FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Does anyone have experience with AA from HPN White Plains Westchester to Charlotte? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2038141-does-anyone-have-experience-aa-hpn-white-plains-westchester-charlotte.html)

dande36 Apr 17, 2021 3:35 am

Does anyone have experience with AA from HPN White Plains Westchester to Charlotte?

On time record says 61% Have to connect in Charlotte to get to Orlando.

LondonElite Apr 17, 2021 3:45 am

Past events are not too helpful for the future. If you miss the. Objection you’ll get put on the next flight.

dave_261 Apr 17, 2021 4:59 am

Originally Posted by dande36 (Post 33183735)
On time record says 61% Have to connect in Charlotte to get to Orlando.

2 flights a day from HPN-CLT. Track record for both is pretty good over the past couple weeks.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...010Z/KHPN/KCLT
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...740Z/KHPN/KCLT

Uzzar Apr 17, 2021 6:10 am

Dont book too tight of a connection, the regionals are the first to sit and wait when there is heavy traffic. Also, you will land in the dreaded E gates, which can be a hike if CLT-MCO is mainline.

dande36 Apr 17, 2021 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Uzzar (Post 33183851)
Dont book too tight of a connection, the regionals are the first to sit and wait when there is heavy traffic. Also, you will land in the dreaded E gates, which can be a hike if CLT-MCO is mainline.

Time between planes is 1 hr 14 minutes. Currently holding a Delta ticket from HPN to MCO but have to go thru Atlanta for that one. Gets me home earlier though

Antarius Apr 17, 2021 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Uzzar (Post 33183851)

It's still only a 15 minute walk max.

nyc6035 Apr 17, 2021 10:00 am

HPN CLT connections

I did HPN-CLT-TPA a couple of weeks ago RT. I too had between 75 to 90 minutes to connect each way. You will arrive CLT at the E gates which make for a bit of a walk if your connection is in the B or C gates. It can be done in 15 to 20 minutes.

Note you'll be flying on a CR-700 or CR-900 from and to HPN. This requires valet baggage check for all wheeled bags. You'll drop them inside the boarding gate and will need to wait for them planeside in CLT to continue your trip. This can add 10ish minutes before you can make your connection. I own and travel with a Redoxx Air Boss bag (no wheels) which fits in the small overhead - so I don't have to wait and lose the extra time when making a tight connection.

FWIW, on my trip about two weeks ago, my 75-90 minute connection both ways was long enough for a quick drink in the Admirals club before continuing to my next flight.

As long as the weather is ok you should make the connection in CLT. Good luck

Auto Enthusiast Apr 17, 2021 11:01 am

Why not take a nonstop? HPN has them, usually on JetBlue. If the price isn't right, the city has plenty.

IADCAflyer Apr 17, 2021 11:33 am

Originally Posted by dande36 (Post 33183861)
Time between planes is 1 hr 14 minutes. Currently holding a Delta ticket from HPN to MCO but have to go thru Atlanta for that one. Gets me home earlier though

I would not hesitate to book this connection. Plus, CLT-MCO is a large market: if you miss one you'll be put on the next. And if there is nothing available, they will probably route you CLT-MIA-MCO.

Catbert10 Apr 17, 2021 11:48 am

Not sure if this is helpful but AA also has a midday HPN-DCA-MCO routing.

pauleeepaul Apr 17, 2021 4:30 pm

I live in Westchester, work in CT, and can get to HPN in 15 minutes from home and from the office. It is a really convenient airport when things are working properly. But after being burned many times for cancelled flights with few/no alternatives i have sworn off of it for time sensitive trips. More than once- or twice- i have sat in the rooftop bar watching rounds of flights be delayed- and then canceled, and then trouped home as the trip was now a bust, surprising my wife (fortunately she was always alone :D.) The worst instance was a retirement dinner that i was supposed to host. I was scheduled to leave at noon, and didn't get off the ground. YMMV.

FlyDeltaMD88 Apr 17, 2021 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul (Post 33184953)
I live in Westchester, work in CT, and can get to HPN in 15 minutes from home and from the office. It is a really convenient airport when things are working properly. But after being burned many times for cancelled flights with few/no alternatives i have sworn off of it for time sensitive trips. More than once- or twice- i have sat in the rooftop bar watching rounds of flights be delayed- and then canceled, and then trouped home as the trip was now a bust, surprising my wife (fortunately she was always alone :D.) The worst instance was a retirement dinner that i was supposed to host. I was scheduled to leave at noon, and didn't get off the ground. YMMV.

Yup when it works it's great, when it doesn't you wish you spent the money flying out of JFK/LGA or BDL.

dande36 Apr 18, 2021 3:26 am

Originally Posted by nyc6035 (Post 33184223)
I did HPN-CLT-TPA a couple of weeks ago RT. I too had between 75 to 90 minutes to connect each way. You will arrive CLT at the E gates which make for a bit of a walk if your connection is in the B or C gates. It can be done in 15 to 20 minutes.

Note you'll be flying on a CR-700 or CR-900 from and to HPN. This requires valet baggage check for all wheeled bags. You'll drop them inside the boarding gate and will need to wait for them planeside in CLT to continue your trip. This can add 10ish minutes before you can make your connection. I own and travel with a Redoxx Air Boss bag (no wheels) which fits in the small overhead - so I don't have to wait and lose the extra time when making a tight connection.

FWIW, on my trip about two weeks ago, my 75-90 minute connection both ways was long enough for a quick drink in the Admirals club before continuing to my next flight.

As long as the weather is ok you should make the connection in CLT. Good luck

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast (Post 33184319)
Why not take a nonstop? HPN has them, usually on JetBlue. If the price isn't right, the city has plenty.

Thanks for the heads up about the rolling bag. I did not know that. Changed to non stop Jet Blue into Orlando. Final destination was Daytona saving my husband from having to drive to Orlando. Booked a car service to pick me up in Orlando Appreciate the help