Bus at JFK to connect T5 and T8

Old Mar 14, 2021, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Bus at JFK to connect T5 and T8

View from the Wing is reporting that there will now be airside connections for B6/AA pax at JFK!

https://viewfromthewing.com/6-insigh...ine-employees/
Old Mar 14, 2021, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
With the AA/B6 partnership, this makes sense and is a good add.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 6:46 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Looking at Google Maps, I'm guessing the bus will just drive on Perimeter Road, possibly from a T8C gate. Probably will take 5 - 10 min once everyone's on the bus to get to T5.

AA/B6 aren't really selling connecting itineraries through JFK yet, though it will be necessary to feed the AA international flights. It's interesting that B6 can't yet codeshare on Eagle flights yet.

I wonder if a connecting bus for BOS is in the works for the 6 months before the B-C connector is scheduled to be finished (and even then, a connection would be a long walk).
Old Mar 14, 2021, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by VFR
It's interesting that B6 can't yet codeshare on Eagle flights yet.
There is no longer any Envoy (dba American Eagle) presence at JFK.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Hopefully this means that if a OW Sapphire/Emerald, or AC member, is coming off an AA intl flight and connecting onto a domestic B6 flight, they can re-enter security at T-8 and use the lounges there. Then take the shuttle bus to T-5.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: Independent
If I book an AA flight, and then have a B6 flight, but booked on a seperate ticket, can I use the shuttle? Or does it have to be on the same itinerary?
Old Sep 28, 2021, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EP
Wouldn’t they be having to connect to a ow marketed and operated flight to be able to use the lounge? B6 is not oneworld

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Hopefully this means that if a OW Sapphire/Emerald, or AC member, is coming off an AA intl flight and connecting onto a domestic B6 flight, they can re-enter security at T-8 and use the lounges there. Then take the shuttle bus to T-5.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 7:19 am
VFR

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Wouldn’t they be having to connect to a ow marketed and operated flight to be able to use the lounge? B6 is not oneworld
It depends on how you get access.

- oneworld Sapphire/Emerald requires you to be departing on a flight both marketed and operated by a oneworld airline, so no access.
- International (or transcontinental) AA business/first class gets you lounge access on both departure and arrival, so you get Flagship Lounge access.
- Admirals Club members get access on both departure and arrival of an AA-marketed, AA-operated, or oneworld marketed and operated flight, so you get Admirals Club access.

Hopefully one of the reciprocal benefits is allowing Admirals Club members to use memberships when flying B6-marketed flights. It's possible that AA carves out an exception for AAdvantage members connecting from INTL onto B6 at some point as well.
ESpen36 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Is this shuttle running now? I haven't seen it.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by VFR
It depends on how you get access.

- oneworld Sapphire/Emerald requires you to be departing on a flight both marketed and operated by a oneworld airline, so no access.
- International (or transcontinental) AA business/first class gets you lounge access on both departure and arrival, so you get Flagship Lounge access.
- Admirals Club members get access on both departure and arrival of an AA-marketed, AA-operated, or oneworld marketed and operated flight, so you get Admirals Club access.

Hopefully one of the reciprocal benefits is allowing Admirals Club members to use memberships when flying B6-marketed flights. It's possible that AA carves out an exception for AAdvantage members connecting from INTL onto B6 at some point as well.

teemuflyer Check this out.... I know you gave me tips/updates recently, but this post seems to indicate I "might" have access to some sort of AC club benefits....

For the mob...

I will be traveling on B6 nonstop SFO-JFK-SFO in F. I am an AC member... If time permits (and allowed), I will visit AC/FL at SFO/JFK respectively. Again... It's just a post to get feedback as to perhaps what to expect, if anything, before showing up at SFO/JFK next week. I'm still confused indeed...

Thanks in advance Peeps.

ps.. Will be looking for signage/assistance with the shuttle indeed as now I have to head to DCA upon landing at JFK to only return to JFK to take care of business in NYC "later".
Old Sep 28, 2021, 7:37 pm
VFR

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
teemuflyer Check this out.... I know you gave me tips/updates recently, but this post seems to indicate I "might" have access to some sort of AC club benefits....

For the mob...

I will be traveling on B6 nonstop SFO-JFK-SFO in F. I am an AC member... If time permits (and allowed), I will visit AC/FL at SFO/JFK respectively. Again... It's just a post to get feedback as to perhaps what to expect, if anything, before showing up at SFO/JFK next week. I'm still confused indeed...

Thanks in advance Peeps.
Did you buy the AA* codeshare operated by B6 (e.g. your ticket says AA 9100 operated by JetBlue) or did you buy the B6-marketed flight (e.g. your ticket says B6 15)?
Old Sep 28, 2021, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by donotblink
Is this shuttle running now? I haven't seen it.
Yes. The bus runs throughout the day. It's at "Gate 13," which is a podium located at the bridge between concourses B and C, across from the shoe shine station.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cloudship
If I book an AA flight, and then have a B6 flight, but booked on a seperate ticket, can I use the shuttle? Or does it have to be on the same itinerary?
It can be two separate itineraries, as long as you have the onward B6 boarding pass in hand when you show up to board the shuttle bus. If you don't have a same-day B6 boarding pass, you will need to go landside, ride the AirTrain to Terminal 5, check in, get a boarding pass, and clear security there.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by VFR
Did you buy the AA* codeshare operated by B6 (e.g. your ticket says AA 9100 operated by JetBlue) or did you buy the B6-marketed flight (e.g. your ticket says B6 15)?
Thanks for the timely reply.... I will be on AA9368 outbound SFO and AA9354 inbound SFO.
Old Sep 28, 2021, 8:40 pm
VFR

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Thanks for the timely reply.... I will be on AA9368 outbound SFO and AA9354 inbound SFO.
As an AC member, you will have access in SFO and JFK.

The B6 paper boarding pass says "Sold By: AA 0000" in the lower left corner. I've only used a B6 boarding pass for access in DEN, and the agents apparently hadn't encountered it before, but they did let me in when they found out it was an AA flight number.
Zacnlinc and donotblink like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.