Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New DCA Terminal

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2021, 7:14 am

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by S80
As much as I love the airside shuttle busses from an avgeek perspective, I'm glad they're being deprecated, since the wait for the bus through covid has been less than ideal.
Plus, I almost missed a connection because there was an A319 parked in the shuttle bus path and we had to wait 20 minutes for it to move!
Old Oct 14, 2021, 7:35 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by plinth857
Plus, I almost missed a connection because there was an A319 parked in the shuttle bus path and we had to wait 20 minutes for it to move!
I have only connected through DCA a few times, so I thought I was just unlucky with the bus, but I guess I'm not.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Well, the new security gates at DCA are finally opening on November 9!
Looking forward to being able to enjoy Legal Seafoods after security.
jmj9905 and plinth857 like this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by S80
As much as I love the airside shuttle busses from an avgeek perspective, I'm glad they're being deprecated, since the wait for the bus through covid has been less than ideal.
Plus the stairs down (and then up) are murder for one with a cane (and carry-on luggage).

Good riddance!
Old Oct 14, 2021, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
There will be two checkpoints, so you kind of still do have different checkpoints for B and C.
As I understand it, while there will be 2 new checkpoints, both will feed into the "National Hall" so you can pick whichever checkpoint you want, e.g., the one closer to your taxi or rideshare dropoff. It is only the A-terminal folks who still have a long schlep from the Metro station.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 6:18 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MasterPlanner
Plus the stairs down (and then up) are murder for one with a cane (and carry-on luggage).

Good riddance!
I always wondered what the handicapped protocol was for moving between B and C?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bkafrick
Reclear security?
Old Oct 14, 2021, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
As I understand it, while there will be 2 new checkpoints, both will feed into the "National Hall" so you can pick whichever checkpoint you want, e.g., the one closer to your taxi or rideshare dropoff. It is only the A-terminal folks who still have a long schlep from the Metro station.
The route through the checkpoints will be backtracking. You will go down new escalators from checkin area - then head in direction of metro/parking garage, then go through security, the backtrack back to main hall - so more walking distance. So this will take more time.

I was there last weekend and they were installing temporary walls to block off the existing escalators. I assume the next step is to remove the old escalators once the new ones open.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by bkafrick
The one time I experienced it, with my wife in a wheelchair, yes, it was reclear security. We had a late inbound and cleared quickly with PreCheck, but our one experience at 35X was to miss the flight. Luckily we had our annual club pass with the US credit card to spend the few hours we had until the next flight.
Antarius likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.