Bus at JFK to connect T5 and T8

Old Oct 29, 2023, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by S80
Now being reported that the T5-T8 bus will operate its final run at 11pm local on Tuesday (October 31st).

https://viewfromthewing.com/american...benefits-axed/
RIP
Amazing it lasted this long tbh. I really enjoyed and took advantage of that bus while we had it.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Should we do a halloween themed DO on the last bus :P?
S80 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 1:00 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by donotblink
Should we do a halloween themed DO on the last bus :P?
The buses are still wrapped with the JetBlue NEA and Doha flight decals, which can be already considered spooky, so it would just match the theme!
lowfareair likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: Booking.com VIP3/Agoda Platinum/Hotels.com Silver
How long does it take to transfer from T5 to T8 now that the bus is gone?
I have a flight at 9am from JFK T8 next week, but I still need to fly from my city to JFK. The earliest flight arrives at 7:17am, not sure if it's enough or I need to get there the previous night..
Old Nov 3, 2023, 11:59 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lanslort
How long does it take to transfer from T5 to T8 now that the bus is gone?
I have a flight at 9am from JFK T8 next week, but I still need to fly from my city to JFK. The earliest flight arrives at 7:17am, not sure if it's enough or I need to get there the previous night..
About the same time via the airtrain, plus however long security takes. I wouldn't do that connection unless I had precheck.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: Independent
Originally Posted by S80
About the same time via the airtrain, plus however long security takes. I wouldn't do that connection unless I had precheck.
Domestic or international? Assuming you don't have a flight delay, that should be enough for a domestic flight. It will be a little closer if international and you need to deal with checking lots of luggage internationally. It would definitely help if you have pre-check, but it could be done.
lrdpenn likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.