Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2020, 11:57 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Admirals Club closed; Alaska Lounge open

Originally Posted by dll
Flew yesterday (17-Dec) and LAX Admirals Club T4 still closed with to-go bags of chips and cookies, plus coffee. They made it sound like the closure will last for quite some time due to local health restrictions (into January, anyway). Terminal does have a decent amount of vendors operating compared to my last trip so there are other food options available for purchase.
I flew out of LAX on 11DEC and the Club was open, operating normally. Today, I am connecting to head home and they are closed with snack bags and drinks to go. I walked to Terminal Six via the underground tunnels and am in the Alaska Lounge. The Alaska Lounge is open but you can't eat or drink inside. You are welcome to take food & drinks to go when you are leaving.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kb9522
Yes. Or any of the myriad of other restaurants in PHL that from the looks of it (and certainly from the pungent smell) are still open.

You can also still order food and drink at the bar (what else is the incidental fee credit useful for these days?) and consume it in the club.
Thanks. I think I will try that this week. Any idea why then the Centurion Lounge now won't let you eat their food there?

BTW, if you happen to be in the new MSY airport, the new Priority Pass "Club at MSY" is near the AA gates and is reasonably nice (decent bar, nice decor, modest food).
Old Dec 22, 2020, 7:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Visited the JFK Admirals Club this evening. Full bar open (though sadly no Krug on offer). Typical food spread out, including prepackaged salads and crudite; only wish servings were larger. Guacamole and soup bars were open as of our arrival at 4:30. Friendly and attentive staff as always! Be sure to generously tip bartenders these days; I can only imagine the hit they’ve taken.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by AAEmpireState
Full bar open (though sadly no Krug on offer).
Wait is this a joke or....? Since when does AA offer Krug in the Admirals lounge? hahaha if anything I always thought the Flagship lounge self pour average champagne (pre covid) was better than anything in the admirals lounges...
Old Dec 22, 2020, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by NickRivas
Since when does AA offer Krug in the Admirals lounge?
Since here.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
Since here.
Oh for sale...I forgot about sales and thought the person meant complimentary that's why I was weirded out haha
Old Dec 23, 2020, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Had to laugh at the below expiry notice I received in my AA Wallet. Why notify me about something that is expiring which is impossible to use? I had emailed AA a couple months ago about extending these FFD coupons. They replied, they had no intention to extend the date.

Old Dec 23, 2020, 7:41 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by robertablake
Had to laugh at the below expiry notice I received in my AA Wallet. Why notify me about something that is expiring which is impossible to use? I had emailed AA a couple months ago about extending these FFD coupons. They replied, they had no intention to extend the date.
Sounds like my SWU's expiring July 31, 2021.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
In general, it is nice to see the Admirals Clubs getting closer to normal. Went through CLT on Sunday morning and it was nice to see self service breakfast items back again. Other than the "sanitized for your protection" signs on the seating and the majority of customers wearing masks, it is starting to feel like normal. Now if some of the closed facilities like STL, DFW E, DCA original AC club, etc. open up it will really be great. I especially want STL to open since most of the airports I fly through have multiple clubs so one being close is not a problem
Old Dec 23, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Originally Posted by ksweeney
In general, it is nice to see the Admirals Clubs getting closer to normal. Went through CLT on Sunday morning and it was nice to see self service breakfast items back again. Other than the "sanitized for your protection" signs on the seating and the majority of customers wearing masks, it is starting to feel like normal. Now if some of the closed facilities like STL, DFW E, DCA original AC club, etc. open up it will really be great. I especially want STL to open since most of the airports I fly through have multiple clubs so one being close is not a problem
Having to take the stupid shuttle at DCA is extremely annoying. I still don't understand why one AC would be closed when an another at the exact same airport is open.
Old Dec 23, 2020, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Having to take the stupid shuttle at DCA is extremely annoying. I still don't understand why one AC would be closed when an another at the exact same airport is open.
$$$ ?
Old Dec 23, 2020, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
With PreCheck I'd rather just walk and re-clear security.

Please visit https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...tc-2021-a.html for the current thread.

Last edited by JDiver; May 4, 2021 at 8:08 pm Reason: Add moderator note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.