Wiki Posts
Search

Current Transcon F/J service?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2021, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by HiAperture
Sounds like the international premium economy kits were loaded, which all come together like that.
Right and this mistake is fairly common on AA these days
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by HiAperture
Sounds like the international premium economy kits were loaded, which all come together like that.
That makes sense now -- as the kit also included headphones and amenity kits; but they also gave us separate B&O headphones and amenity kit. So we got double (useless) amenity kit.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
That makes sense now -- as the kit also included headphones and amenity kits; but they also gave us separate B&O headphones and amenity kit. So we got double (useless) amenity kit.

F got the same. Ridiculous if so.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:41 am

Is there any kind of mattress pad/blanket combo one can buy that will actually fit into carry on and maybe allow me to sleep. I need to sleep on my upcoming Transcon red eye next week and I'm really worried now about no blanket/duvet/pillow in light of AA screwing this up so much recent.

FT turned me onto one of those small Usb powered fans which I use and love now so just wanted to ask about any bedding ideas? Dont see how I would have room in my bag though.

And also, any thoughts on Row 2, 3 or 4? I go back and forth on this plane. Day flight Row 2, sleep flight I think 3 is smarter.. Open to 4. 1 and 5 i find really noisy on this plane, at least pre covid. Both are quite close to their respective galleys.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 3:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Is there any kind of mattress pad/blanket combo one can buy that will actually fit into carry on and maybe allow me to sleep. I need to sleep on my upcoming Transcon red eye next week and I'm really worried now about no blanket/duvet/pillow in light of AA screwing this up so much recent...
You can always purchase the United Polaris bedding and bring it on your AA flight.
https://unitedshop.summitmg.com/unit...?dept_id=10000

-FlyerBeek
cmd320 and HiAperture like this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
F got the same. Ridiculous if so.
Last month, I did MIA LAX in F and only the F cabin had the smaller PE blankets and pillows ; J had absolutely nothing much to the shock of the poor purser who said he would write it up but that he doubted AA would listen as he is tired of having to report these things.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
You can always purchase the United Polaris bedding and bring it on your AA flight.
https://unitedshop.summitmg.com/unit...?dept_id=10000

-FlyerBeek
Too funny. Love it. I would totally do this. And the pajamas too !!!

Really though I dont think I could fit any kind of padded mattress type of thingy in my bag. Maybe a blanket sure but not the padding.

Hoping for bedding and I mean the real stuff not the silly nothing pillow & light small blanket.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:22 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
My assistant flew LAX-MIA J redeye and they didn’t load ANY blankets or pillows at all. She froze and didn’t sleep one wink, which was the whole point. She is now tired at the conference in Miami and annoyed. Good thing the MIA MO is super nice and let her check in early so she took a power nap before attending.

not happy at all for paid transcon premium J $1000. No excuse for no blankets/pillows especially on a red eye. Is this a new low? Not pleased to receive this angry picture... as it was me that told her to take the redeye

Last edited by SKYEG; Oct 22, 2021 at 1:29 pm
Old Oct 22, 2021, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by SKYEG
My assistant flew LAX-MIA J redeye and they didn’t load ANY blankets or pillows at all. She froze and didn’t sleep one wink, which was the whole point. She is now tired at the conference in Miami. Good thing the MIA MO is super nice and let her check in early so she took a power nap before attending.

not happy at all for paid transcon premium J $1000. No excuse for no blankets/pillows especially on a red eye. Is this a new low? Not pleased to receive this at all.

I need an Assistant who looks like that. Does she want to come LA ??? Those eyes !!

So lame on no blankets or pillows.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Oct 22, 2021 at 1:55 pm
Old Jul 12, 2022, 2:42 pm

Is there currently any difference in meal on the late evening departures from JFK-LAX. Pre Covid - these flights had a less substantial dinner service / no sundaes etc. Wondering if that is still the case?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.