Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2021+)

Just made EXP / Executive Platinum! Resources, ask questions, brag (2021+)

Old Sep 15, 21, 9:55 am

Programs: EXP Aadvantage, but defected to BAEC
Miles from my Sunday TATL posted to my account this morning, so for the first time ever, I made EXP.

Currently sitting at 12.8K EQD, 86K EQM and 15 segments. (Actual spend including taxes and fees was ~$8K)

All my travel was for leisure. (I have not had a business trip since the middle of 2019.) 3 RT TATL (2 in J and 1 in F) all booked on BA metal and a weekend jaunt to HNL on AS did the trick for me. That said, without the Q4 2020 rollover and the $1500 EQD boost mid year, I would not have made it. This is going to be a one and done experience for me

Thankfully, with the move to EQD, the 4 AA flight requirement was dropped, or I would have been in trouble. That said, with BA continually canning the SAN route, I have actually ended up on AA metal for 4 of those 15 segments after re-routing)
apeortdz and robertablake like this.
Old Sep 15, 21, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT GOLD, Marriott Titanium
Made it on August 10th

12.8k EQD with the 3k from AA
99554 EQMS

4 J flights to brazil with one flight earning only 1.2k EQD 😉
robertablake likes this.
Old Sep 23, 21, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
Hot damn! Qualified EP yesterday for the 1st time ever.
CLT based, all domestic business. 14,100 EQD (no credit card) and 80,400 EQM over 90 segments.
I don't have any Atlantic / Pacific travel on the horizon so I've got to figure a good way to leverage the 2 'gifts'.
Old Sep 26, 21, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I requalified on July 8, 2021 on a RDU-DCA flight. I still have a lot of AA travel to go so I'm enjoying the EQM thresholds. Current numbers:

EQD: $15,639
EQM: 140,267
EQS: 121
MM: 1,472,216
Eyenigma and robertablake like this.
Old Sep 26, 21, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA CK, AC SE100K, BA Silver, accidental DL FO, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, AmEx PLT
Originally Posted by joeyE View Post
Hot damn! Qualified EP yesterday for the 1st time ever.
CLT based, all domestic business. 14,100 EQD (no credit card) and 80,400 EQM over 90 segments.
I don't have any Atlantic / Pacific travel on the horizon so I've got to figure a good way to leverage the 2 'gifts'.
Id strongly consider taking the miles over the SWUs for your gift currently, but that calculus may change by next year if more INTL travel returns (along with more capacity for SWU use).
Old Sep 26, 21, 11:06 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by metallo View Post
Id strongly consider taking the miles over the SWUs for your gift currently, but that calculus may change by next year if more INTL travel returns (along with more capacity for SWU use).
I agree, however, I haven't selected any (incl PPro) of mine because I'm waiting to see if I will be traveling internationally next year, and what that may look like.
Old Sep 27, 21, 12:31 am

Made it on Sept 26 via Challenge! 4k eqd 28k eqm. I'm guessing if you made EXP via challenge you don't receive rewards? (swu/etc)
Old Sep 27, 21, 12:38 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Boostedtaco View Post
Made it on Sept 26 via Challenge! 4k eqd 28k eqm. I'm guessing if you made EXP via challenge you don't receive rewards? (swu/etc)
I'm not aware of any status challenge that gives the elite choice rewards.
Old Sep 27, 21, 8:02 am

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; AZ: Premium; JX: Insighter; NH: Plat; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Just hit EXP last evening for the first time. When I targeted attaining AA status in 3Q19, I expected Platinum would be what I could attain. Never had any airline status previously. Applied for Aviator Red in 10/2019; upgraded to Silver 1/2020. Started 1/2020 with a Platinum Challenge offer from AA. Hit it by 3/1/2020. Then the world shut down. Flew some in 4Q20 and hit Plat Pro by 12/31/2020 on the reduced 2020 targets. This included 10,000 EQM and 3,000 EQD for Aviator Silver. 4Q20 activity started me at Gold level in 2021 on the 2021 target levels; hit Platinum level in June 2021; requalified at Plat Pro in August; and hit Ex Plat last night. Also included 10,000 EQM and 3,000 EQD from Aviator Silver, and 1,500 EQD AA giveaway in early June for being a Plat Pro. With normal qualifications, I'd be a Platinum, pushing for Plat Pro right now. Happy to hit Ex Plat with what's in place today. Now that I've made the club, is someone going to show me the secret handshake?
S80 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 21, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by S80 View Post
drats. i figured so. oh whale.
Old Sep 27, 21, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Boostedtaco View Post
Yep. Completed the same challenge on September 8. No Elite Choice Rewards.

Originally Posted by S80 View Post
Correct.
Old Sep 27, 21, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
I just re-qualified with credit card spend. Hopefully my flying will pick up soon. I generally qualify because of long haul which I'm not doing right now.
Old Sep 27, 21, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Wanted to mention that when flying LAX-LAS last night, the FA said to me "Thank you for being Executive Platinum, we really appreciate it." I was in 1D so I have no idea if she made the same comment to anyone sitting behind me.

Also, for those who care, they did a beverage service in F on the 38 minute puddle-hop. Nothing in Y, but that's par for the course on this route. Even pre-COVID it was usually just "Water or Orange Juice."
Old Sep 28, 21, 1:06 pm

Hmmm. I was trying to requalify using the promotion they have going to retain current elite status :
Fly on American or one of our partner airlines
Fly and earn $2,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) on eligible airline tickets flown between September 1 – December 31, 2021, and you’ll retain the elite status you held on January 1, 2021.

Just finished a trip (Sep 22-25) that meets the $2000 EQD, I see it posted to my account. However I received email from AA that shows me at Platinum Pro instead of EXP that I am currently at:

Congratulations!
You have 1 Platinum Pro reward in your American Airlines AAdvantage account.

Will my EXP status show up in a few days ?????
Old Sep 28, 21, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA: Exec Plat; AC: 75K; AZ: Premium; JX: Insighter; NH: Plat; HH: Dia; Bonvoy: Gold; Wyndham: Dia
Originally Posted by CountDown View Post
Hmmm. I was trying to requalify using the promotion they have going to retain current elite status :
Fly on American or one of our partner airlines
Fly and earn $2,000 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) on eligible airline tickets flown between September 1 December 31, 2021, and youll retain the elite status you held on January 1, 2021.

Just finished a trip (Sep 22-25) that meets the $2000 EQD, I see it posted to my account. However I received email from AA that shows me at Platinum Pro instead of EXP that I am currently at:

Congratulations!
You have 1 Platinum Pro reward in your American Airlines AAdvantage account.

Will my EXP status show up in a few days ?????
Look at some of the other threads. Folks hitting the requal via $15K AA card spend are seeing that they have met the requirement on the tracker, but not seeing the date extended. I assume that you did hit the PPro 2021 qualification, so you get the prize choice associated with that. If you requal for EXP based on 2021 levels, you'll get the EXP prize choices. If you requal via the $2K EQD or $15K AA card spend, you get EXP extended, but no prize choice.

Search this Thread