Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2020 Admirals Club / Lounges As Of Reopening 22 Jun 2020; Openings, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2020, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Geordie405
I can definitely confirm this. I was in the lounges at LAX (twice), DFW, and PHX over the weekend and, no, they are definitely not giving out drink coupons. Nor are they scanning BPs for premium drinks. If you want a premium drink then you will need to pay for it, irrespective of OW status.

I tried to find out why, but no one seemed able to give a specific reason. I was initially told that it was because LAX had a Flagship Lounge and therefore at the AC locations at LAX there were no coupons and if I wanted a premium drink I needed to go to the FL. I said that was definitely the deal before the FL closed, but that clearly wasn't an option now. I was then told it was because CK members had to pay for water. That's comparing apples and oranges. I said that was how AA chose to run its loyalty program but I wasn't a AC member but rather a OW status holder. I was then told it was cost-cutting and that premium drinks were "only" $7.50 instead of whatever they were before. I replied that I wasn't paying $7.50 for a 7 oz pour of a craft beer served in a plastic tumbler.

I spoke to two different managers at LAX and both simply said they would provide feedback up the chain, and I said I would do the same via Customer Relations. I tried to make the point that with so few people travelling and with a lot of itineraries now being indirect it was probably more important to try and retain frequent fliers and maximise the benefits, rather than withdrawing them.

Two items worth noting though came out of the conversation. The first is that AA hope to have hot food options available around mid-August. The second is that the FL (at least at LAX) won't be reopening until Q1 next year.

Aside from the lack of premium beverages the new normal wasn't too bad. At both LAX and PHX we were shown to a table (of our choice) by AA lounge staff and offered a snack bag, drinks etc. Staff were very friendly and helpful and happy to be back at work. The LAX lounge was pretty quiet on both occasions and I was told they'd had no more than 160 visitors on any given day (which to me seemed quite low but that's what I was told). At LAX on Sunday there seemed to be two different snack bags on offer, one of which had a bagel and cream cheese as the offering but these were only given out to select people. We'd bought breakfast burritos from Sammy's which at $30+ for two made me realise just how expensive travel is without the benefit of the FL.

At DFW it wasn't AA staff who seated us but the principle was the same with a choice of open seats and then "Social Distance" markers placed on the seats opposite to block them off etc. At PHX the lounge closed at 5pm which worked in our favour as our flight to SJC was around that time but we did see some guests being turned away as we were leaving.

Overall I think AA are doing a pretty good job. I don't quite understand why the coffee machines / soda machines are out of use. You have staff serving all other drinks from the bar. I'd assume it would be relatively easy to cordon off the other drinks machines but have staff operate them so if you wanted a cappuccino or a soda you could get one. Getting more substantive food offerings available is probably a priority in my mind. The snack bag with chips, hummus, brownies etc. are fine as a one-off but not the most filling or healthy of options.
The lack of drinks for OWE/OWS is incredibly poor form and a weak excuse. If this is the case my next flight, a discussion will ensue.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 5:27 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
August 3: DFW- Admiral's Club open in A, B, C, D

still closed in E.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Surprised and rather annoyed to find the ORD J/K club closed at 5:00 pm yesterday. WTH.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Surprised and rather annoyed to find the ORD J/K club closed at 5:00 pm yesterday. WTH.
Well, the hours for this club, showing it closes at 5 PM daily, are quite literally and clearly annotated on AA.com. This did not have to be "surprising" (though it might still be annoying).

Source: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/ord-club.jsp

Regards
Old Aug 5, 2020, 9:22 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Does anyone know if the showers are available in ORD? I saw the clubs being utilized as services centers specifically mentioned no showers, but it wasn't clear as to whether that was applicable to the open clubs. I am flying in on the redeye from ANC on Thursday night and would love to freshen up before I meet my paramour.

Thanks.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by scubadu
Well, the hours for this club, showing it closes at 5 PM daily, are quite literally and clearly annotated on AA.com. This did not have to be "surprising" (though it might still be annoying).

Source: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...s/ord-club.jsp
I wonder why the ORD lounge closes so early compared to the other re-opened lounges. It looks like AA still runs a substantial schedule after 5 pm in ORD.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 7:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by ASEFlyer
Does anyone know if the showers are available in ORD? I saw the clubs being utilized as services centers specifically mentioned no showers, but it wasn't clear as to whether that was applicable to the open clubs. I am flying in on the redeye from ANC on Thursday night and would love to freshen up before I meet my paramour.

Thanks.
Showers are not being offered. I'm not sure when they will be returning. If I can remember I'll ask at MIA next week. The staff there always seems to be "in the know."
Old Aug 6, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
Showers are not being offered. I'm not sure when they will be returning."
Is this the case with all ACs at the moment?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 8:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
Is this the case with all ACs at the moment?
Yes no showers at ACs. In fact the ACs are operating with a skeleton support staff with regards to food service and cleaning.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Which ACs are completely closed (even no service center option)? The only one I can think of would be DEN? Are all the international clubs still closed?
Old Aug 10, 2020, 2:51 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Which ACs are completely closed (even no service center option)? The only one I can think of would be DEN? Are all the international clubs still closed?
Just take a look from this link...it has the current status of all locations.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ge-changes.jsp
Old Aug 10, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA 3M Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Can confirm that there is a very lonely agent at AUS Club as a service agent only. United next to it and completely closed.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 9:14 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
The Wikipost at the top of the page has listings and a link to updated listings on aa.com.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 3:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
From last weekend:

- PHL B/C. Nice and empty. All service from the bar even for soft drinks etc. has to be brought to you. Several agents hovered around me and kept my glass full

Glad to see bananas and oranges added to the food pile so at least I had something breakfast-y at 10 AM

- DCA LUS Club. Also empty. Here you get your own drinks and snack baskets from the bar but oranges and bananas are out by the coffee machine. Same food as PHL.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum Pro/Alaska Airlines MVP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Bonvoy Gold/Emerald Club Exec
Apologies if someone else posted but I haven't seen it here yet. Hot foods supposed to be coming back today to some clubs: Newsroom - Now Serving: American Airlines Brings Back Signature Menu Items to Select Admirals Club Lounges - American Airlines Group, Inc.

Last edited by carmelsown; Aug 12, 2020 at 8:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.