Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2021+)

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2021+)

Old Sep 28, 21, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by ramcm7 View Post
Look at some of the other threads. Folks hitting the requal via $15K AA card spend are seeing that they have met the requirement on the tracker, but not seeing the date extended. I assume that you did hit the PPro 2021 qualification, so you get the prize choice associated with that. If you requal for EXP based on 2021 levels, you'll get the EXP prize choices. If you requal via the $2K EQD or $15K AA card spend, you get EXP extended, but no prize choice.
Ok, thanks, yes I did hit PPro an I got the email to pick my prize. I didn't realize I don't get the EXP prize level. I see now that the tracker show I requal for EXP on $2000 EQD. My expiration on EXP though still shows 2022, I guess I'll wait and see if it is updated to 2023 later. And yes I do see I should have posted to another thread. Thank you
Old Oct 11, 21, 2:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Missed this. Can't remember when I hit EXP this year but currently at 150,550 / 22 segments. One more long haul J return to go this year...
robertablake likes this.
Old Nov 16, 21, 5:50 am

Programs: AA Exp, Admirals Club
Made it for the first time ever! Anything in particular I should know?
Antarius and robertablake like this.
Old Nov 16, 21, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EP
Requalified for EXP via the credit card spend and got the bonus when I hit Ppro for miles or discount flight or SWU (which I'll take). This will be the last year because without the 3k EQD bonus this year, I would not have been close.
Old Nov 16, 21, 7:57 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
oops forgot about this thread... made it about a month ago... used the 2k thing...one trip.. probably could have done it with travel
but .. pushed all my travel for next year...
Old Nov 20, 21, 9:02 pm
uxb

Programs: AC (75K), AS (MVPG), BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (EXP/1,82MM), WN
I just qualified for EXP thanks to the cheap J fares I got on AA between JFK-GRU and JFK-LHR, as well as the really cheap I fares on Alaska between BWI and PDX. I now sit on 125902 EQM with a spend of $12123, but I went from 9000 to 12000 thanks to the $900 I spent with AS. I just don't know how I will redeem any of my choice rewards.
Old Nov 20, 21, 10:06 pm

Programs: EXP Aadvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by onanisland View Post
my 2 cents worth... enjoy it whilst you can! Unless you are a credit card whale, requalifying next year is going to be a .....! Speaking as someone who also qualified as EXP for the first time ever this September who was still basking in the glow when the new program was announced. I’m now off to BAEC.
onanisland and Antarius like this.

Last edited by Reetmafreen; Nov 20, 21 at 10:08 pm Reason: Apparently B-!-T-C-H is a censored word on FT! Who knew?
Old Nov 21, 21, 8:58 am

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by onanisland View Post

Put the card in your phone wallet, and snap a pic. The primary benefit to me is intl lounge access. At times being able to show the card, even digitally, has been a great help.
onanisland likes this.
Old Nov 21, 21, 10:36 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Recently re-qual'd via AA Retention EQD. About one month after that, I received 2 luggage tags and one card (EXP & mention 1MM).
robertablake likes this.
Old Nov 21, 21, 12:50 pm

Not sure if this goes in EXP thread or AA upgrade thread!

Flew with a +1 who is Gold, me EXP. Same PNR. Usually book straight into business/first if flying +1 on vacation but ORD-CUN on Thanksgiving week was $6000 (lol) so booked in coach. Watched EF for months and never saw more than 0/1 seat up front open and immediately fill.

Day of departure saw the upgrade list: I was 1, she was 3. Someone was 2 and same last name was 4.

4 hours from boarding 2 seats opened up so 1 and 3 (us) got the upgrade (her with 3 500 milers) but I did mention at the Admirals Club we were willing to split seats if available.

Is this normal for 2 on the same PNR to be split on an upgrade list? I have no idea what to assume other than #2 was maybe lower than me on EXP or another status and their #4 was lower Gold than my #2?

Long term doesnt matter as I always book into higher cabin if prices arent crazy. But its nice to see EXP got me a ~$6000 free upgrade this trip.
onanisland likes this.
Old Nov 23, 21, 10:29 am

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
One of the choice benefits for EXP is 10k EQM, but we know that is going away in 2022. If you redeem this option in 2022, does it map/qualify to those new AA point system?
Old Nov 23, 21, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, MB LTTE/A HH DIA, DL
Requalified by spending 15K on AA branded CC's, otherwise I would have dropped to PP. I'm guessing this will be my last year of EXP as most of my flights during the second half of this year have been on Delta.
Old Nov 23, 21, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Hawaii trip put me over both PPro and EXP

I recently traveled to KOA with my family to celebrate my birthday.... lots of fun, snorkeling, volcano, hiking, hanging on beach etc.
That trip put me over to PPro the hard way, and I hit exactly 2000 EQD during to promo period to keep my EXP status for another year. I've still got almost $5K to go to get the extra SWUs though (1 SWU already selected for PPro benefit). One long haul on BA in biz should do it, we'll see.

But I'm really upset by the 30 segments requirement for Loyalty Awards next year. Even though I've been EXP for 14 out of the past 16 years, I've never flown 30 segments in a year, as the majority of my AA/BA travel has been long haul to Europe, NZ or Africa.
Old Dec 6, 21, 1:22 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
What's everyone's general strategy for picking their Choice Awards? Passed the 120k threshold, but with Europe/Asia/Oz regressing in terms of access, my current SWUs seem less useful, other than gifting to friends. Just not seeing much more value in other options, especially with the uncertainty of international travel outside of summer months, were I assume C/A space will be sparse.
Old Dec 6, 21, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by safari ari View Post
What's everyone's general strategy for picking their Choice Awards? Passed the 120k threshold, but with Europe/Asia/Oz regressing in terms of access, my current SWUs seem less useful, other than gifting to friends. Just not seeing much more value in other options, especially with the uncertainty of international travel outside of summer months, were I assume C/A space will be sparse.
My strategy: Create EF alert for open C space that I want. When the alert comes through, select my SWU award then immediately call AA and apply the upgrade.

Search this Thread