Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American Airlines Leisure for Corporate Travelers Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

I've been flying AA for years, and my company (large, global) has had AA as a preferred carrier for as long as I can remember.

Today, I got an email inviting me to join the American Airlines Leisure for Corporate Travelers Program.
"We are pleased to offer you discounts on your leisure travel for yourself, your family, or extended family members. Enter your company email address to get started. Once verified, go directly to business.aa.com to access your unique leisure savings and discounts only offered to a limited number of our corporate travelers!"

I signed up, and did a quick comparison of this site (American Airlines for Business) and AA.com, and in my small sample size, fares are a few bucks lower than on the public site. Interface on this site is horrible compared to AA.com.

Curious is this is a new enhancement to try to get people back in the skies...
Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Knocked $10 off a domestic one-way versus direct booking on AA.com. Also gave way more connections (longer layovers) than I'm used to seeing.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 10:17 pm

Got this today too. I wonder if the flights purchased here also qualify for 5x points for Amex platinum? I see small discount applied vs the regular website.

Downside is bad website, separate reservations team and none that I’m aware of that recognize status and I can’t see a way to use the AA Credits, vouchers from changes and cancels.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 7:00 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I know my company has something similar with United, but this is the first I've heard of this for AA. I may have to ask our travel team about this to see if we can qualify.

I actually like this website better.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:02 am

Miles?

Do you earn miles/EQDs etc for flights through this portal?
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
From my simple sleuthing, I think it is similar to booking through our company portal, but this way we can go directly through AA's and receive similar corporate pricing. If it's anything like how we earn from corporate travel, then EQD/EQM etc should all be the same, albeit lesser EQD from the discount.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by FoRM
Do you earn miles/EQDs etc for flights through this portal?
Yes, you do! This is the same portal used for Veteran's Advantage 5% discounts.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
You can check this link to see if you're eligible: https://business.aa.com/leisure/uservalidation
Old Apr 14, 2021, 10:44 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by dave_261
I've been flying AA for years, and my company (large, global) has had AA as a preferred carrier for as long as I can remember.

Today, I got an email inviting me to join the American Airlines Leisure for Corporate Travelers Program.
"We are pleased to offer you discounts on your leisure travel for yourself, your family, or extended family members. Enter your company email address to get started. Once verified, go directly to business.aa.com to access your unique leisure savings and discounts only offered to a limited number of our corporate travelers!"

I signed up, and did a quick comparison of this site (American Airlines for Business) and AA.com, and in my small sample size, fares are a few bucks lower than on the public site. Interface on this site is horrible compared to AA.com.

Curious is this is a new enhancement to try to get people back in the skies...
Same for me too! I just used it and it dropped all of my seat selections after I booked! Fixed on regular AA but still worth it!
Old Apr 14, 2021, 3:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by donotblink
You can check this link to see if you're eligible: https://business.aa.com/leisure/uservalidation
thanks. I didn’t get the email but did qualify from my work address.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I didn't enter my details, as I hate taking the chance of putting my professional email out there and ending up spammed, but is this promotion perhaps targeted toward large companies with which AA already does business (or where they're hoping to do business)? I get the sense that not all work addresses would qualify, and it seems like a bit of an odd program anyway.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
I received it and signed up. Boy is that site bad.
As for fares, this may be an edge case, but on a mixed AA/BA itinerary to Greece that priced at $625 pp on BA.com and $1500 on AA.com; it came back with $625 on the business side.
Old May 23, 2021, 2:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Change fees

This discount doesn't seem worth the hassle. I booked at business.aa.com to save $5. Assumed I was booking direct though AA...

Now I saw the fare dropped and wanted to change it (fully flexible fare). Can't change through AA because booked through a travel agent. Business.aa.com portal crashes everytime I click "change trip" (tried 2 devices / 3 browsers). Called and they said it's $25 fee to ask for an agent. I mentioned I couldn't online and the agent said "ya, it's a catch 22". Clicked to cancel the trip, but the credit can only be used through "travel agent I booked with" and they don't appear to support using credits online now I'm stuck with this for my next trip and paying $50 in fees.

What a scam
Old May 23, 2021, 5:39 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by doctor15
This discount doesn't seem worth the hassle. I booked at business.aa.com to save $5. Assumed I was booking direct though AA...

Now I saw the fare dropped and wanted to change it (fully flexible fare). Can't change through AA because booked through a travel agent. Business.aa.com portal crashes everytime I click "change trip" (tried 2 devices / 3 browsers). Called and they said it's $25 fee to ask for an agent. I mentioned I couldn't online and the agent said "ya, it's a catch 22". Clicked to cancel the trip, but the credit can only be used through "travel agent I booked with" and they don't appear to support using credits online now I'm stuck with this for my next trip and paying $50 in fees.

What a scam
Yeah, I decided to try it once. The discount was decent enough. I am not sure I will use it again because of this - I'd rather be booked with AA direct.
I can't understand why they can't get AA.com to just offer a discount - or give out coupon codes or something simple. Guess they'd rather make less money, pay a middle man, and complicate things for everyone instead.
Old May 23, 2021, 9:11 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Is this thing operated by AA or a third party travel agency? I qualified but don't really want to register if that's the case.

Bad enough I have to pay a $50 fee just to buy up to F after booking because all my work travel is through CWT.
madmanshoney likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.