Bus at JFK to connect T5 and T8

Old Oct 29, 2023, 9:01 pm
  #91  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 249
Originally Posted by S80
Now being reported that the T5-T8 bus will operate its final run at 11pm local on Tuesday (October 31st).

https://viewfromthewing.com/american...benefits-axed/
RIP
Amazing it lasted this long tbh. I really enjoyed and took advantage of that bus while we had it.
lunchtime is offline  
Old Oct 30, 2023, 12:59 am
  #92  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New York City + Vail, CO
Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Posts: 3,191
Should we do a halloween themed DO on the last bus :P?
S80 likes this.
donotblink is offline  
Old Oct 30, 2023, 1:00 am
  #93  
S80
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: ORD/LHR
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,093
Originally Posted by donotblink
Should we do a halloween themed DO on the last bus :P?
The buses are still wrapped with the JetBlue NEA and Doha flight decals, which can be already considered spooky, so it would just match the theme!
lowfareair likes this.
S80 is offline  
Old Nov 3, 2023, 11:17 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: IAD
Programs: Booking.com VIP3/Agoda Platinum/Hotels.com Silver
Posts: 28
How long does it take to transfer from T5 to T8 now that the bus is gone?
I have a flight at 9am from JFK T8 next week, but I still need to fly from my city to JFK. The earliest flight arrives at 7:17am, not sure if it's enough or I need to get there the previous night..
lanslort is offline  
Old Nov 3, 2023, 11:59 am
  #95  
S80
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: ORD/LHR
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,093
Originally Posted by lanslort
How long does it take to transfer from T5 to T8 now that the bus is gone?
I have a flight at 9am from JFK T8 next week, but I still need to fly from my city to JFK. The earliest flight arrives at 7:17am, not sure if it's enough or I need to get there the previous night..
About the same time via the airtrain, plus however long security takes. I wouldn't do that connection unless I had precheck.
S80 is offline  
Old Nov 3, 2023, 1:21 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Central Mass
Programs: Independent
Posts: 4,823
Originally Posted by S80
About the same time via the airtrain, plus however long security takes. I wouldn't do that connection unless I had precheck.
Domestic or international? Assuming you don't have a flight delay, that should be enough for a domestic flight. It will be a little closer if international and you need to deal with checking lots of luggage internationally. It would definitely help if you have pre-check, but it could be done.
lrdpenn likes this.
Cloudship is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.