Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American and Alaska / AS earnings and elite benefits as of 31 Mar 2021

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American and Alaska / AS earnings and elite benefits as of 31 Mar 2021

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2022, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
You will earn LP's based on the flight distance and booking code, per the tables at aa.com, no different than any other partner carrier.

So for a SMF-SEA booking in C/D/I you would earn:

606 base miles/LP's
303 cabin bonus (606 x 50%)
485 elite status mileage bonus (606 x 80% for PLT Pro)
1,395 LP/RDM total

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...a-airlines.jsp
Old Sep 21, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You will earn LP's based on the flight distance and booking code, per the tables at aa.com, no different than any other partner carrier.

So for a SMF-SEA booking in C/D/I you would earn:

606 base miles/LP's
303 cabin bonus (606 x 50%)
485 elite status mileage bonus (606 x 80% for PLT Pro)
1,395 LP/RDM total

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...a-airlines.jsp
Do the AS segments count towards the 30 segment goal? I don't see it referenced on the website.
Old Sep 21, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Rebob
Do the AS segments count towards the 30 segment goal?
Yes. All (paid) partner segments count.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
AA Exec Plat, booking on AA.com with AA codeshare flight on AS metal in economy with 1 companion with no status.

Will we both be able to pick premium cabin after ticketing? And will we both then be on the upgrade list for first?

TIA
Old Dec 11, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
AA Exec Plat, booking on AA.com with AA codeshare flight on AS metal in economy with 1 companion with no status.

Will we both be able to pick premium cabin after ticketing? And will we both then be on the upgrade list for first?

TIA
Yes and yes. You will have to go to the AS website/app to select your premium seats once you have your AS PNR. Upgrade list for you +1 companion will be automatic, though there is nowhere to see it until the day before departure.
Infinite1K likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
And will we both then be on the upgrade list for first?
Originally Posted by njvandy
Upgrade list for you +1 companion will be automatic, though there is nowhere to see it until the day before departure.
Can't see the position on the list until day before, but I've always at least seen a message when viewing the reservation on AS that I'm waitlisted.
Infinite1K likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Is there a way to force flights to AS when redeeming AA miles, or do you have to just take whatever the search on aa.com comes up with (which is mostly AA flights)?

Got a ton of miles I need to burn, but have no desire to set foot on an AA plane again. I'll burn some for international travel on partner airlines, but would be nice to book a few flights on AS using my AA miles.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Is there a way to force flights to AS when redeeming AA miles, or do you have to just take whatever the search on aa.com comes up with (which is mostly AA flights)?

Got a ton of miles I need to burn, but have no desire to set foot on an AA plane again. I'll burn some for international travel on partner airlines, but would be nice to book a few flights on AS using my AA miles.
If AS has availability it will be 12.5k for economy or 25k for first. So you can sort the results by mile amount and look for those.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by HiAperture
If AS has availability it will be 12.5k for economy or 25k for first. So you can sort the results by mile amount and look for those.
I'll gladly pay those rates. So the only way is to search and hope it shows up.. no way to force results on AS?
Old Dec 17, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Newly qualified EXP, previously PPro…

I’m on my usual SFO-PDX trip and have been showing up as waitlisted for first class ever since ticketing. Outbound last night we were 1 & 2 on the list but no one cleared. The return for 4 days later was also showing as not cleared and we never received an upgrade notification, but when I went to look at the seats it let me pick FC seats. So might be worth checking seat assignments in the days leading up to an Alaska flight.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I'll gladly pay those rates. So the only way is to search and hope it shows up.. no way to force results on AS?
But be really careful with that 25K F availability - often when you click on in you get the "mixed cabin" message, F will usually be our flight EUG/SEA, then Y to wherever. No thanks.
SFflyer20 likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:06 pm

AS Seat Selection on Advantage Award Ticket

As an Advantage Platinum, am I eligible for preferred seating for me and my non-elite companion on an Advantage award ticket on an Alaska Airlines flight?
Old Dec 31, 2022, 12:18 pm

I am AA Plat, looking at a trip next year with the first leg on AA and second leg on AS.

I will have two people with me, I can book them as part of my trip if it matters.

I see we get benefits, mainly looking at free checked bags and Y+ seating for free.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...a-airlines.jsp

Question - does this apply only for me as the Plat member, or would it extend to the others (with no status) on my reservation as well?
Old Dec 31, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I am AA Plat, looking at a trip next year with the first leg on AA and second leg on AS.

I will have two people with me, I can book them as part of my trip if it matters.

I see we get benefits, mainly looking at free checked bags and Y+ seating for free.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...a-airlines.jsp

Question - does this apply only for me as the Plat member, or would it extend to the others (with no status) on my reservation as well?

AA Platinum = AS MVPG. You are only eligible for Premium Class seating if you have a maximum of 2 pax in the PNR, yourself & 1 companion.

James
Old Jan 4, 2023, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun

AA Platinum = AS MVPG. You are only eligible for Premium Class seating if you have a maximum of 2 pax in the PNR, yourself & 1 companion.

James
Is there a link where this is documented?
Not trying to upgrade to F (at least beyond myself) - and OK if I get stuck in Y+ with the other 2 - but is this saying that I fall back to nobody status if I have 3 people including myself?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.