Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Non-Rev Fun on a 737

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2021, 9:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by onanisland
Am I the only one who has had less issue with Spirit? I haven’t had a man try to stand in the exit row for the entirety of the flight on Spirit like I have on American. Because “I’m not seated with my friends!” Well, if you’d paid for it you would be.
Haven't flown Spirit in a few years but other than some disagreements at the gate between passengers and the agents I've never had an issue on-board. Same with Frontier and Allegiant.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 9:47 pm

Programs: All over the place now.
I live in STL now and started flying Frontier to/from Vegas. It's super cheap but many times I wondered if they went to the worst part of town and just handed out free tickets. People are basically partying in the aisles, playing music out loud, throwing things to their friends, leaning over you, yelling, etc. The flight attendants don't even bother to tell them to stop. After Covid, I took Frontier to Vegas and Southwest the way back. Almost no one kept their masks on. The middle seat was supposed to remain empty and the girl in my row tried to call her friend up to sit there. I outright told her that was not going to happen but she could go back there if she wanted. That was in July. When I went in September, I just paid double or more to fly Southwest. It was like night and day.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by 757FO
She proceeds to tell me I'll be out of a job soon, as she is friends with the CEO of the airline...
Seems pretty compelling that she could be friends with deep discount Doug...

1) Knows he's too cheap to offer food on the plane, so brings her own
2) Seems to be the quality of individual I'd expect him to associate with
3) Probably drunk during the boarding/confrontation process

Perhaps they met in AA (pun intended)...
enviroian and 757FO like this.

Last edited by cmd320; Apr 29, 2021 at 10:33 am
Old Apr 29, 2021, 3:43 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by stef315
I live in STL now and started flying Frontier to/from Vegas. It's super cheap but many times I wondered if they went to the worst part of town and just handed out free tickets. People are basically partying in the aisles, playing music out loud, throwing things to their friends, leaning over you, yelling, etc. The flight attendants don't even bother to tell them to stop. After Covid, I took Frontier to Vegas and Southwest the way back. Almost no one kept their masks on. The middle seat was supposed to remain empty and the girl in my row tried to call her friend up to sit there. I outright told her that was not going to happen but she could go back there if she wanted. That was in July. When I went in September, I just paid double or more to fly Southwest. It was like night and day.
I never thought I’d see the day when Southwest was the better carrier.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by TravelerMSY
I never thought I’d see the day when Southwest was the better carrier.
Remember when America West ran the unknown/bag over head flyer ad in response to WN. It's hard to believe that the airline that started off mostly as a no frills carrier is now in many ways the choice of business travelers.
TravelerMSY likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:49 pm

Well, they also used to be the cheapest and now they are one of the most expensive on my routes anyway.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:09 am

Programs: QF; AA;
I'm an Aussie, 76 years old and I obviously need to get out more. Can someone please tell me what form of dress is a 'wife beater' i?
TravelerMSY likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 12:29 am

It usually refers to a plain white tank top (sleeveless).
Franky16 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT

"Oh nice!"
stef315, AAway, redrob and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aamilesslave

"Oh nice!"
Not only will you see him (in general) on your next flight but be anything less than shocked if he's in the AC and/or the premium cabin. The wife beater and hoochie shorts aren't just limited to Y paxs.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:19 am
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Of course, it’s never the hot guy wearing that get up.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:28 pm

Programs: QF; AA;
And I guess hoochie shorts are baggy, unwashed and unironed?... There is truth in the old saying that you learn something new every day.
Old May 1, 2021, 7:38 am

The wife beater shirt usually goes along with a very hairy back and tufts of hair sprouting from the wearer’s ears. It’s a look.
Old May 2, 2021, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Franky16
And I guess hoochie shorts are baggy, unwashed and unironed?... There is truth in the old saying that you learn something new every day.
Not quite, hoochie shorts are more like small hotpants or old school gym shorts. Often with “hoochie”, “sexy”, or just handprints on the rear end.
Gringa likes this.
Old May 2, 2021, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Djokison
Not quite, hoochie shorts are more like small hotpants or old school gym shorts. Often with “hoochie”, “sexy”, or just handprints on the rear end.
Yes you are correct but 95% of women (and some men) wearing them today are anything but "sexy." Think of the pic in the above post.

BTW, there were 2 guys in the DCA AC a couple of weeks ago and let's just say they were wearing the same "meme" as above, excessive body hair and weight included.
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.