Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2020, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
From last weekend:

- PHL B/C. Nice and empty. All service from the bar even for soft drinks etc. has to be brought to you. Several agents hovered around me and kept my glass full
How does tipping work? Awkward handing over of a couple of bucks?
Old Aug 12, 2020, 8:08 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by carmelsown
Apologies if someone else posted but I haven't seen it here yet. Hot foods supposed to be coming back today to some clubs: Newsroom - Now Serving: American Airlines Brings Back Signature Menu Items to Select Admirals Club Lounges - American Airlines Group, Inc.
One of the top threads in the AAdvantage forums at the moment...
Admirals Club / Lounges Serving Hot Food Again (Aug 2020)
Old Aug 12, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro/Alaska Airlines MVP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Bonvoy Gold/Emerald Club Exec
Sorry about that, I should have known. Is there a way for me to delete?
Old Aug 12, 2020, 6:21 pm

Any thoughts on BOS Lounge reopening?
Old Aug 13, 2020, 7:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Any thoughts on BOS Lounge reopening?
I would expect some of the larger non hub clubs to open fairly soon. However, does Boston still only allow essential travelers to book hotel rooms?

Edit:
I'm told at the PHX AC that the plan was to start to reopen other clubs in September and October but that's at least on a temporary hold depending upon traffic levels. Possibly won't be until 2021.

Last edited by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George; Aug 13, 2020 at 10:09 am
Old Aug 13, 2020, 5:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
How does tipping work? Awkward handing over of a couple of bucks?
They brought the drinks on a tray, I took the drink, dropped a few bucks and sipped happily. Frankly I never feel awkward tipping, not after 5 years as a delivery driver.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George

Edit:
I'm told at the PHX AC that the plan was to start to reopen other clubs in September and October but that's at least on a temporary hold depending upon traffic levels. Possibly won't be until 2021.
This is what I have been worried about...a slowdown with the reboot in amenities, which is understandable if there is a significant dropoff again in travelers. Not sure it will be as drastic as April, but who knows? I didn't think Flagship lounges would reopen this year, but was hoping for a summer reopening 2021 (in addition to the entire lounge network back up and running). Gosh, it's all such a wait and see.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 10:04 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
The lack of drinks for OWE/OWS is incredibly poor form and a weak excuse. If this is the case my next flight, a discussion will ensue.
Yeah, this is pretty lame. For example, as claimed upthread, the LAX AC is hosting 160 people per day. Out of that, how many would normally be eligible for premium drinks? Not many...

It was bad enough when they limited premium drinks at LAX to the FL (and you had a flight from Eagle). This is just being hopelessly cheap. Or it really illustrates the dire financial situation that AA is in right now.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Two stops over the weekend:

CLT B/C: In addition to the snack boxes at the bar (pictured below) there's also a hot food station which makes egg scrambles (you can add cheese, salsa, a corn/bean dish and bacon) or oatmeal (you can add brown sugar, raisins and almonds). The portions are a little small but it's a big improvement over just the cold options. Drinks and snack boxes are still for collection from the bar.

PHL: Similar to the above except it's still server only for drinks and snack boxes. They also had the same hot food station.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 6:56 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
Two stops over the weekend:

CLT B/C: In addition to the snack boxes at the bar (pictured below) there's also a hot food station which makes egg scrambles (you can add cheese, salsa, a corn/bean dish and bacon) or oatmeal (you can add brown sugar, raisins and almonds). The portions are a little small but it's a big improvement over just the cold options. Drinks and snack boxes are still for collection from the bar.

PHL: Similar to the above except it's still server only for drinks and snack boxes. They also had the same hot food station.
Are they charging for the egg station offerings? I remember when they introduced the omelette station at DFW D club, and it was something like $10+..
Old Aug 17, 2020, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Are they charging for the egg station offerings? I remember when they introduced the omelette station at DFW D club, and it was something like $10+..
Nope it's free. Similar to the old guac station.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
So let's spend money boxing up everything but not give out free drinks...
Old Aug 23, 2020, 2:47 pm

CLT AC yesterday. Plenty of space, friendly agents at the front desk and walking you to your seats and a friendly bartender. The situation still involves getting snack boxes at the bar yourself plus an employee serving either mac and cheese with toppings (bacon, Fritos) and one soup (the chili)

Old Aug 23, 2020, 3:34 pm

Hi all,

Any thoughts on if either of JFK's Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge will open for service in 2020 at all beyond the current service (sitting room, no showers, no food and no drink inside).
Old Aug 23, 2020, 4:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Hi all,

Any thoughts on if either of JFK's Admirals Club or Flagship Lounge will open for service in 2020 at all beyond the current service (sitting room, no showers, no food and no drink inside).
Delta at JFK T4 has a full bar and fresh food and salads available.....complain to AA....myself and others have already but they keep claiming they are under a different “local law” from Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.