Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can you access the Admirals Club when flying JetBlue

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you access the Admirals Club when flying JetBlue

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:38 am

nice

Thanks
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:18 pm

Programs: Avios, TrueBlue, FlyingBlue, Mileage Plan, Bonvoy, World of Hyatt, AAdvantage
After April 1st, can someone please verify that Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard holders (including non-primary card holders) can access this benefit?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:38 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ussvalor
After April 1st, can someone please verify that Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard holders (including non-primary card holders) can access this benefit?
I don’t believe any specifics have been released in writing regarding authorized users, but primary card holders are considered Admirals Club members.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 8:58 pm

The new announcement did not change the situation outlined below.

Originally Posted by troypozi
I was in this exact situation on Friday and was turned away at the Admirals Club. Sharing the data point as a warning for others, as I was pretty certain from I would be able to access the lounge before my flight:
JetBlue Mint, Flight 424 from LAX-JFK, where the Flagship lounge is still closed so it's only the AC in T4 and T5, where my flight was departing from. Specifically bought the ticket through American as I'm trying to re-up my status. Got my boarding pass at the JetBlue check-in counter, which noted "SOLD BY: AA 9476" in the lower left corner. After entering the lounge and presenting the boarding pass, I was asked if I was a member. I replied that I wasn't. They pretty curtly explained that I "had to be a member to come in." I explained that I was flying in First on an American ticket. They did some more digging in their system, found my name on a list but one said to the other "it didn't register, because he's not a member." They then told me again that I would have to have a membership to get in, because I was on a codeshare flight. They explained that if I was on an American flight to JFK or MIA in First or Business, I could come in without one, but JetBlue has to come in with a membership. They then pretty much rushed me out of there by saying "you're leaving soon anyway," with the implication being that I didn't need to use the lounge anyway? Pretty disappointing experience to start my trip. Also had to note that the Mint ticket was several hundred dollars more than Flagship Business (which would have come with lounge access) would have been. But I do have to note that the new JetBlue Mint suite and service was so far and beyond anything I've ever experienced on American (have flown transcon flagship First and Business many times with them), that I would consider forgoing lounge access just to have the better inflight product/experience with JetBlue in the future. I did file a complaint with American Customer Service, to which they responded with apologies but no miles or any other sort of compensation. They didn't acknowledge that it was a mistake of any kind either. Hopefully this is a detail they iron out as they continue the partnership with JetBlue, but for now I would just warn anyone expecting lounge access when flying JetBlue Mint on an American codeshare to adjust their expectations.

Last edited by Almar2000; Mar 27, 2022 at 8:59 pm Reason: Update.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:00 pm

Exactly my situation as of March 27 and still no access.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 9:49 pm
dw

Originally Posted by Almar2000
Exactly my situation as of March 27 and still no access.
It doesn’t take effect until 3/28 (which is actually earlier than the “April” date referenced in the press release last week).
njvandy likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 10:38 am
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
aa.com has been updated.

JetBlue-operated flights to Europe are excluded.

Platinum and up now get access if flying internationally on a B6-marketed / AA-operated flight (including to the Flagship Lounge if applicable).
dw likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
I'm sure this has probably been discussed, but I currently hold admirals club access through Alaska Lounge, does this mean I'll be able to access AC while flying on Jetblue, or is this only for AC/aadvantage?
Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:12 am
VFR

Originally Posted by itripreport
I'm sure this has probably been discussed, but I currently hold admirals club access through Alaska Lounge, does this mean I'll be able to access AC while flying on Jetblue, or is this only for AC/aadvantage?
The T&Cs on alaskaair.com say that you must be departing on a flight marketed and operated by AS or AA to access the Admirals Club. No dice for B6.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by itripreport
Doesn't appear like it. From the AS website:

Alaska Lounge+ members have access to Admirals Club locations when arriving or departing that day on Alaska Airlines or American Airlines *.

* Flight must be marketed by Alaska Airlines or American Airlines and must be operated by Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, or a regional affiliate.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 11:16 am
dw

Originally Posted by VFR
aa.com has been updated.

JetBlue-operated flights to Europe are excluded.

Platinum and up now get access if flying internationally on a B6-marketed / AA-operated flight (including to the Flagship Lounge if applicable).
Hopefully they will update the guest language as well, seems to have been missed:

Guest access

Immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18) or up to 2 guests. Guests must be accompanied by the eligible member and present boarding pass for same-day travel on American or any oneworld® airline.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:38 pm

Hi everyone, I'm flying next week (4/20) on JetBlue Mint JFK-SEA. Flight is sold/marketed by AA as a codeshare and I'm an EXP. If I wanted to take the shuttle bus from T5 to T8, would I be admitted to either the AC or the FL? Would my companion (who is Gold)?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by danwer930
Hi everyone, I'm flying next week (4/20) on JetBlue Mint JFK-SEA. Flight is sold/marketed by AA as a codeshare and I'm an EXP. If I wanted to take the shuttle bus from T5 to T8, would I be admitted to either the AC or the FL? Would my companion (who is Gold)?

Thanks in advance.

You won’t be allowed to board the shuttle bus. They check for a boarding pass departing from the destination terminal. You could leave security and take the AirTrain, but then you’d have to clear security multiple times.
dw likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:54 pm
dw

Originally Posted by ESpen36
You won’t be allowed to board the shuttle bus. They check for a boarding pass departing from the destination terminal. You could leave security and take the AirTrain, but then you’d have to clear security multiple times.
And not worth it at all for the AC
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:10 pm
VFR

Originally Posted by danwer930

Thanks in advance.
If you have an Admirals Club membership, you could access the Admirals Club with two guests.

Aside from that, JetBlue Mint does not provide any lounge access, nor does EXP traveling on a domestic flight (even premium transcons).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.