Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage 40th Anniversary Contest

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2021, 3:52 am

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
What a waste of time - I'm at the office early this morning so I tried my luck with 8 spins. The site was super slow and I won a grand total of 80 AAdvantage miles that take 6-8 weeks to post. LOL. That'll put me over the top for 1MM
Old Apr 27, 2021, 5:02 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by username
I have not won anything the last 2 days. Maybe I should have bought the lotto when I had the luck last week.
Got goose eggs today, but I did win the lotto last month! $484 in a Mega Millions draw. I had four out of five numbers. The kicker? The last number was off by TWO! And that’s why I haven’t been cleaning up here (or any other AA promo). SMH.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 5:49 am

"Destination Off Course" on all eight spins this morning. At least they could have thrown me 40 miles.
CodeAdam10 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I've only won stuff late in evening/early in morning. Never during the day. That seems to be the key.
Sky Dreamer likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by TTT103
"Destination Off Course" on all eight spins this morning. At least they could have thrown me 40 miles.
Papa Parker says NOOOOOO lol
TTT103 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Wife and I are 1/18 this week.
-20% off "parcipating" Hyatt properties.

Originally Posted by wahooflyer
That'll put me over the top for 1MM
I really want this to be true because it would be a hilarous story for how you hit 1MM.
wahooflyer likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 4:24 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K/ One World Emerald
Did anyone else get that awful quiz today? I had to answer like 8 questions to get 1 free spin...ugh I hope it's a one time thing. Anyone know if we have to get them right or can I answer whatever the heck I want? All that work to get no prizes.
wahooflyer likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Sky Dreamer
Did anyone else get that awful quiz today? I had to answer like 8 questions to get 1 free spin...
For those looking to not (unintentionally) torture yourselves, like our friend Sky Dreamer (as I did as well), answers are upthread.
Single_Flyer and Sky Dreamer like this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
If they set up as elites are getting the miles prizes, then non elites will have less chance to get those prizes, with the prizes that are non transferable, it is to deter anyone end up selling those prizes on eBay.
While non-elites would have less chance of getting the mileage prizes, they would have a greater chance of getting the preferred/MCE seat upgrade, which is of more value.

As for the transferability, I get why it’s non-transferable, but giving someone a worthless (to them) prize which can’t be transferred is the same as giving them nothing. The only one who benefits from that scenario is AA as they never have to recognize the value of the award.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
While non-elites would have less chance of getting the mileage prizes, they would have a greater chance of getting the preferred/MCE seat upgrade, which is of more value.
- ? I won preferred seat selection... very useful for the lifetime PLT!
Old Apr 27, 2021, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
How do you know non elites would want preferred/MCE seat upgrade more than the mileage prizes ? Lol. From my non elites friends that I know that are participate in this spinning the globe promo, they want the mileage prizes as much as we do over preferred/MCE upgrade, even they know the value is low compare to miles.

And I don't know why you said there is more value for both preferred and MCE seats, preferred is only closer to the front but still behind MCE seats with no added legroom, even the number of MCE seats on AA are much fewer compare to UA E+, for me I would definitely don't want MCE if all are left are middles but rather sit further back for a window or aisle.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Apr 27, 2021 at 10:38 pm
Old Apr 27, 2021, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
"Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later." grr
Old Apr 27, 2021, 11:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Alex_I
As lifetime PLT, you already get free preferred and MCE seats. Not sure how winning a preferred seat is useful.

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
How do you know non elites would want preferred/MCE seat upgrade more than the mileage prizes ? Lol. From my non elites friends that I know that are participate in this spinning the globe promo, they want the mileage prizes as much as we do over preferred/MCE upgrade, even they know the value is low compare to miles.

And I don't know why you said there is more value for both preferred and MCE seats, preferred is only closer to the front but still behind MCE seats with no added legroom, even the number of MCE seats on AA are much fewer compare to UA E+, for me I would definitely don't want MCE if all are left are middles but rather sit further back for a window or aisle.
Fair enough, but nonetheless it is a slap in the face to give preferred seat awards to any elite and MCE awards to anyone PLT or above as they have no value and only serve to allow AA to not have to recognize the value of the award.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 2:44 am

How are they going to execute some of these prizes such as preferred seats, day passes etc, simply applied online to our AAdvantage profile?
Old Apr 28, 2021, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Alex_I
As lifetime PLT, you already get free preferred and MCE seats. Not sure how winning a preferred seat is useful.
Your sarcasm detector needs tuning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.