Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current Transcon F/J service?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by DCAAlex
Some recent data points - specifically on the LAX - MIA red eye (11:45PM). This was in J on 77W a few days ago.

They served the usual dinner options despite showing online as brunch. No PBD but a pretty efficient crew.

Oddly enough the menus were printed on office paper vs. the normal card stock. Has anyone else ever seen this?
Flew the same route, same time, a few weeks ago and also got the regular dinner service. Menus were normal card stock.

Only issue is that it took about an hour before the food was served on what was only a 4 hr flight.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Just wondering, as May was my last Transcon, has anything changed? Is the sundae cart back? Cheese plate? Nicer salad? Soup course for F on Lax/Jfk? Or is just the same 1 option little nothing app and the various types of disgusting tarts for dessert? Is the bread still hard as a rock in plastic?

I know FL & FFD's will gradually begin to open in Sept but what about the food on the Transcon routes?
Old Aug 3, 2021, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Just wondering, as May was my last Transcon, has anything changed? Is the sundae cart back? Cheese plate? Nicer salad? Soup course for F on Lax/Jfk? Or is just the same 1 option little nothing app and the various types of disgusting tarts for dessert? Is the bread still hard as a rock in plastic?

I know FL & FFD's will gradually begin to open in Sept but what about the food on the Transcon routes?
Nope, nothing new at this point.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by cmd320
Nope, nothing new at this point.
And nothing downgraded (at least) except maybe the new amenity kits.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver

As of Sunday night JFK to LAX
1) No sundae cart, no cheese plate, no soup
2) Everything on one tray, however, I didn't find the chocolate tart disgusting. Did not think highly of it, but not disgusting
2) Bread softer than a rock, which is the best that you could say for it. It was still in plastic. Excellent to help you avoid carbs, but not quite the lacrosse ball as i had on LAX-JFK.
3) $7 per bottle wine served in F (at least the one I tried, spit out, and then did a price check).
4) Still charging for a decent drink in the Admiral's club. Snacks pretty standard , but I was expecting it.
5) And one channel out on the IFE.

I've been flying AS more, and I had a roll from them last month that was fresher than any I had from AA in 20 years of flying them. Actually one I would eat.

Last edited by beachfan; Aug 3, 2021 at 6:56 pm
Old Aug 3, 2021, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by beachfan
3) $7 per bottle wine served in F (at least the one I tried, spit out, and then did a price check).
This is one area where DL is actually competitive on a transcon vs. AA, they’re apparently pouring Duckhorn in D1. Not sure if that alone is worth ensuring D1 for though.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
This is one area where DL is actually competitive on a transcon vs. AA, they’re apparently pouring Duckhorn in D1. Not sure if that alone is worth ensuring D1 for though.
Good to know on the wine..... I stopped using DL for Transcon shortly after the switch to Jon & Vinny. Animal was good at first, their Italian/pizza joints are overrated but not bad. However, their catering was so bad. The salads and pastas were really bad Imo. For whatever reason it wasnt working for them as catering. Also, like 2018 they started streamling service. Now AA is streamlined also due to Covid so actually with better wine & generally better customer service I guess DL could make sense. Just that their seats are horrible on those 767's. Unless its the occasional 767-400.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 11:32 pm

Anyone who has done SNA-JFK since it has become an A321T premium route can you tell me how it was please. I am trying daily to check and find the same cost from LAX on the day I need but its not coming up and the date is nearing in. I am not happy about SNA for various reasons........Mainly, no FFCI (but thats not a huge deal I know) and also 30 more miles or so on the 405. Its a night flight though so traffic shouldnt be too bad.

I am very curious how the flight was- what was being served for "Snack or Brunch"? Also, is it FA's who are regulars on the A321T's and realize its a premium route and treat it as such or is just the regular SNA crew which would mean they have no experience at premium routes as this is the only one and its new.

Thanks
Old Sep 29, 2021, 1:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Anyone who has done SNA-JFK since it has become an A321T premium route can you tell me how it was please. I am trying daily to check and find the same cost from LAX on the day I need but its not coming up and the date is nearing in. I am not happy about SNA for various reasons........Mainly, no FFCI (but thats not a huge deal I know) and also 30 more miles or so on the 405. Its a night flight though so traffic shouldnt be too bad.

I am very curious how the flight was- what was being served for "Snack or Brunch"? Also, is it FA's who are regulars on the A321T's and realize its a premium route and treat it as such or is just the regular SNA crew which would mean they have no experience at premium routes as this is the only one and its new.

Thanks
Flew this route about 3 weeks ago. No preorder and I skipped dinner but if I recall there was a menu and full meals similar to other transcon Flagship First service. Maybe 2 people in the security line so not much benefit to (lack of) FFCI. No FL (they weren’t open anywhere at that point) but the SNA club was good and surprisingly quiet/empty (did people in J and F not know they had access?). Bedding provided. No idea if the FAs also serve the LAX-JFK routes as well but service seemed good although I didn’t use much (skipped the meal, didn’t use the bedding). I don’t think any FAs are based in SNA so my guess is it’s the same pool as other A321T flights. Drinks were plastic cups.

I’m closer to SNA and not having to deal with getting into LAX was also a big plus. My two gripes gripe were 1) I would have preferred a later departure to make it easier to sleep, but the SNA curfew makes that impossible, and 2) AA’s habit (on ALL Flagship services) of retrieving the headphones an hour before landing. Now that FL and FFD is opening up, I might choose LAX over SNA but it depends.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by hbtr
Flew this route about 3 weeks ago. No preorder and I skipped dinner but if I recall there was a menu and full meals similar to other transcon Flagship First service. Maybe 2 people in the security line so not much benefit to (lack of) FFCI. No FL (they weren’t open anywhere at that point) but the SNA club was good and surprisingly quiet/empty (did people in J and F not know they had access?). Bedding provided. No idea if the FAs also serve the LAX-JFK routes as well but service seemed good although I didn’t use much (skipped the meal, didn’t use the bedding). I don’t think any FAs are based in SNA so my guess is it’s the same pool as other A321T flights. Drinks were plastic cups.

I’m closer to SNA and not having to deal with getting into LAX was also a big plus. My two gripes gripe were 1) I would have preferred a later departure to make it easier to sleep, but the SNA curfew makes that impossible, and 2) AA’s habit (on ALL Flagship services) of retrieving the headphones an hour before landing. Now that FL and FFD is opening up, I might choose LAX over SNA but it depends.
Very helpful info, thanks...

If you're in the OC then this would be a perfect for you. I mean to avoid the 405. 405 and an extra 35-40 miles is why I am not looking forward to it. Glad to hear it had bedding and a meal. Do you recall if it was the normal menu with 4 choices or something limited due to the red eye?

Agree a later red eye is better. I go to bed very late so for me especially the 11pm from LAX. Even the 1235am from LA that runs on some days is great. To Miami I did a 130am over summer and loved it.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Very helpful info, thanks...

If you're in the OC then this would be a perfect for you. I mean to avoid the 405. 405 and an extra 35-40 miles is why I am not looking forward to it. Glad to hear it had bedding and a meal. Do you recall if it was the normal menu with 4 choices or something limited due to the red eye
The menu looked like other Flagship menus I have seen. I think there were 4 choices but I wasn’t going to eat so I didn’t pay close attention.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by hbtr
The menu looked like other Flagship menus I have seen. I think there were 4 choices but I wasn’t going to eat so I didn’t pay close attention.
Cool thx. So the red eyes are still doing dinner just showing as Snack online. I guess thats nice they arent cutting service for the red eye. But its still such a poor meal right now with no salad or soup and that horrible tart & hard as a rock roll. Probably a good thing you didnt eat.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:29 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Just flew LAX-JFK today in J on A321T. Was surprised to see that the blanket/pillows have been downgraded from the thicker Casper bedding to thin blankets like you would expect on a Y long-haul. Also on this flight, the amenity kit and headphones were bundled with the bedding in the plastic wrap. The headphones were also a downgrade -- no longer Bose or Bang & Olufsen -- but just generic AA branded. Not sure if this flight was a one-off or these are long term changes planned into this route. Anyone else with a similar experience?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Just flew LAX-JFK today in J on A321T. Was surprised to see that the blanket/pillows have been downgraded from the thicker Casper bedding to thin blankets like you would expect on a Y long-haul. Also on this flight, the amenity kit and headphones were bundled with the bedding in the plastic wrap. The headphones were also a downgrade -- no longer Bose or Bang & Olufsen -- but just generic AA branded. Not sure if this flight was a one-off or these are long term changes planned into this route. Anyone else with a similar experience?
Bedding has been hit and miss. First for LAX/MIA but now also reports of it on this route also. Total disgrace to give the thin blanket and nothing little pillow on this route.

By any chance did you see what F was given for bedding/pillow ??
Old Oct 5, 2021, 8:45 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Sounds like the international premium economy kits were loaded, which all come together like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.