Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

777-300 DFW-HNL 1st Class Rows 1 & 2 blocked?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2021, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond

Some of the flights in May show the 777-300 being used instead of the 777-200. The 300 has two 1st class rows, followed by the business cabin. Anyone know if you can actually purchase row 1 or 2? They all seem to be blocked off as far as I can tell. They have had many IROPs with the 200 so maybe that's why they are subbing in the 300?
Old Mar 24, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I think you're seeing occupied seats rather than blocked seats; the only seat showing blocked is 1A on the return HNL-DFW.
I personally had no trouble selecting 2A on my 77W DFW-HNL leg in May (AA isn't selling F as a separate cabin, so it's first come first serve for those with J tickets).

While all the FC seats have been taken on most flights I checked, there are still some with availability - e.g. HNL-DFW on 5/9.
D3Kingg likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 7:18 am

Programs: American Airlines, Hilton
I got 1J on May 6th DFW-HNL!
Old Mar 25, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: AA EX PLAT
Somewhat related but not. Waiting on a SWU to clear HNL/DFW on April 14 and they changed equipment to a 787.
Any truth to the rumor that we get PE seats for free on the day of departure?
Old Mar 25, 2021, 8:48 am
Suspended

Programs: ,united 1k, AA EXP, HH Diamond,BA gold, Hyatt globalist
The program when it started allowed exp/ck to get free premium economy day of departure on all international routes. Plat pro got it on hawai routes. We have so little data to know if it’s still around.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 9:10 am

Programs: AA PPro
Not blocked, just occupied by people in the know who were quicker on the draw. Keep checking your seat map (or set an alert if you have expert flyer), never know when someone might change plans. I was able to score two seats in row 1 after booking when I noticed someone vacated them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.