Bus at JFK to connect T5 and T8

Old Nov 11, 2022, 9:45 am
  #61  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Global
Posts: 5,950
Originally Posted by ESpen36
No. JAL operates out of Terminal 1, not Terminal 8. You will not be allowed to take the airside bus from Terminal 5 to Terminal 8, since your onward connecting flight is out of Terminal 1.

However, given current airport construction, after your JetBlue flight, you will need to take AirTrain from Terminal 5 to Terminal 8 anyway, and then transfer to the special Terminal 1/2 bus and then clear security again in Terminal 1.
n/a
Originally Posted by InfrequentFlyer2018
I just did this 3 weeks ago. As mentioned, they will NOT let you on the bus. Depending on your connection time (We had 5 hours), you can leave T5, take the AirTrain to T8, clear TSA w your JL BP (you'll need a BP, a copy of your itinerary will not work) and then access the Flagship lounge w your JAL BP (Assuming you are in F/J or have OW Status). The AirFrance lounge in T1 is a bus stop w really poor food/drinks/seating, so do your best to get to the Flagship lounge.

I was able to get our JL BP digitally on my iphone and it worked fine getting through T8 TSA.

The AirTrain is under Construction, but its really not a bit deal (or it wasn't 3 weeks ago).

FYI - The T1 TSA is terrible, There is no dedicated TSA-Pre security lane. The agents are rude and do a lot of yelling. Give yourself some extra time to get through that disaster.
Thanks both of you. .I must have been thinking CX or another partner.

I only have 2 hours from touchdown to takeoff, so I will head straight to T1.
Global321 is offline  
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:00 am
  #62  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 306
2 hours... I'd hustle!
Global321 likes this.
InfrequentFlyer2018 is offline  
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:03 pm
  #63  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Global
Posts: 5,950
Originally Posted by InfrequentFlyer2018
2 hours... I'd hustle!
100%. When I booked I was thinking no security at JFK. My fault.
Global321 is offline  
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:32 pm
  #64  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Posts: 1,015
Originally Posted by Global321
I only have 2 hours from touchdown to takeoff, so I will head straight to T1.
If it's in the next couple of weeks (while the T1 airtrain is closed) really push to get a BP in advance.

While the T1 airtrain is closed I would budget a minimum 30mins T5->T1, and then given B6's typical on-time performance, it can get very close to the 60min check-in cutoff very quickly.
ESpen36 and Global321 like this.
lrdpenn is offline  
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:17 pm
  #65  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Global
Posts: 5,950
Originally Posted by lrdpenn
If it's in the next couple of weeks (while the T1 airtrain is closed) really push to get a BP in advance.

While the T1 airtrain is closed I would budget a minimum 30mins T5->T1, and then given B6's typical on-time performance, it can get very close to the 60min check-in cutoff very quickly.
Thanks. I will have carryon only. And if there is anyway to get a BP, I will 100% do so. I will do online check-in the day before, so at the very least I will be "checked in".
Spent the extra money to be near front of the plane. One of the first flights out of the day, so hopefully we get out early and land early at JFK.

Nothing else to do but pray and run.
Global321 is offline  
Old May 1, 2023, 9:40 pm
  #66  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Posts: 27
Just wish to check if this service is extended to JetBlue connecting Oneworld partner operating at T8 say BA or CX?

I will be taking a domestic JetBlue flight (with AA code) and connecting to international flight at JFK T8. Wanna see if can enjoy the smoother transfer via airside bus.
xcfly is offline  
Old May 1, 2023, 10:08 pm
  #67  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Global
Posts: 5,950
Originally Posted by xcfly
Just wish to check if this service is extended to JetBlue connecting Oneworld partner operating at T8 say BA or CX?

I will be taking a domestic JetBlue flight (with AA code) and connecting to international flight at JFK T8. Wanna see if can enjoy the smoother transfer via airside bus.
100% yes. They will ask to see a bp for a flight out of T8... If you have your bp in hand it is easiest. But an itinerary works as well.
Global321 is offline  
Old May 1, 2023, 10:12 pm
  #68  
 
Join Date: May 2023
Posts: 27
Originally Posted by Global321
100% yes. They will ask to see a bp for a flight out of T8... If you have your bp in hand it is easiest. But an itinerary works as well.

would it be any flights out of T8? Or it has to be oneworld?

If that transfer works, I dont have to clear security again! What a plus!!

any written rules by JetBlue/AA showing this courtesy? I cannot locate any online.
xcfly is offline  
Old May 2, 2023, 7:14 am
  #69  
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Global
Posts: 5,950
Originally Posted by xcfly
would it be any flights out of T8? Or it has to be oneworld?

If that transfer works, I dont have to clear security again! What a plus!!

any written rules by JetBlue/AA showing this courtesy? I cannot locate any online.
The bus is paid for by JetBlue/AA. So I would think it is limited to AA one way and JetBlue the other way. Codeshares would likely be fine as well.
I had a JetBlue flight and I was able to explain I wanted to go to T8 to use the lounge. A little resistance, but I was allowed.

One thing to remember, the person checking if you eligible looks at your ticket/itinerary. There is no scan or computer verification.
It is simply looking at a piece of paper with the correct information on it.
Just a piece of paper.
That shows a connection to AA. (or JetBlue)
On a piece of paper.

:
Global321 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 2023, 2:21 pm
  #70  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Programs: UA, SPG
Posts: 27
Does anyone know if this bus is still running after the end of the Northeast Alliance? Or if it'll be running through the end of September?
Flyguy85 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 2023, 2:32 pm
  #71  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: United States
Programs: AA EP
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by Flyguy85
Does anyone know if this bus is still running after the end of the Northeast Alliance? Or if it'll be running through the end of September?
it looked like it was running about two weeks ago when i flew through JFK
evw93 is offline  
Old Aug 29, 2023, 4:25 pm
  #72  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NYC, USA
Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Posts: 10,962
Yes, it is still running. You must have a boarding pass (or confirmation email/ticket) for a flight that departs from the other terminal in order to board the bus.
paskyhawk likes this.
ESpen36 is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2023, 12:09 pm
  #73  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Programs: UA, SPG
Posts: 27
Awesome - thanks! Trying to connect from B6 to AA, but I'll have the boarding pass for sure and no luggage to check.
Flyguy85 is offline  
Old Aug 30, 2023, 8:13 pm
  #74  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,122
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Yes, it is still running. You must have a boarding pass (or confirmation email/ticket) for a flight that departs from the other terminal in order to board the bus.
Why? Is there a bunch of people trying to sneak into T8?
Aliquot is offline  
Old Aug 31, 2023, 6:51 am
  #75  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NYC, USA
Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Posts: 10,962
Originally Posted by Aliquot
Why? Is there a bunch of people trying to sneak into T8?
No. They probably check boarding passes to make sure that it is their own (AA and/or B6) customers using the service, as operating the buses costs money.

Anyone else can use the AirTrain to change terminals.
ESpen36 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.