Wiki Posts
Search

Current Transcon F/J service?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Current Transcon F/J service?

Have JFK-LAX-JFK J flights coming up unless I clear an UG into F. Wondering if they are doing semi-normal meal service at the moment and if the Flagship at JFK is open.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by 747-800i
Have JFK-LAX-JFK J flights coming up unless I clear an UG into F. Wondering if they are doing semi-normal meal service at the moment and if the Flagship at JFK is open.
Semi-normal yes in that you should get a hot entree choice. Flagship Lounges are all still closed, you can use the AC. Below thread has some more recent details...

LAX - MIA 772 J Service
Old Apr 11, 2021, 11:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thank You
Old Apr 11, 2021, 1:00 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Meal choices are the same in F and J, and you can pre-order ahead of your flight. 2 red, 2 white, 1 bubbly wines. 4 Entree choices, and entire meal is served on one tray, rather than multi-course.

You'll have access to AC. For JFK, it just happens to be at the former Flagship Lounge location, but with AC-level service.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 2:21 pm

Programs: AA PPro
I'll just add in that you also get bedding and an amenities kit as well.
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Are the made-to-order ice cream sundaes back? That used to differentiate F from J on select international routes. I know the sundaes are not back on midcon Hawaii.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Are the made-to-order ice cream sundaes back? That used to differentiate F from J on select international routes. I know the sundaes are not back on midcon Hawaii.
No, everything comes either sealed or individually plastic wrapped in one tray and all items are prepared at the catering facility.
Don't expect crew making ice-cream sundaes in the galley until the pandemic is over.
ESpen36 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA, Bonvoy, Delta, Hyatt
Pre-COVID, wasn’t there an additional course option in F like a soup (dinner) or smoothie (breakfast) that wasn’t offered in J? Sounds like this isn’t happening either currently.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Are the made-to-order ice cream sundaes back?
Wow I miss these so much.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by mhbnyc
Pre-COVID, wasn’t there an additional course option in F like a soup (dinner) or smoothie (breakfast) that wasn’t offered in J? Sounds like this isn’t happening either currently.
Yes you're correct, but as reported upthread and in the other main catering threads; Flagship First passengers now get the exact same catering as Flagship Business.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
AA hasn't served sundaes in over a year. In premium transcon F/J the dessert options are the same, usually a tiny cheap tart most of the time and very few times a decent cheesecake.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GlobalMatt
Wow I miss these so much.
same. last weekend i was searching for a pic but came across some other pics of my many J and F flights on the transcon 762 and some of the sundae cart and the salad cart in F. and i'd love a sundae right now!
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VSLover
same. last weekend i was searching for a pic but came across some other pics of my many J and F flights on the transcon 762 and some of the sundae cart and the salad cart in F. and i'd love a sundae right now!
AA retired the 3-class 762s a long time ago... The 772s don't have F, but the A321Ts and 77Ws do
Old Apr 13, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fly747first
AA retired the 3-class 762s a long time ago... The 772s don't have F, but the A321Ts and 77Ws do
quite aware as the JFK-LAX transcon was my almost weekly commute from 2008-2011 before it became SFO-JFK but even so the fact that the a321t was intro'd somewhere around early 2014 is really not THAT long ago!
Old Apr 14, 2021, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VSLover
quite aware as the JFK-LAX transcon was my almost weekly commute from 2008-2011 before it became SFO-JFK but even so the fact that the a321t was intro'd somewhere around early 2014 is really not THAT long ago!
In aviation, 7 years is a long time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.