Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by CMK10
I would expect to be disappointed if I were you.
Did you mean to leave your name in the screenshot?
Old May 31, 2020, 7:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Landed in DFW yesterday on my way to work in Mississippi. Was met by the CK rep with an offer, via electric cart, to shuttle from D to B , or if I needed anything during my 4hr layover. (Love that service for EP’s during COVID btw, it’s definitely appreciated.) declined, but asked and he confirmed A, C AC’s will be opening in DFW on 22 June. B & D as business picks up? It’s 3 weeks, and I’ve got 3 more trips through DFW, before then. But the good news more restaurants are opening. I never stopped flying so I can make the 3 weeks work. Just hope SNA’s opens on the 22nd also. Side note: For a Saturday it was definitely busier in all the terminals than some recent weekdays. Encouraging. Cheers!

Last edited by Tack; Jun 1, 2020 at 7:18 pm
Old Jun 1, 2020, 11:14 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by james318
Did you mean to leave your name in the screenshot?
I'm very open about my name. In fact, the K in CMK10 stands for Kunz
Old Jun 1, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm very open about my name. In fact, the K in CMK10 stands for Kunz
LOL! Alright. Just checking!
Old Jun 1, 2020, 6:32 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Gold, US Airways silver
Disappointed about PHX & ORD. Flying there on 6/23
Old Jun 2, 2020, 5:33 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Has anyone received any actual communication from AA? So far I've seen nothing official. I'm not discounting what's been said (it was the MIA AC staff that originally tipped me off that a decision was made to close the ACs) but I'd like to see something official from AA.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 5:58 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Has anyone received any actual communication from AA? So far I've seen nothing official. I'm not discounting what's been said (it was the MIA AC staff that originally tipped me off that a decision was made to close the ACs) but I'd like to see something official from AA.
Nothing official that I have seen
Old Jun 3, 2020, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I just stopped by the LGA AC to check on things....they have no clue when they’re re-opening because it’s dependent on the local health dept I was told....they said they hope soon in the next couple of weeks

How can DL have their LGA club open but AA can’t if it’s really the health department holding things up?

Last edited by AANYC1981; Jun 3, 2020 at 1:23 pm
Old Jun 3, 2020, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I just stopped by the LGA AC to check on things....they have no clue when they’re re-opening because it’s dependent on the local health dept I was told....they said they hope soon in the next couple of weeks

How can DL have their LGA club open but AA can’t if it’s really the health department holding things up?
I'm sure that's a rhetorical questions, but it's because either (a) they're lying or (b) they're misinformed and have their heads in the sand.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 8:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Please read the Wikipost for Admirals Club reopening as of 22 June 2020. Note some Clubs will initially open only as travel service centers, and all reopening a Clubs will open with modifications to minimize risk of COVID-19.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: AA-EXP, UA-PS, SkyMiles, Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Any announced extensions of Club Memberships?

I have an Admirals Club Membership, which expires on July 17. As everyone knows, this membership has been useless since March. Has there been any consideration for loss of use?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by POSHtravelier
I have an Admirals Club Membership, which expires on July 17. As everyone knows, this membership has been useless since March. Has there been any consideration for loss of use?
They gave a 6 month extension for memberships
Old Jun 4, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Official Announcent- ACs Opening on June 22nd 2020. What that means varies..

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ge-changes.jsp

Clubs reopening on June 22

• Charlotte (CLT) – Concourse C
  • Chicago O'Hare (ORD) – Concourse H/K
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminals A and C
  • Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4
  • Miami (MIA) – Gate D30
  • New York Kennedy (JFK) – Terminal B (in the Flagship® Lounge)**
  • New York LaGuardia (LGA) – Concourse D**
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminal B/C
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A7
  • Washington Reagan (DCA) – Terminal B
Hours will vary by location, and we may limit the capacity and offerings due to CDC guidelines or local orders or restrictions.

Food and drink service

As we begin to reopen, we'll have modified food and drink service. Here is what you can expect:
  • Complimentary pre-packaged snacks
  • Disposable, single-use glassware
  • Full-service bar
  • Touchless menus with signage and QR codes. Physical menus will be available upon request.
  • Self-serve areas will remain closed for now.
**Only pre-packaged food and bottled water will be available, per local restrictions.

Clubs reopening as service centers

These locations will open on June 22 as service centers and will be available to offer travel assistance:
  • Atlanta (ATL) – North Terminal, Concourse T
  • Austin (AUS) – Gate 22
  • Boston (BOS) – Terminal B
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminal D
  • Houston Intercontinental (IAH) – Terminal A
  • Nashville (BNA) – Concourse C
  • Orange County (SNA) – Gate 8
  • Orlando (MCO) – Gate 55
  • Pittsburgh (PIT) – Main Lobby
  • Raleigh / Durham (RDU) – Terminal 2
  • San Francisco (SFO) – Terminal 1
  • St. Louis (STL) – Concourse C
  • Tampa (TPA) – Gate 85
Hours vary by location and services like food and drinks, restrooms and shower facilities are temporarily discontinued.

Seating in these clubs is also not available at this time.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, DL Silver, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Avis PC
It's a pretty respectable start. LAX T4, LGA and JFK are definitely money-losers designed to please pax.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Delaying New York I get, but I'm surprised LAX and Phoenix are not on the list. But they were sort of sardine cans. I guess trying to start at 100% makes little sense.

Not to mention what will food service look like?

But I'm old enough to be high risk, and my spouse is talking up long-distance driving for the first time in years. So you all can work the bugs out for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.