Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2021+)

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2021+)

Old Dec 25, 21, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
Is the $2000 EQD in Sep-Dec option to maintain my EP status still valid? I am sitting at 1473 EQD in this period. I will revert back to Plat without it.

Now I can buy domestic F for all flts > 90 mns in my new job, was wondering what would be the incremental value of EP? With all the relaxations on change fees, its hard to keep track of what is the true benefit of EP when it comes to having travel flexibility.
Old Jan 17, 22, 6:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, LT Gold
Made it for the first time:

EQD: 12,197
EQM: 103,816
EQS: 54
Old Jan 17, 22, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Reima View Post
Made it for the first time:

EQD: 12,197
EQM: 103,816
EQS: 54
Congratulations! Now you need to change your profile.
Old Jan 17, 22, 6:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by vasantn View Post
Congratulations! Now you need to change your profile.
Done.
Old Jan 21, 22, 11:36 am

3rd consecutive year as ExPlat. <19k total lifetime miles flown on AA. Never credited a partner flight to AA.

First I got free status for being Hyatt Globalist. Then my status got extended by a year because of covid. And last year I spent 15k on an AA card to keep my status for another year.

But I recently moved to PHX where my choices are basically AA or WN so I'll finally be using that status and earning it for next year.
SFflyer20 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 22, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Doing an EQD run today that will tip me over the dollar amount for EXP. Should be right around 100k EQM and 51 segments, all paid domestic F by EOD today. Will hit 120k+ EQM by the end of February for the extra elite benefit.

Edit: on my last segment and about as close as you can get without hitting it (final domestic F segment in progress so I will go over).
Carolina2Cali likes this.

Last edited by Drwaz99; Jan 21, 22 at 7:56 pm
Old Feb 23, 22, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP.
1st time ever hitting EXP! Did my life change this morning when I got the email? No lol Did I think it was going to? Yes lol. Is this the last year I'll be making it a goal/priority to hit status? Yes.

Last edited by Amil; Feb 23, 22 at 11:16 am
Old Feb 27, 22, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
I achieved EXP via promo several months ago, but I finally earned with EQM/EQD this week with last minute trips to MIA and MSY.

Amil and FLL88 like this.

Last edited by Beachfun71; Feb 27, 22 at 5:55 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Feb 28, 22, 11:33 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
I did it! First time ever!! 24 hours to spare. I legitimately just looked up all the partners to see if there's any sensible option to earning 14k EQM today, but no, there really isn't... I'd need to do a 3x fare and fly to the Northeast and back, and that isn't going to be cheaper than the value of two more upgrades. But yay! I know no one cares but... wow what a journey, and thanks for everyone's help. Flying AS, AA Vacations, etc... the tricks definitely helped!
Amil likes this.
Old Feb 28, 22, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali View Post
I did it! First time ever!! 24 hours to spare. I legitimately just looked up all the partners to see if there's any sensible option to earning 14k EQM today, but no, there really isn't... I'd need to do a 3x fare and fly to the Northeast and back, and that isn't going to be cheaper than the value of two more upgrades. But yay! I know no one cares but... wow what a journey, and thanks for everyone's help. Flying AS, AA Vacations, etc... the tricks definitely helped!
Now you just need to update your profile!
Carolina2Cali likes this.
Old Feb 28, 22, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
I hit the organic EQD amounts last week. I'll update the original threshold numbers upthread. Glad they extended the qualification period these extra two months in 2022.

Four more SWUs in addition to the Platpro SWU was also nice. I somehow thought we would only get three more.
Old Feb 28, 22, 1:44 pm
Suspended

EXP here, 121k EQM and 13k+ EQD in 2021...I was just #10 on the UG list on a PBI-CLT flight, seemed very odd for a leisure route to be so elite heavy, I don't think i've ever been that low on the list before.
Old Mar 1, 22, 1:01 am

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by 747-800i View Post
EXP here, 121k EQM and 13k+ EQD in 2021...I was just #10 on the UG list on a PBI-CLT flight, seemed very odd for a leisure route to be so elite heavy, I don't think i've ever been that low on the list before.
I got my LAX-JFK upgrade on a full flight for tmw about 80 hours before it felt nice to be ahead on a route that almost never sees upgrades below plat pro
Old Mar 1, 22, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond
Anyone know how long it takes for a partner airline Alaska EQD to post after the trip is completed? Especially now that there is no more EQD tracking? Same goes for $3k bonus EQD for Barclay Business Advantage spend in Jan/Feb. Once these post, I’ll be there.
Old Mar 1, 22, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by EXPLAT View Post
Anyone know how long it takes for a partner airline Alaska EQD to post after the trip is completed? Especially now that there is no more EQD tracking? Same goes for $3k bonus EQD for Barclay Business Advantage spend in Jan/Feb. Once these post, Ill be there.
AS posts to AA every Tuesday night into Weds. So you should see it tonight - assuming the new update/interface doesn't mess with it.
EXPLAT likes this.

Search this Thread