Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2020, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Any word on changes to LAX with our new "temporary" restrictions around bars again? Id think since they sell a good amount of food the AC would be exempt but who knows
Old Jul 4, 2020, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It seems like in some clubs, you go to the bar and pick up drinks while in others, servers bring them to you. Is that accurate?
PHL they offer to bring you coffee and soda, but ask that you go to the bar for alcohol. Bar offerings were normal, credit cards accepted normally. Drinks served in plastic cups though.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
PHL they offer to bring you coffee and soda, but ask that you go to the bar for alcohol. Bar offerings were normal, credit cards accepted normally. Drinks served in plastic cups though.
Thanks! So customers cannot approach the coffee station at all, right? I ask because sometimes I just want a few splashes of coffee in my cup to stay hot and keep refilling it as needed. Might be annoying for the server to keep coming over to check, but I guess that's the world we live in now.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Thanks! So customers cannot approach the coffee station at all, right? I ask because sometimes I just want a few splashes of coffee in my cup to stay hot and keep refilling it as needed. Might be annoying for the server to keep coming over to check, but I guess that's the world we live in now.
Correct. There is no self serve coffee station in operation anymore.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 12:21 pm

Programs: JMB, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Are restrooms and showers available at the reopened lounges?
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lokisnake
Not at DFW Terminal A today
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by lokisnake
Restrooms yes, not sure about showers.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 7:00 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
DFW A now has grab and go oranges and bananas in bowls by the bar and elsewhere. There is no hand sanitizer by the fruit so be careful as others may have contaminated it.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
There is no hand sanitizer by the fruit so be careful as others may have contaminated it.
Coronavirus is not a food-borne illness. Unless you’re putting an unpeeled banana up your nose, you have very little to worry about.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 3:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Coronavirus is not a food-borne illness. Unless you’re putting an unpeeled banana up your nose, you have very little to worry about.

I would be worried about any contaminants transferred to your hand(s) that will remain there long after the banana is eaten. Don't forget to wash your hands, otherwise a sudden itchy nose or a rub of an eye is all it takes. Most lounges I have been in wrap the fresh fruit, however even wrapped fresh fruit isn't risk free. Low risk, yes! Risk free, no!

James
Old Jul 7, 2020, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I would be worried about any contaminants transferred to your hand(s) that will remain there long after the banana is eaten. Don't forget to wash your hands, otherwise a sudden itchy nose or a rub of an eye is all it takes. Most lounges I have been in wrap the fresh fruit, however even wrapped fresh fruit isn't risk free. Low risk, yes! Risk free, no!
Wrapped fruit is exactly as risky (i.e., near zero) as unwrapped fruit, because presumably the same hands would be touching the wrapping. Plastic wrap does not have magic virus-killing qualities (and probably allows virus particles to last longer than they would on the skin of a banana). Yes, wash your hands after eating either one.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
DFW A now has grab and go oranges and bananas in bowls by the bar and elsewhere. There is no hand sanitizer by the fruit so be careful as others may have contaminated it.
For those who eat the peels from the fruit, they'll certainly be glad for that reminder
Old Jul 7, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Wrapped fruit is exactly as risky (i.e., near zero) as unwrapped fruit, because presumably the same hands would be touching the wrapping. Plastic wrap does not have magic virus-killing qualities (and probably allows virus particles to last longer than they would on the skin of a banana). Yes, wash your hands after eating either one.
Veering Off Topic, exactly as risky presumes the rate of decay is consistent amoung all surfaces. You contradicted yourself there. You could sanitize your hands and the fruit before unwrapping it. I will leave it at that. Wash your hands and don't crowd the fruit bowl.

Lounges are reopening but I wouldn't expect a pre COVID-19 experience for at least another year. There could even be further closures even if AA remains solvent.

James
Old Jul 7, 2020, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
At CLT on Sunday, the AC food offering consisted of a bag with small round plastic containers of nuts, fruit-flavored candy, and samples of legacy AC items consisting of the miscellaneous carbohydrates mix that used to be in the large clear containers, two small yellow cheese cubes and a pack of two Carr's crackers. A downgrade of a downgrade, but at least it was something, and the AC was very clean and not that crowded.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Which Club is open at CLT? I was there yesterday and noted that the one located before D and E gates was closed. Maybe I walked past the entrance on the C terminal as I now see that that's the AC that was open. The entrance/exit for D/E maybe just closed. Wish there was a sign posted there if that was the case.

Using the App wasn't helpful as I was at least expecting it to indicate which one was open perhaps. Instead, I had to keep closing/opening it as the AC locations "disappeared from the app. I took that as a hint and just exited the airport. I will be in PHL tomorrow and maybe I'll have better luck when I depart.

Last edited by Zacnlinc; Jul 9, 2020 at 6:44 am Reason: updated content

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.