Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Funny or Craziest AA EQ Mileage Run Done or Planned

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,

Here is the my craziest Mileage Run (KTM-HKG-DFW-LAX-JFK-MIA) with only few hours break and immediate Return trip. Done 3 times in 1 month in 2018 and 2 times in 2019. Please share your craziest or funny mileage run.

Admin : if something similar post already exists please merger this post
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
MRs were much more important back when it was EQMs only. I did two LGA/ORD/FRA (back in 2009 when there was a DEQM promotion going) on all with a same day turn. Also did a same day turn LGA/HNL and LGA/ANC around that time. The ORD/FRA flight which was pretty empty was half full of FTers.

Nowadays I travel to places for fun not just to go there and back and never leave the airport. With business travel in the toilet hotel deals are incredibly cheap.
rajhyd99 likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Over a 14 day period in 2012:
RDU-DFW-MIA-MAD-JFK-IND-ORD-PEK
Stayed in Asia 4 nights
NRT-JFK-LHR-MAD
Stayed in Madrid 1 night
MAD-DFW-RDU
Stayed in RDU for 3 nights
RDU-DFW-MAD
Stayed in Europe 4 nights
MAD-DFW-RDU

I managed to book all 16 segments under the same PNR at aa.com which was very confused and mis-calculated fuel surcharges resulting in a fare of $1200 for everything in economy. All but one MAD-DFW upgraded with SWUs and a DEQM promo to boot for 90k EQM.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXEP 2MM, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Avis President Club, Marriot gold,Emerald Exec,
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Stayed in Asia 4 nights
NRT-JFK-LHR-MAD
Stayed in Madrid 1 night
MAD-DFW-RDU
RDU-DFW-MAD
MAD-DFW-RDU

I managed to book all 16 segments under the same PNR at aa.com which was very confused and mis-calculated fuel surcharges resulting in a fare of $1200 for everything in economy. All but one MAD-DFW upgraded with SWUs and a DEQM promo to boot for 90k EQM.
Really Nice. Not sure but I have not seen Double EQM promo anymore now-a-days
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MiamiAirport Formerly NY George
MRs were much more important back when it was EQMs only. I did two LGA/ORD/FRA (back in 2009 when there was a DEQM promotion going) on all with a same day turn. Also did a same day turn LGA/HNL and LGA/ANC around that time. The ORD/FRA flight which was pretty empty was half full of FTers.

Nowadays I travel to places for fun not just to go there and back and never leave the airport. With business travel in the toilet hotel deals are incredibly cheap.
Yes I have done one time quick return DFW/MIA-LAX-ANC few years back.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:14 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Yep...

BWI=>CLT=>DFW=>PHX=>ANC

on the ground 90 minutes in ANC and then came back the same way....all this on US Air when I was trying to keep Chairman for the upgrade certs for a trip to VCE.

Did that 3 times in a week (Mon, Wed, Fri). I will never, ever do that again, even to save $10 grand on business seats. Spent I think $1800 all in to save $10K.

YMMV
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
not crazy just silly. I once flew phx-sfo-iah just so I could eat at sfo soup company.
HNL1K, rajhyd99, jhalapin and 4 others like this.

Last edited by enviroian; Mar 30, 2021 at 11:23 am
Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
not crazy just silly. I once flew phx-sfo-iah just so I could eat at sfo soup company.
we can call that fun trip
Old Mar 30, 2021, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT, IHG Spire
I have done a couple segment hopping trips to keep my status, although I usually turned work trips from a one stop into three when doing that so is wasn't purely segment running. TYS-CLT-LGA-DCA-BUF was one trip I made and I think I got upgraded to first for almost all of the flights.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
2009 Triple EQMs lead me to LGA-ORD-MSN-ORD-DUB-ORD-MSN-ORD-LGA on a Saturday/Sunday 36 hour trip, all in Y for under $300 or 400... memories...
deeruck, rajhyd99, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by enviroian

Couple of months ago I flew the wife and I to DFW to have BBQ for lunch on a Saturday. In in the morning and out in the evening.

Not silly at all.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Stayed in Asia 4 nights
NRT-JFK-LHR-MAD
Stayed in Madrid 1 night
MAD-DFW-RDU
RDU-DFW-MAD
MAD-DFW-RDU

Was this when RDU had triple miles (So, some elites got 4 x distance in RDMs) That gave me the big push to 2 MM... For the newbies, everything counted toward MM status back then, even bonuses
I remember a triple mileage bonus (plus that 1x bonus for my elite status) from RDU, BNA, and others. So, you could start a ticket in RDU, and add segments to increase your mileage.. and some flights were cheap, because AA was trying to cut losses by making it up in volume. I remember part of a trip going RDU to SJU via SEA. I don't remember all of the flights for that one.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 5:53 pm
Suspended

I did a bunch of those ALG-MAD-LHR-LAX-JFK-MAD-ALG MR back in the day in J sold through IB, a lot of the AY JFK-HEL-HKG/SIN-HEL-JFK, I think i combined the AY J run with an AA J deal MEX-DFW-HKG-DFW-MEX. I remember getting into MEX and deeply regretting going not having more down time in between flights haha.
rajhyd99 and atbPy like this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
I haven't gotten to the level of international travel for MR yet and my status the last few years I gained it have been from segments. Most unnecessary segments were CMH-DCA-LGA-ORD. Longest way to get someplace was CMH-MIA-DFW-SFO. However this did get me an upgrade on a 777 from MIA-DFW so I was happy about that. It made for an extremely long day, but well worth it.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 6:54 pm

We had this ticketed but a schedule change that prevented our goal caused us to cancel the flights:
Based on the old Steve Miller song "Rock'n Me", all flights was going to take 2 days...PHX - SEA - PHL - ATL - LAX...as the lyrics were: "I went from Phoenix Arizona, All the way to Tacoma, Philadelphia, Atlanta, L.A." Just something we wanted to do for fun and after this reservation cancelled out, just haven't tried to put it together again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.