Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American and Alaska / AS earnings and elite benefits as of 31 Mar 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American and Alaska / AS earnings and elite benefits as of 31 Mar 2021

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2021, 4:14 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
I used AS miles for a trip and the booking agent ensured that my EXP is on the record rather than my lowly MVP status. Where do I see confirmation that I’m on waitlists for Prem and First on the AS app or website?
Old Apr 16, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
I used AS miles for a trip and the booking agent ensured that my EXP is on the record rather than my lowly MVP status. Where do I see confirmation that I’m on waitlists for Prem and First on the AS app or website?
Click your name on the reservation, and underneath your name it should say "Waitlisted for First Class", be weary if you are in an exit row, it won't say "Waitlisted for Premium Class" as AS doesn't UG to PE from the exit rows. Granted you will need to check what FFN is attached, and most likely it will be your AS, rendering your EXP status not valid.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Decided to take a quick weekend trip to Seattle. In looking at schedules to Seattle from the Ventura County area, I realized I could use Santa Barbara Airport and Alaska Airlines instead of making the trek to LAX. SBA and LAX are about equidistant from my home so I found it enticing to try a new airline and a new airport all in one trip. Was able to book seat 4A on AS flight 2075 on the outbound and seat 3A on AS flight 2420 on the return. Since AS is now a member of oneworld, I was able to credit the trip to my AAdvantage account. Both flights are operated by Horizon Air and utilize the Embraer 175. When making the booking, I noticed that I could select my meal for both flights. The drive to SBA from my home took about one hour and was stress-free and quite scenic. SBA is a time-warp of an airport and looks more like a mission style train station than an airport. From parking my car to sitting down at the gate took less than five minutes. I was pleasantly surprised to see that SBA has PreCheck and was through security in a flash. While there are no airline clubs, there are a Peet’s Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, a sit-down cantina, and a newsstand.

In my estimation, the lack of an Admirals Club is more than made up for by the serenity and stress-free environment of the entire airport. There are five gates in the terminal area, and it seems like AA uses gates 1 and 2 and UA, AS, and WN share gates 3, 4, and 5. Flight 2075 left on time and arrived early at Seattle. The flight attendant came by my seat and thanked me for being an emerald elite with oneworld. The food service was significantly better on Alaska for a flight of this duration compared to AA. My pre-selected turkey sandwich was pretty good and there was even a hot chocolate chip cookie served before landing. I may just change my base airport with AA from LAX to SBA. AA has a daily flight around 12:30 PM to DFW from SBA and from DFW I can get just about anywhere in the AA system.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 9:31 pm

If I was to book an AS codeshare on aa.com, as an EXP, would I be eligible for an upgrade?
Explore likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by dawson444
If I was to book an AS codeshare on aa.com, as an EXP, would I be eligible for an upgrade?
I've not been able to find AS showing up in the AA app for a fight I've to consider: OAK-PDX. (abet the flight is operated by AlaskaHorizon as well as AA no longer flying out of OAK). I just want "confirmation/assurance" I'll get AA credit; Hence my reason for searching AA.com.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
I've not been able to find AS showing up in the AA app for a fight I've to consider: OAK-PDX. (abet the flight is operated by AlaskaHorizon as well as AA no longer flying out of OAK). I just want "confirmation/assurance" I'll get AA credit; Hence my reason for searching AA.com.
Depending on price and fare class, could be better to book on AS but credit to AA. AS F fares are very competitive and can be worth far more in EQD, EQM, and RDM vs. booking on AA flight number. Bonus for AS lounge access in paid F.
Zacnlinc and Tack like this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 1:09 pm

what is the upgrade window for exps to FC on alaska?
Old Apr 28, 2021, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
what is the upgrade window for exps to FC on alaska?
Should be the same as 75Ks, 5 days, but you will be processed after every other 75k.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 7:16 pm

Does any other EXP have an issue selecting a PE seat on AS after purchasing the ticket? This is the third time in a month it keeps wanting to charge me.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 7:28 pm

Anyone have an issue getting PE seats after purchasing a ticket? It keeps asking for payment when I go back into the reservation, and this isn't the first time.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by perigord
Depending on price and fare class, could be better to book on AS but credit to AA. AS F fares are very competitive and can be worth far more in EQD, EQM, and RDM vs. booking on AA flight number. Bonus for AS lounge access in paid F.
Great advice! I’ve moved some premium flying to AS this year. LAX-EWR/JFK a couple of times and AS LAX-ANC. Total cost for all three rt FC flights? 1900.00. Total EQD’s earned? $4385.00 I’ll requal for EP by June and I’ve got a ton of AA flying left. AS is a great alternative. And their FC, though domestic is pretty decent.
econ likes this.

Last edited by Tack; Apr 28, 2021 at 9:47 pm
Old Apr 28, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by safari ari
Anyone have an issue getting PE seats after purchasing a ticket? It keeps asking for payment when I go back into the reservation, and this isn't the first time.
I called in to get Premium Class seats for me and a companion on a flight I booked with Alaska miles. I didn’t see any way to attach my AA number during Alaska award booking process (may be different for cash flights). There wasn’t any pushback that AA EXP could get Premium Class seats, only how to do it. Took about 30 minutes on hold, but finally had the seats assigned.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Ivan Denisovich
I called in to get Premium Class seats for me and a companion on a flight I booked with Alaska miles. I didn’t see any way to attach my AA number during Alaska award booking process (may be different for cash flights). There wasn’t any pushback that AA EXP could get Premium Class seats, only how to do it. Took about 30 minutes on hold, but finally had the seats assigned.
I did this the last two times, even when I had entered my AA number from booking. My issue and current concern is that because the system isn't recognizing my AA status after booking, my queue on the UG list won't stick either. This happened to me beforehand, where I most likely should've been upgraded but wasn't and on a different flight I had to call in within my UG window when there was plenty of U space. In theory, all is fine to use the chat/twitter/call to get my seat, but I will have to watch the fare buckets and call in for that as well.
Ivan Denisovich likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Ivan Denisovich
I did this the last two times, even when I had entered my AA number from booking. My issue and current concern is that because the system isn't recognizing my AA status after booking, my queue on the UG list won't stick either. This happened to me beforehand, where I most likely should've been upgraded but wasn't and on a different flight I had to call in within my UG window when there was plenty of U space. In theory, all is fine to use the chat/twitter/call to get my seat, but I will have to watch the fare buckets and call in for that as well.
Follow-up, so I chatted with an agent, and they first said I could only be waitlisted for F/PE and assigned within 24 hours. I then referenced the AA website again, stating that EXP is treated as a 75K. She went back and corrected that I should have access right away. Not sure if this was just a confusion between the different "platinums", similarly on the first day of this cooperation I received similar pushback and referenced the same url.
Old Apr 28, 2021, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Follow-up, so I chatted with an agent, and they first said I could only be waitlisted for F/PE and assigned within 24 hours. I then referenced the AA website again, stating that EXP is treated as a 75K. She went back and corrected that I should have access right away. Not sure if this was just a confusion between the different "platinums", similarly on the first day of this cooperation I received similar pushback and referenced the same url.
When I last called to have my AA FFN added to an AS award booking, I got an email several hours later that I was upgraded to Premium Class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.