posts to AA every Tuesday night into Weds. So you should see it tonight - assuming the new update/interface doesn't mess with it.
I concur, sometime between 11 pm - 3 am, though I can't remember anymore if its the Tues/Weds border or the Weds/Thurs border... One additional note: Only flights taken Monday night or sooner will post by Wednesday. Tuesday and Wednesday flights must wait until the following Wednesday. But yea... this is a special week so delays/anything could happen.
Old Mar 4, 22, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I just made it by 7pm on 2/28...

Long time PlAAt & PP, have never cracked the EXP barrier until now.

Off to update my avatar... lol
Carolina2Cali and SFflyer20 like this.
Old Mar 11, 22, 1:29 am

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond
My AS miles posted on Wednesday after a flight on Monday.

My spend to earn the $3k EQD posted today, the 10th, with a statement closing date of the 5th. Took about a month as I reached the requirement on Feb. 5th.

On my last flight, AA snapped my old style Executive Platinum luggage tags in half on the belt so I’m glad I’ll be receiving new ones. After a hiatus from Executive Platinum, it’s nice to be back!

Last edited by EXPLAT; Mar 11, 22 at 2:10 am
Old Mar 31, 22, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anybody recently qualified for EXP by crossing the 200K LP threshold and have not received any "Welcome to EXP" email? I never received an email but noticed the counter in my account updated to Executive Platinum.

I crossed 200K LP about 2 weeks ago and have flown a number of flights since then, all of them in paid F so upgrades didn't matter.

These were all flights I purchased when I was Plat Pro and on one of my boarding passes I noticed it still said Plat Pro instead of EXP. The AAngel in the AC fixed it by removing my Advantage # and then adding it back for that particular flight so I made her do it for my future flights (one of which is coming up on Sunday morning IAD-SAV).

The upgrade for that hasn't cleared yet (I know it's not guaranteed at 100 hrs) but I was wondering if somehow the system still sees me as Plat Pro for this flight and in terms of the 72 hr upgrade window? My account shows EXP everywhere but my not receiving any email stating such makes me wonder.
Old Apr 6, 22, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by ceebee100 View Post
Anybody recently qualified for EXP by crossing the 200K LP threshold and have not received any "Welcome to EXP" email? I never received an email but noticed the counter in my account updated to Executive Platinum.

I crossed 200K LP about 2 weeks ago and have flown a number of flights since then, all of them in paid F so upgrades didn't matter.

These were all flights I purchased when I was Plat Pro and on one of my boarding passes I noticed it still said Plat Pro instead of EXP. The AAngel in the AC fixed it by removing my Advantage # and then adding it back for that particular flight so I made her do it for my future flights (one of which is coming up on Sunday morning IAD-SAV).

The upgrade for that hasn't cleared yet (I know it's not guaranteed at 100 hrs) but I was wondering if somehow the system still sees me as Plat Pro for this flight and in terms of the 72 hr upgrade window? My account shows EXP everywhere but my not receiving any email stating such makes me wonder.

I requalified for EXP with LP but cannot comment on your issue since I had EXP status from last year. I will say that it seems like they have some bugs to work out with their website/app. My miles do not update nearly as fast as they use to and my total award miles on the app home page do not update at all. I have to go into "my activity" to see the current numbers. Hopefully they get it ironed out quickly.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Apr 6, 22, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by V_loci_T View Post
I requalified for EXP with LP but cannot comment on your issue since I had EXP status from last year. I will say that it seems like they have some bugs to work out with their website/app. My miles do not update nearly as fast as they use to and my total award miles on the app home page do not update at all. I have to go into "my activity" to see the current numbers. Hopefully they get it ironed out quickly.
It's a pain, but you can log out and log back into the app to refresh miles balance.
V_loci_T likes this.
Old May 5, 22, 8:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Made EXP under the new program, after years of PLT status. Woohoo!

Any recent DP's on how quickly the "New EXP" customer service packet gets mailed out? With the hard card and baggage tags?
Hoping to get the elite hard card for an upcoming trip where I don't think a card in my iPhone wallet will suffice.
MorganB likes this.
Old May 5, 22, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jtav559 View Post

Any recent DP's on how quickly the "New EXP" customer service packet gets mailed out? With the hard card and baggage tags?
Hoping to get the elite hard card for an upcoming trip where I don't think a card in my iPhone wallet will suffice.
It took about 5 weeks when I hit EXP in January to get mine. I think 4-6 weeks is probably the standard time frame.
ceebee100 and jtav559 like this.
Old Jun 11, 22, 9:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime

Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
It took about 5 weeks when I hit EXP in January to get mine. I think 4-6 weeks is probably the standard time frame.

Following up on my experience.

Hit EXP 5/6/22, new EXP welcome kit arrived 6/8/22.
Interestingly enough, the PPro kit arrived the same day (that status was achieved on 4/6/22).
Drwaz99 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 22, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
Following up on my experience.

Hit EXP 5/6/22, new EXP welcome kit arrived 6/8/22.
Interestingly enough, the PPro kit arrived the same day (that status was achieved on 4/6/22).
Haha I think Ill be on the same boat as you, hit PlatPro earlier this year and have not received anything, just hit Ex Plat today. Well see if anything shows up in 4-6 weeks I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

So when is free food coming back to Y? The Upgrades seem impossible lately even as Ex Plat.
Old Jun 12, 22, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by LuizMiranda View Post
So when is free food coming back to Y? The Upgrades seem impossible lately even as Ex Plat.
Depends where and when you fly. I'm 80% on upgrades this year and was 100% last year.
LuizMiranda and HaleiwaFlyer like this.
Old Jun 13, 22, 6:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by LuizMiranda View Post
The Upgrades seem impossible lately even as Ex Plat.
Youre competing against those of us who never stopped traveling during the pandemic
onanisland and ryanbriar like this.
Old Jun 13, 22, 8:51 am

Programs: Frontier 100k; AA ExPlat; LATAM Black; *A Gold ; SkyTeam Elite+
Celebrated being an EXP with a trip, one stop each way. Got upgraded on the first leg for each way with a +1.

Due to delays and having to change flights, ended up not clearing on none of the 4 new legs (one of the flights, to be fair, I was on standby so no expectations there).

So my success rate as an EXP so far 0%

Success rate as a Plat 100%
Old Jun 14, 22, 10:35 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground View Post
Youre competing against those of us who never stopped traveling during the pandemic
Haha I actually never did stop flying for the most part either. I miss those $39 fares and upgrades. But today, J seems to always be sold out a week+ out, and I see a bunch of Ex Plats in MCE regularly, which is weird.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 22, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground View Post
The rollover of EQDs for that long period of time then conversion to LPs has definitely helped for upgrades on my end. Ive only missed two since January 2020 (where I havent bought up) across ~130 segments, likely due to the high Covid spend. It was too bad they didnt actually convert the EQDs to LPs for purposes of qualifying.

Should re-qualify at the end of next week. Have about a 30k LP boost from CC spend, but largely all flying / should be the trend for 2H 22.

Search this Thread