Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New refrigerators filled with food for purchase at various admirals clubs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New refrigerators filled with food for purchase at various admirals clubs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I don't carry an AC membership and this thread kind of explains why. I simply do not see the value to pay for something that gets me a chair somewhere slightly more secluded. The food and beverage options are mediocre and the ACs are also frequently just as crowded as the terminal.

Still waiting to be sold on the value of having a membership by AA.
aztimm and freeagent like this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
IWhy stop at Hudson News or Burger King to buy something en route to the gate when you can do it while sitting at the A/C.
Because I'm paying $500/year to get saran wrapped rice krispie treats.
PACLipper, Abidjan, EdofFX and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antarius
Still waiting to be sold on the value of having a membership by AA.
Pre-covid they upped their game and had pretty solid fresh food offerings, 2 soups, etc. I'm only maintaining my membership awaiting for AA to resume service.as it used to be.
Always Flyin likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
IMO, it would be wiser to give them away on request. Your AC members largely are business and regular travelers, ones that contribute extensively to your margins.
Well I'll say this: Admirals Clubs are not the only places that don't give them away. Ask for a bottle of water at the Centurion Lounge....and the answer is "we don't do that".

Last edited by IADCAflyer; Apr 17, 2021 at 9:27 am
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I don't think that the intent was ever to use AC -- or other lounge membership or entry right -- to be a take out deli. One way or another, nothing is free, it is just included. I am fine not subsidizing people stuffing a bag with food for the week.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:14 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
None of that is wrong, but a lot of us don’t effectively pay list price for those Rice Krispie squares and mediocre wine. We either get in via foreign status, the executive card on a first year bonus, or via a regular membership paid with various Amex travel credits that are hard to use and would otherwise expire.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:33 am

From the United Club rules:
Food and beverage is provided for consumption and use in the Lounge and may not be removed.

From the Delta Sky Club rules:
Food and beverages may not be removed from any Delta Sky Club.

From the Alaska Lounge rules:
We respectfully ask that guests enjoy lounge offerings within the room and not remove food, beverages, or periodicals from the Alaska Lounge, except for purchased made-to-order meals, tea, or coffee.

And finally...from the American Admiral's Club rules:
Complimentary food, alcoholic beverages and periodicals provided by Admirals Club are for consumption and use inside the Admirals Club only and may not be removed.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by smartytravel
People who use Admirals Clubs already are paying premium. Instead of being cheap and finding ways to rip passengers off, American Airlines should apologize for cutting back in-flight services and offering take out food to passengers for no extra charge.

Again, passengers who use AC already have paid premium, and get ripped off in return.
Problem here is that Admiral's Club food (except for items you purchase) was never meant for takeout. Read the rules. You think a 20 oz bottle of Coke is going to stay in the Club?
Often1 and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Well I'll say this: Admirals Clubs are not the only places that don't give them away. Ask for a bottle of water at the Centurion Lounge....and the answer is "we don't do that".
No disagreement, but you'd also likely agree that the value proposition otherwise of a Centurion Lounge vastly surpasses than of the AC.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:40 am

No disagreement, but you'd also likely agree that the value proposition otherwise of a Centurion Lounge vastly surpasses than of the AC.
Food and beverage certainly; travel assistance hands down goes to the AC. Probably the main reason why I reluctantly have membership in both.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

travel assistance hands down goes to the AC.
Naturally.....
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I forgot to take a picture in Miami and DFW but they both had prepackaged sandwiches, salads and wraps IIRC, the image above is only showing drinks and I wanted to clarify that they have more than that
Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Personally I'm ok with the "bunny food" at the ACs, I just wish they'd switch it up more often. Just as long as the rail booze remains complimentary. But after spending last spring at the gates for over 2 months I realized just how valuable my AC membership is.
onanisland likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 10:54 am

Personally, I think they’re a good idea for grabbing something to go especially on a tight schedule and it eliminates the need to stop at Hudson News to get a bottle of water.
aj411 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
Because I'm paying $500/year to get saran wrapped rice krispie treats.
You should try paying $1000 a month at a country club even when it’s closed in winter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.