Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who misses the freshly baked AA cookies

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Sadly I don’t think we’ll ever see any of these things again.
Old May 11, 2021, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Not the cookie but Dollar General, of all places, has a bag of nuts for $1.25 that while not warm rivals the nut mix AA used to have in F/J. I take them along to add to my sandwich.

Now my advise if you go to Dollar General go there as soon as the place opens. If you go in there during the afternoon or evening it might be a 45 minute check out. Always some 90 year old with coupons galore that argues with the cashier over the price of every item.
Old May 11, 2021, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
that while not warm
jhalapin and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old May 11, 2021, 11:07 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, AA Platinum
I love snickerdoodle, and they said they would take it away and only put chocolate cookies, I was ticked. Now covid happened, and hope they changed their mind lol
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by TheHighFlyer123
I love snickerdoodle, and they said they would take it away and only put chocolate cookies, I was ticked. Now covid happened, and hope they changed their mind lol
Even as a kid, I never understood why chocolate chip was the default setting for cookies. They're fine, but there are better cookies out there.

I quite liked the red, white, and blue cookies that were an option back when I first started flying for work, and then later the snickerdoodles.

Luckily the AC usually has (had?) oatmeal raisin.
jhalapin likes this.

Last edited by GrumpyYoungMan; May 12, 2021 at 4:01 am
Old May 11, 2021, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by GrumpyYoungMan
Luckily the AC usually has (had?) oatmeal raisin.
I’ve still seen the oatmeal raisin in a few of the ACs over last month or so.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 3:44 pm

Weren't they Otis Spunkmeyer cookies? It was quite the Pavlovian experience flying transcon on those 757's. Seated on those grey couch-like seats, I always knew we were about an hour away once I smelled them in the oven.

Also some said there were biscuits in the morning. I didn't take the red eye much but recall getting woken up with a blueberry muffin.
Old May 12, 2021, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by enviroian
I forgot they served them too. I miss the warmed nuts in a ramekin the most. That awesome smell that would waft through the cabin as the oven warmed them up. Then when the flight attendant would remove them you could see the waft of steam come off each of the nicely lined up ramekins on the baking sheet.
This is the correct answer. Those warm nuts were the best,,,,
Old May 12, 2021, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
I actually use to Despise the Baked On Board Chocolate Chip Cookies! "Back in the Day" when they were baking cookies on board, I was always on the other side of the Curtain! Cookie Torture! RT
Old May 12, 2021, 5:33 pm

Programs: ConciergeKey 4MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
They really beat the cookies to death. A little variety would be nice, instead of the same thing over, and over, and over, again. Total lack of imagination and innovation. I don’t miss them.
Old May 13, 2021, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by roadtriper
I actually use to Despise the Baked On Board Chocolate Chip Cookies! "Back in the Day" when they were baking cookies on board, I was always on the other side of the Curtain! Cookie Torture! RT
Yep, remembering the times I was sitting close to FC, but wasn't upgraded. Pretty tough to be sitting close and seeing them handed out
Old May 13, 2021, 6:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by OWdevotee
They really beat the cookies to death. A little variety would be nice, instead of the same thing over, and over, and over, again. Total lack of imagination and innovation. I don’t miss them.
Oh the problems we had in 2019! Please take me back there. Too little cookie variation and too few ice cream sundae flavors!

-FlyerBeek
Old May 13, 2021, 12:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
One time my J seat in a 787 wouldn't recline and they have me 2 bottles of wine and a whole container of the cookies (in addition to miles) as a sorry. I ate like 4 before I could get to my Uber.
Old May 16, 2021, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by MiamiBill
The thing I really miss with flying AA FC is the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and even the snickerdoodle ones
If by "freshly baked" you mean freshly microwaved / reheated? You don't really think they were cooking raw cookie dough in FC... do you?
Old May 16, 2021, 4:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by Eyenigma
You don't really think they were cooking raw cookie dough in FC... do you?
Well, they certainly used to bake cookies from cookie dough in F until the merger. So it's not such a far fetched idea.

-FlyerBeek

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.